[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirate radio station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1069.png (13KB, 350x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1069.png
13KB, 350x246px
So I want to start my own station and I've done some research into building my own long range transmitter circuit. What else would I need? The two schematics I have are for a 2km transmission radius and a 10km
>>
Bump. Cool Idea OP, I can't help but what kind of music will you play?
>>
>>1208368
Classic rock, classic metal, blues, early thrash, some non commie punk. Whatever I really felt like
>>
>>1208370
Sweet, sounds like my taste in music more or less, that's what I'd play if I made a station at least. I just looked a bit more into it though, and unless I misunderstood what I read, it sounds like it's rare to hear pirate radio stations unless you're actively trying to, and even then it's hard. Again I know very little on the topic but do you at least have a chance at an audience?
>>
>>1208372
I live near a campus, and I'm young enough to look like I attend. So I'd walk around and leave some stickers telling the frequency and broadcast times.
>>
>>1208376
Is it really as easy as picking a frequency not in use? I also live near a campus and am only 18, might look more into this.

Sorry, I know you made this thread for advice and now I've kinda taken over to ask you questions. I really appreciate you responding though, thanks.
>>
>>1208383
We'll, I would assume if you have the proper equipment then yes. Over the weekend when I have more time I will be looking at it more in depth
>>
I dont know about where you live amigos but in my country transmitting without permission is highly illegal
>>
Depending on how much money you want to spend, you can buy a decent transmitter on Amazon for less than $300. If you really, really want a powerful unit, look to pcs-electronics.com.
Look up and use a notch filter - that will keep your ass on the air better than anything else, because the harmonics on the FM band cause splatter on the police band without one, and that's asking to get busted. You can either pick an unused freq at least two clicks away from other stations, or right at the end of the bands to prevent bleed-over.
Having said this, it's so much easier to simply create a streaming music service, and the FCC doesn't give a rat's ass about the music streaming on the net. Consider your options.
>>
>>1208415
I like the illegality of the radio station, and it wouldn't be 24/7, thank you for the much needed input on the splatter
>>
>>1208401
Tennessee. FCC gets pretty butthurt
>>
just trying to understand all the legal stuff here and with every article I read I get more confused.

I'm a college student and I'd like to broadcast radio near my campus, not with any ridiculous range or anything. Is there any way to legally do so? I know the college currently has a station but all they play is jazz and you have to be a certain major to help with it. I just want for people to turn on their car radio nearby and listen in.
>>
>>1208427
No amount of 'cool' shit will make up for your terrible personality you goddamn tripfag
>>
this is cool, rock on radio man
>>
>power up transmitter
>oh look everyone, music I haven't paid royalties for!
>also a beacon that will lead authorities straight to my facility

Sounds like a fine way to get fucked in the ass

Build lots of them and start your own wireless ISP instead, or start selling bandwidth
At least then you won't be responsible for the shit you're transmitting
>>
I can listen to any music I want but to me what makes radio good is a couple of really amusing hosts who bring you in to a fun place.

Look up Hamish and Andy here in Aus, Chris Moyles in the UK used to be funny and so did Allan Beswick also UK.

Forget the music, its the hosts.

Call me yah, im funny as fuck.
>>
FCC will triangulate your position in a matter of hours.
>>
>>1208340
FCC pls go
>>
>>1208572
THE EFF CEE CEE
WON'T LET ME BE
OR LET ME BE ME
SO LET ME SEE
>>
>>1208529
Hosts definitely help sell the show but a common issue that makes me stop listening to radio is when the hosts try so hard they wind up barely playing music. Personally I like back to back tracks, if a host has good enough taste the music can speak for itself. Then in between chunks of programming theow in some jokes or stories but still keeping it brief
>>
Pre-record your broadcast and then drop the transmitter off at the highest point in town. Make sure no fingerprints are on the equipment.
>>
>>1208637
THEY TRIED TO SHUT ME DOWN ON M TEE VEE
>>
>>1208340
I'm an FCC license holder, so I can't recommend that you run a big unlicensed broadcast station.

But if I could, I'd recommend you look into buying a transmitter as others have said. Get some test equipment too, an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer would be good, to get an idea of what kind of interference you're shitting out, if any. Make sure you minimize this and don't cause problems, and you'll be less of a target for the FCC. If you do start stepping on someone else's spectrum allocation you'll definitely get in trouble.

It might be interesting to set the transmitter up as a repeater, and beam your signal to it over some other band, say somewhere up in 900 MHz, with a highly directional antenna. So you drop this someplace with a normal whip antenna for the broadcast, but a yagi or something pointed to your studio. Then you can distance yourself from it. You could do this a few times, and change transmitter sites just by pointing your antenna to a different transmitter site. You could also stream to your transmitter over the Internet, I suppose, but that might make it easy to find you depending on how you set it up.
>>
>>1209968
BUT IT FEELS SO M TEE WITH OUT MEE
>>
>>1208529
That's the one thing I don't like. When I turn on the radio in my car, if there's no music I turn it back off. I don't particularly care about whatever the "hosts" are talking about, much less recorded ads.
>>
>>1210097
>>1208529
There is always some caveat about the radio stations in my area. It's either shitty hosts, shitty music selection or a combination of the two.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.