[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found an expired extinguisher from 08 and was wondering what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20170712_224707.jpg (4MB, 2662x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_224707.jpg
4MB, 2662x2660px
Found an expired extinguisher from 08 and was wondering what would be the best way to empty it for /diy/ purposes. Other than just spraying it into a trashcan then drilling a small hole near the neck to make sure its completely empty, is there anything I show know before proceeding? As in is the foam considered "pollution"? Just a quick question.
>>
>>1208432
Set something on fire and use it.
>>
stick it in your pants
fire away
>>
The fire extinguisher is a chemical based one, according to some sources they should be avoided since they are poisonious in nature. Can I just rinse it out with regular soap?
>>
>>1208439

Meant to say "dry chemical" one
>>
>>1208434
This. My dad taught my little brother & I how to use them by setting controlled fires of paper and then gasoline in a large metal pan and then having us put it out. Hands on experience that has benefitted me on more than half-dozen occasions since.

Alternatively, take it to the range and shoot it. More fun than a propane tank.
>>
>>1208441
>dry chemical
Trash bag over the nozzle, discharge it.
A small one like >>1208432 won't take long, nor will it even come close to filling the trash bag. It's powder with compressed nitrogen to push it out.

Drychem isn't "poisonous" by itself ... the powder is an irritant though, and is mildly corrosive. Try not to spread it around too much, but it won't be a problem if you're not retarded about it. Tie it shut and toss the bag in the trash.

Once the extinguisher's empty, unscrew the nozzle assembly from the cylinder.
>>
>>1208432
why not geting it cheked and keeping it? its total waste
>>
>>1208452
you've needed to use a fire extinguisher half a dozen times in your life? what life do you live>? some sort of dumb redneck? iv never used one and i work in trades and diy in my spare time./
>>
>>1208569
No offense to op. But it looks like one of those cheapass walmart brand 1 use fuckers.

I bought one

Kitchenfire.exe

Oh chit!

Fire extinguisher pff and thats it.

Grab blanket and soak in shower.

Run in kitchen and body slam / waller on top of stove like a seal tryna fuck a whale.

Fire out.

New stove time.
>>
>>1208432
youre a fucking idiot end of story
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.