[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identifying a lamp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hey /diy, my grandma gave me this old lamp for my dorm and I want to fix it up a bit, maybe even make it into a floor lamp changing the tube for something larger. Any recommendations? I also want to replace the hook as it seems to be very fragile and prone to break but getting such a specific piece might be hard. Any ideas on how to replace that mechanism?
>>
Also, if you recognize the design maybe you can point me to the original design so I can take a look at how it was supposed to be at first?
>>
>>1208136
>I also want to replace the hook as it seems to be very fragile and prone to break but getting such a specific piece might be hard. Any ideas on how to replace that mechanism?

I don't see the hook. Please draw a red arrow pointing to it, or describe where it is.

Sorry if I'm being retarded.
>>
Yeah I realize maybe the image is not very clear, here's another photo from above. The cool thing about the hook is that you can set the height of the lamp by clamping it anywhere on the tube
>>
>>1208150
You can also get a floor stand and a longer tube and clamp the lamp to that.
>>
>>1208345
Yes that is a good idea, the only thing that holds me back is that the clamp seems to be very fragile and I would like a more permanent solution
>>
>sand he shit out of it with 50 grit
>mask and clear coat
>rgb led light bulb
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.