[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I want to check the led strips of a TV, and I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: FCIA5C4HMNNEQX4.LARGE.jpg (30KB, 550x387px) Image search: [Google]
FCIA5C4HMNNEQX4.LARGE.jpg
30KB, 550x387px
Hey guys, I want to check the led strips of a TV, and I would like to ask you if a 9V battery used like in pic related would be enough.

Noob here.
>>
>>1209151
to check white leds (just see if they work/glow dimly) they need a forward voltage of ~3V each

see how many are in series (there may be parallel strings of series leds) and multiply by 3 to get the voltage to make them glow
>>
File: asdf.jpg (917KB, 3065x1800px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
917KB, 3065x1800px
>>1209156
Well, the screen has stopped illuminating but there's audio and some subtle images. That's why I believe that one LED is dead. My idea is to identify the dead one and remove it to close the circuit again.

Pic related.
>>
>>1209151
The strip will drain about 0,6 to 1,2 Ampere per meter depending on how many LEDs it has. Let's say you have a 40 inch TV, thats makes something like 3 meters. At 3 Ampere your average 9V battery (~600mAh) will last 12 minutes until it's dead.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (85KB, 1000x937px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
85KB, 1000x937px
>>1209166
nevermind, didn't read your question properly. thought you wanted to power something like pic related with your battery.
>>
>>1209163
Those LED's would be in parallel, not series. They are not christmas lights, a dead LED will not kill the entire strip. Put a meter on the power line going to the strips, discover that there is no voltage present, and move on.
>>
>>1209189
>Those LED's would be in parallel, not series
Are you sure of this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJoPCa7Kt0
>>
>>1209189
The wiring shows they are in series.

find the dead led with a metre, then bridge it or put a 5 diodes across it.

You want to drop the voltage to prevent over working the other leds, if that was the issue.
>>
>>1209364
You can't check continuity with LEDs like with an incandescent. You need a multimeter with a diode checker.
>>
>>1209371
you check the leds with a metre, as i said. then emulate the voltage drop with diodes. simple.

either the chip wont light up or you get a infinite resistance reading on the metre.

not that hard
>>
File: smarter_than_me.jpg (42KB, 1339x691px) Image search: [Google]
smarter_than_me.jpg
42KB, 1339x691px
>>1209376
>>1209376
>metre

please stop this. do brits actually say this?

it's a meter. a fucking meter.
>>
>>1209385
>it's a meter. a fucking meter.
Wanker.
>>
The led tv I was playing with needed 50+ volts before the LEDs would start lighting. TVs may very.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.