[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ghost in shell raincoat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: Безымянный.jpg (72KB, 608x848px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.jpg
72KB, 608x848px
Just finished watching this new ghost in shell movie and fell in love with the costumes. Wanna make myself a raincoat like the one on the pic. Problem is I am completely new to prop-making and got abs no idea where to start, dont even know what material to choose from. Requesting help and advice!
>>
i couldnt find any nice photos of it so i guess the only source is the movie itself.
>>
File: britain_wall_1232334.jpg (847KB, 2124x1200px) Image search: [Google]
britain_wall_1232334.jpg
847KB, 2124x1200px
>>1208198
>>1208199

I'm perfectly sure that you are a really cool guy but please god do not let this become a thing here.

more british love
>>
>>1208203
whats wrong with props-making?
>>
File: britain_green_bits_adfasdfr.jpg (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
britain_green_bits_adfasdfr.jpg
179KB, 1024x768px
>>1208204

I don't know. maybe it's cool.

where would you wear them.
>>
>>>/cgl/
>>
>>1208218
im from moscow so would easily blend in with the local hobos
>>
>>1208235
just no
>>
>>1208235
>/cgl/
>"Ok first you need 12 square feet of foam and worbla"
/cgl/ is somehow worse at making things than /diy/ is
>>
>>1208204 is it better than the anime its self?
>>
>>1208203
That is more like creepy hdr-love than British love. If you really want a shit storm, post that on /p/!
>>
File: gold1.jpg (87KB, 680x519px) Image search: [Google]
gold1.jpg
87KB, 680x519px
>>1208532
>That is more like creepy hdr-love

Yeah, I actually posted an example of HDR crime, which is odd because I'm always ranting about those garish images where everything is saturated purples and reds and greens that induce vomiting.

I suppose there's a degree of HDR madness that I accept, but yeah, a realistic image that still manages to be beautiful is far better.

I wonder if these people get tired of the same old wonderful view.
>>
>>1208198
if i remember corect all the props and visuals did weta workshop(thats why the visuals are good)
try to find a artbook for the film if its out, olso make or get ton of screenshots
i guesing its vinyl or somthing similiar
>>
>>1208198
Try /fa/
>>
>>1208255
Visually? yes
Plot? Not so much
>>
File: blog-halloween-01.jpg (85KB, 744x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blog-halloween-01.jpg
85KB, 744x1200px
>>1208198
get the patrick bateman travel raincoat

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Travel-Length-Waterproof-Raincoat/dp/B003CM7RQ8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

and make it yellowish. this process occurs naturally over time via exposure to UV rays. don't know how to speed up to process. if you can find out how to age plastics/rubber fast tell /fa/ so they can yellow the soles of their nike AF1 sneakers.
>>
>>1211639
perhaps a dye could do trick btw. look up the shit massimo osti (of stone island and cp company) did with cloth and material to give it a sort of cyber punk finish.
>>
>>1211639
>>1211641
if you buy 2 coats, you can cut the hood out of the spare model and attach it to the collar.
>>
File: 4029351972_32bc142c3d_z[1].jpg (193KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
4029351972_32bc142c3d_z[1].jpg
193KB, 375x500px
>>1208198
Can you grab some more screen shots from the movie? Plastic sheeting can be fused by sandwiching it between pieces of paper and ironing the seams at appropriate settings, it would just be a matter of creating a pattern and finding the right source of plastic. Do a web search for "fused plastic" or "fused plastic raincoat" and you should find a ton of examples and tutorials for working with plastic sheets as fabric (pic related is a coat made of fused shopping bags).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.