[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the missing link here? All I want is harddrive audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (659KB, 1642x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
659KB, 1642x1012px
What is the missing link here? All I want is harddrive audio storage in my vehicle to play through the AUX port. If it can communicate with the infotainment center, then all the better.
>>
>>1209421
To be clear, I am looking for what kind of software package I would need.
>>
>>1209421

there used to be a front end called frodo that or look for car pc front end software
>>
>>1209421
why are you using usb for audio instead of just taking audio from the miniav
do you have any idea what you are fucking doing
all you need is something with buttons (like a usb keyboard), something to connect the hdd (or ssd as pictured) to the raspi or a different sbc with sata, then any audio player with keybinds
if you want to use the cars controls then good luck, you might have bluetooth control if you're lucky
>>
>>1209432
oh this is /diy/ not /g/ im sorry anon
>>
>>1209421
Do you really need SSD or HDD? You have no interface, so you can't specify what you want to play except randomly. a USB flash drive or SD card would be better. (your image is lacking how you power the whole thing)

At that point, you can just get a portable media player for $10 and connect the headphone jack to your AUX input. Without a LINE OUT or amp, you'll have to jack up the volume, but this is a simple solution that gets the job done.

I haven't dealt with car audio for several years, so I don't think you'll be able to directly interface through your car's controls. But on that note, I'm assuming your car audio doesn't have bluetooth integration with your smartphone, because that would be the easiest solution.
>>
File: A10V_1_20150121162169773.jpg (11KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
A10V_1_20150121162169773.jpg
11KB, 640x480px
What OP needs is a touch screen display. They make some designed for the Pi. Also why are you using a SSD? Do you really have that much music? If so, it might be easier to use a USB external harddrive. Just make sure it's powered by USB and it's required amp doesn't exceed the max output for the Pi's USB ports.

>>1209432
>why are you using usb for audio instead of just taking audio from the miniav

not OP, but the onboard audio chip has RF interference from the CPU. Makes a lot of noise when I put in my headphones. I've since started using a USB DAC and that remove the whining and whirring.
>>
File: sku_100471_5.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sku_100471_5.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
You could also use something like this to transmit audio through FM radio waves directly to the radio.
>>
>>1209421
why the heck are you using a $300 SSD instead of a $50 seagate portable one and just connecting your phone to it via usb and then your phone to the stereo via aux?? or just getting a replacement stereo with a usb connection.
>>
>>1209466
this is what I was talking about, it's powered via usb and also does the data transfer through it, so all you need is to connect it to the stereo.
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STEA1000400/dp/B00TKFEEAS/
>>
File: MMMMHHHMMM.jpg (11KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
MMMMHHHMMM.jpg
11KB, 280x210px
>>1209421
I don't want to go all slingblade, but CD-R's are super cheap...
>>
What i use to have was just a ipod that i replaced the harddrive in and left in the car unless i added new music, the classics are great for large collection/high bitrate thanks to having 160gb harddrives
>>
>>1209466
>why the heck are you using a $300 SSD instead of a $50 seagate portable one

Gotta go fast.

And furious.
>>
Why the balls aren't you just using your phone and an aux cable?
>>
>>1209421
http://www.icrobotics.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Turning_the_Raspberry_Pi_Into_an_FM_Transmitter
>>
>>1209551
Problem solved, problem staying solved. Rangers Lead The Way.
>>
>>1209421
>ssd
>usb 2.0
Wat.
Are you.
Doing!
>>
>>1210841
Probably for the shock resistance.
>>
>>1209442
Sound quality is terrible with those
>>
if the audio system supports usb storage devices just format the hdd to fat32 and it'll pick up as a usb.
>>
>>1211421
Sorry for the sage, forgot to empty name field
>>
>>1209421
>If it can communicate with the infotainment center
if you've already got a semi modern infotainment system then it should be able to communicate with an android OS via bluetooth
so either run android on the pi or if that's not possible for whatever reason buy an odroid or any other sbc that does
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.