[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hotdog food truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 494465595.jpg (18KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
494465595.jpg
18KB, 352x264px
hey I'm in New zealand unemployed and a kinda a drinking junkie 21 recently
I have always dreamed of owning a food truck/caravan but have never found much guides online in terms of pdf or directions would anyone here be able to help me.
something like this please
i also am not a able to get a license as i am disabled i earn 150 a week
>>
>>1207844
Where I'm at it takes about $20 grand USD to build and stock. This is before licenses and inspections. How much money do you have to invest in this? If the answer is 150 a week, just walk away from the thread my friend.
>>
You could probably get a box trailer and cut a hinged hole in the side. Mount a metal counter inside and bolt down some propane burnerss. Install a sink and water tank. Shelves and a space for a mini fridge. sounds like a lot of metal work. Also you need some vehicle to tow it around and a generator for the fridges
>>
>>1207844
be better looking 2nd hand (in a city, pref.) - can assume you more or less need to renovate everything, but, thats more or less time rather than money then. Even then, you are looking at maybe $5k for even the most basic basics. The rest is having a good idea, hard work and LOCATION - and a lot of BS getting permits and stuff, extent of which dependent upon your locale, you probably need some type of food hygiene qualification / course but.

Go see if you can work for someone already doing similar, or bar/food/market for a bit first, for experience rather than money - it is a shitload of work, and you need to be the world s most reliable cunt running a truck, be there rain, hail or shine, every-fucking-day.
>>
bingo bingo bingo
>>
>>1207844
>NZ
I'm pretty sure there has to be some kind of subsided program to help you out. You live in one of the best countries in the world, enjoy it.
>>
>>1207874
ty anyone got a hotdog cart plan file :)
that isnt 500 dollar's
>>
>>1207893
The answer is 'No', as it's not a generic thing. In places like NZ it'll have to meet a range of standards for food preparation, storage and hygiene, as well as electrical/gas safety, and these vary from country to country and year to year, such as this - - > http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/_Documents/retail/mobile_food_vending_guidelines.pdf

Unless you've got $10k handy, its not something you can backyard with a zero skills base.
>>
>>1208029
>Unless you've got $10k handy
I'm sure there are governmental handouts in NZ to support job creation. Also op claims to have some type of disability, if he contacts social security they probably can hook him up with something, he will probably need a business plan and meet a bunch of criteria. I live in a country with a far less than good economy and even here we can apply to national and EU's funding.

>Inb4 that's why your economy is shit
Well, people borrowing money for everything and not having the mans to pay back surely didn't help.
>>
>>1208034
thank you i will look into that much appreciated
>>
Its a shit job unless your already a chef & have a niche. Hot dogs don't cut it around here anymore. Food trucks are big business if your product doesn't suck

But then you're stuck in a hot as he'll box that's smaller than a prison cell.
>>
File: old_school_EN_1.png (27KB, 496x224px) Image search: [Google]
old_school_EN_1.png
27KB, 496x224px
>>1207844
I sell hotdogs at work. Mostly I throw them away because they sit on the grill too long. Sure I swap them out for fresh ones but they usually just grill and die too. People want fresh made but have no time to wait.
Working in that you see. Hotdogs with the right timing can be fresh cooked instantly (picrelated). The novelty attraction would be the customer gets to acrivate the curcuit themselves. Most folks dont get to electrocute their foods. Till they find my shop soon that is. Less than 1/3 of a second is all it takes.
>>
>>1208034
NZfag here. People like you have no fucking idea what they are on about. The government provides nothing to startup business owners. They in fact give them the middle finger and make absolutely everything as difficult as possible with an obscene amount of regulations.
>>
>>1208648
That's actually a cool idea for a little chain place. Set up the shocking zone, have buttons outside that the customers press to shock the food.

I may be stealing your idea. I already work in foodservice and know about electrical requirements for this. You better hurry, I'm building a prototype now.
>>
>>1208746
i thought he was a retard too, its the same in Australia. startups that are physical are impossible and then they hit you with all sorts of other bs. makes it easy for established buisiness and international though
>>
>>1207844
I know a guy who started one up in the Wairarapa, he bought the thing in from the USA, and he can do everything out of it, fantastic setup, paying itself back pretty quickly too, and he's not even manning it himself.
Go for it op, borrow some money from your family etc, his cost $20k, but after that initial outlay it's a really low overhead business
>>
>>1208769
Shockdogs
>>
>>1207862
Get fridges that run off propane.
>>
>>1208769
Noooooo... my patent pending concept I learned 28 years ago in high school electronics class. You trixy devil.
Also pickles will glow like LEDs. Food based food sign?

Try the hotdog trick with metal rods instead of forks and slice the ends like a Chinese restaurant. They "bloom" instantly. Lotta fun.
>>
op here i should be clear im talking about corndog and french fries and stuff for beaches in summer
>>
File: HOT DOG 101.jpg (57KB, 400x486px) Image search: [Google]
HOT DOG 101.jpg
57KB, 400x486px
*can't get license
*can't get funds
*no experience

You have no chance of starting out with a truck, or anything expensive. Start small, learn the business and grow. In my city, we have a few guys who post up on the corners with setups similar to this. Either just a cart they basically wheelbarrow around, attach to a bike, or permanently connect to a bike.

We also have a bunch of buys who have coolers (might be energized) on trikes that they ride though the parks and event areas selling ice cream. I hear they make really good money when they own the bikes and products themselves.

Don't be discouraged, but don't lie to yourself. If you managed to get a truck, you'd be bankrupt before you figured the business out anyway. Start small. If you had a truck, you'd have to have to hire, and fire. Don't employ anyone until you have too much work to do yourself.
>>
>>1209815
those things are illegal here
>>
>>1208808
We have NEIS in Australia at least, generally guarantees you a low interested business loan from I think it's NAB? But since it's such a great program, way too many people apply for it and unless you have a solid business plan and look presentable you won't have much chance.
>>
>>1207844
Judging by the fact you write like a 4 year old, are "a kinda a drinking junkie" (does that mean you drink and do drugs or is that some funny way of saying drunk?) and that you "earn" $150/week, how exactly were you planning on paying for the start-up costs of anything like this?

Stop drinking and drugging and find a real job. That will save you money and bring in livable amounts of money, respectively. Even if your disability is something real, like you're in a wheelchair or something, and not something dumb like depression, you can still find work if you present yourself well and are willing to work. Ideally you'd want something in the food industry so you can gain experience for the day you buy the truck.

Once you've done all that you can save up to buy a food truck and get all the licenses and permits you'll need to use it.

Also,
>>1208746
>>1208808
These two guys get it. The vast majority of regulations are ghostwritten by lobbyists from major corporations and voted for by whore politicians to stamp out competition. There's a line between regulations that make sure you're not mixing ratshit in your brownie mix and overly burdensome ones that prevent people from starting a business.
>>
>>1207844
Over here it's 95% about the pitch you get as you have to speak to the landowner and/or the council. 99% of the good pitches are already taken, and the other 1% is being chased by the established guys.

There are major turf wars over this shit, with plenty of intimidation coming from the organised guys, some real shady shit. Not everywhere, but certainly the busier areas.

The money can be good, but the initial outlay is much larger than you think.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.