[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with moisture in basement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20170715_011514.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_011514.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Hey so me and my roommate are remodeling the down stairs/basement to rent out and were having a few issues. The Main issue is a presence of water behind a retaining wall in the basement, which is accessible through a door that goes into the crawl space underneath the house.

The house was built (In the 1920s I believe) on a hill, so during the rainy seasons the water will run down the hill and collect behind the retaining wall, under the house. It seems that the owner had once dug a trench to help reroute some of the stagnant water, but nobody had lived here for 11 years before we moved in( about 5 months ago) so the trench had since been filled with dirt and foliage over the years.

We have someone who is planning on moving in beginning of next month and I'm worried we wont have it ready in time because the moisture is causing too many problems and is undoing the work we have already done.

We need to fix this as fast as possible and get rid of all the moisture to continue remodeling.

Please Help
>>
File: 20170628_003951.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_003951.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
This is the other side the retaining wall inside the basement.
>>
I would start by digging out that trench again
>>
>>1209594
Clean out the trash. Make sure there is no wood to dirt contact anywhere. Dig out that trench again and maybe even look into installing a real drainage like a French drain or some such.
>>
dat cockeyed support block and wet 10awg wire tho.
Take pic of wall, want to see if they have chains hanging on it.
>>
>>1209938
A French drain will surrender at the first sign of moisture or be overrun in hours.

You need an English drain, that'll sort your shit out.

It's all about the drains.
>>
>>1209951
Spanish drain or bust
>>
>>1209951
>You need an English drain, that'll sort your shit out.
You mean work for 3 hours, slip off to the pub, come back from the pub just long enough to clock out at the end of the shift, head back to the pub, come home to terrorize the family at 1 in the morning, and when their company goes under because all of their employees are deadbeats, cry to the government to nationalize it so they can keep right on doing it?

>Spanish drain or bust
So it only works between 8-10 AM to 3-5 PM, taking a siesta in between, does a shoddy job of it, and goes on welfare during the dry season because it has no other useful skills and can't speak the local language?
>>
>>1209978
>You mean work for 3 hours, slip off to the pub, come back from the pub just long enough to clock out at the end of the shift, head back to the pub, come home to terrorize the family at 1 in the morning, and when their company goes under because all of their employees are deadbeats, cry to the government to nationalize it so they can keep right on doing it

HAHA
10/10 saved
>>
> You mean work for 3 hours, slip off to the pub, come back from the pub just long enough to clock out at the end of the shift, head back to the pub, come home to terrorize the family at 1 in the morning, and when their company goes under because all of their employees are deadbeats, cry to the government to nationalize it so they can keep right on doing it?

Thats an Australian drain.

Some guy down our road had an Italian drain, we only found out when 7 dogs on our street got pregnant.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.