[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any real noticeable difference depending on how you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ssssssssss.png (91KB, 589x708px) Image search: [Google]
ssssssssss.png
91KB, 589x708px
Is there any real noticeable difference depending on how you install a butyl sound deadening mat (provided you use about the same amount)? I have some panels to dampen for general vibration.

Please only people with experience, no internet pros
>>
gonna give this a single bump
>>
>>1208854
>Please only people with experience, no internet pros
>comes to /diy/
>>
>>1209715

Exactly. House painter guy here. No way I'm gonna share tips with this clown.
>>
>>1208854
I do a lot of car audio and use dynamat all the time. I have always covered the surface I want deadened completely in material, never once have I done some pattern like you have pictured. I don't imagine the shape would make a massive difference, however, if you're trying to save money and use less mat I'd lean towards the strips of mat. If you're extremely cheap you can buy roofing stuff that's pretty much the same thing except tar based instead of gel adhesive. it's a mess but it absolutely works and is far cheaper.
>>
It works best as a large single mass than it does as multiple smaller masses. If you don't have enough to do the entire surface, do as much of it as you can in one piece, preferably towards the center.
>>
>>1208854
CLD tiles on 25% of a panel
1/8in layer of high density foam
1/8 layer of mass loaded vinyl

CLD tile dampens vibrations
foam separates the vinyl from the object
Mass loaded vinyl blocks sound

worked in my cars, and my garage
>>
>>1209811
>I have always covered the surface
a complete mistake
any coverage past 25% is pointless
dynamat does not block noise

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
>>
>>1209997
>any coverage past 25% is pointless
this is a retarded oversimplification.
1. Adding more mass, regardless of if it's sounddeadener or not, reduces vibration further and also moves more of the vibration out of the audible range
2. If it's a complex part with lots of joints and shit, you definitely want to cover around all the joints, which can be 60% already
3. If you're protecting against direct impacts, like gravel hitting the wheelhouse or rain on sheet metal, any small gap in the sounddeadener will make a lot more noise when it's struck directly
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.