[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

building a cheap structure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: slider3.jpg (22KB, 433x244px) Image search: [Google]
slider3.jpg
22KB, 433x244px
whats the cheapest way to build a structure? say around 1000sq ft. 12ft high-ish
steel? wood? truss roof? flat roof?
essentially for agricultural storage so it doesnt need to be super finishable.
>>
>>1208574
Go to kitset garage website, find list of parts and blueprint. Do the foundation yourself if youre crazy enough and can afford a fuckup.
>>
>>1208579
the term kitset is only relevant down under so no help there. this also doesn't tell me anything about what the cheaper way to build is?
>>
>>1208800
Well I'd see what materials you can get for free locally.. For example if you can get those big tall utility poles for cheap or free. Those would be great to use.

If you got a sawmill near by. Timber frame the shit outta it.
>>
>>1208574
cinder blocks favela style
>>
File: pole-building.jpg (119KB, 984x695px) Image search: [Google]
pole-building.jpg
119KB, 984x695px
Pole barn. Goes up fast and doesn't require $$$$ of cement unless you want to.
>>
>>1208831
I cant get anything for free and there are no saw mills. i live in a big city where construction material pricing is brutally inflated.
>>
>>1208839
My whole state (Florida) is like this. Not a single sawmill in the whole fucking state. Everything is shipped in and you fucking pay for it hard.

But believe it or not. Our cement is stupid cheap compared to lots of places....
>>
>>1208868
So build it out of cinder blocks and concrete.
>>
>>1208800
Wait really? Seems like a huge untapped market then, get into that shit. I used to work for totalspan, litterally got paid close to 3k a job for a few hours of framing and screwing in corrugate.

Theres money in sheds my man.
>>
>>1208800
Steal a shipping container
>>
Buy or mill a earthen brick press. Dig home for slab, save dirt. Pour slab. Use the dirt to press earthen bricks.
Will last a long time and cost pennies per brick
>>
>>1208928
>. I used to work for totalspan, litterally got paid close to 3k a job for a few hours

So why would you stop doint something that paid 3K for a few hours of easy work?
>>
>>1209335
My back got fucked.
>>
>>1209335
Got fired for stealing materials. I didn't steal shit, but couldn't prove it.
>>
>>1208574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhlOPUFD030
>>
Pole barn kits are a thing and they can be shipped from out of state, as can steel buildings.

How much money can you spare for the job? That matters otherwise it's hard to give useful advice. Three grand? Four? Five?
>>
>>1209353
You know damn well if he has any money at all, it's no more than three hundred dollars and he's just here larping. Or he's fucking delusional and thinks we know of some secret home you can legally build on public land and live comfortably with all amenities for a couple hundred dollars.
>>
>>1208579
You can buy prefab slabs of large concrete sections for the purpose of a foundation. Might be hard to get in very remote areas.
>>
>>1208574
look into cinder blocks. I have a cabin made out of them and its just fine.

a 8x10 wall of cinder block is around $90 - Home depot pricing.
>>
>>1208574
Something like this is probably going to be the cheapest & easiest to put up. It's just a bunch of sheet metal arches bolted together.
>>
File: Right Picture.jpg (1MB, 4288x2164px) Image search: [Google]
Right Picture.jpg
1MB, 4288x2164px
>>1210758
forgot pic
>>
A dirt floor, wood frame ( "A" frame if your real cheap preferably gable), pier blocks and wood screws with corrugated sheet. Swap a few sheets for greenhouse corrugated sheet for light.

Bent steel square tube welded and self tapping screws for the pannels if your a boss.
>>
I'm in GA. Our lumber is cheap because a fuckload of it is made right here in state. I recently had this situation and ended up nig rigging a 10x17 harbor freight portable garage (169.99) to my purposes. Assembled it, I nig rigged a "floor" with some cheap landscape timbers from home depot ($3 each), secured everything with some joiners, used some concrete blocks of various sizes to level everything (easier to do if you start with a level ground but I did not have that luxury), then slapped on OSB.

I doubt it'll last 10-20 years but it was the fraction of an entry level building and it'll do until I can do something better in the next 2-3 years.

>>1209354

I did mine for not much over that. Building was $169.99, about $40 in foundation posts, $20 in cinder blocks, another $25 in smaller blocks to level up everything, $40 worth of sand to level, $20 in joiners, $5 in nails (screws are better but I'm a cheap ass), and $80 for plywood (3/4 OSB). Tax and everything, I'm probably in it for $400-500 max, and the cheapest 10x17 metal building with sides that I could get was going to be around $1800 without a foundation.

Can knock off ~$150 if you decide to do a dirt floor or maybe a gravel floor, but I needed wood for shelving.
>>
>>1208838
this / thread
>>
>>1209216

You can get one for $1500-2000 delivered in many places, but they're not for everyone.

>unless you get a high wall, you won't have a lot of vertical room if you do any type of framing or throw in a floor to cover the shitty marine wood
>you need a large area to put it in - minimum double the length of the unit.
>if you don't insulate it, it will be miserable

They have custom ones that are made into offices, but at that point it's really defeating the purpose of just having a metal building
>>
>>1212326
If you're not going to post pictures, no one believes you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.