[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY IR Goggles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: $_3.jpg (22KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
22KB, 500x430px
I want to build IR goggles. The IR part is easy as most digital camera's can pick up infrared wavelength. Here's my idea, 2 camera's (small enough to fit inside head mount assembly) attached to 2 small screen (that are wrapped to provide eye covers) giving you depth of view, and keep light from leaking out. I'm thinking those tiny spy/button camera's attached to hobby lcd's that come in 1"-3". They just have to be able to be viewed from very close, like a camcorder viewfinder, then i attach IR illuminators or use an IR torch and vuala.
>>
get phone vr. cut out hole for phone camera. or if your phone doesnt have ir mount a camera on the outside and route the feed to the phone
>>
>>1207437
instead of the LCD screens, what about salvaging two of the viewports from old handheld cameras, with the mini CRTs in... Ain't fun without the HV.
>>
>>1207475
direct ocular xray injection ftw
>>
>>1207456
This. Also buy an IR flashlight.
Enjoy your cheap ass effective nightvision
>>
>>1207456
I tried this but the distance to get a discernible picture from my eyes is about 4" so I'd have to anchor it pretty far from my head, also the my smartphone camera automatically maxes out the brightness in camera mode... that's probably just a software problem I'm already looking at other camera software.
>>
Cheap VR kit for a phone from walmart
Cheap android phone
IR LEDs
Power for IR LEDs and a switch to power it on/off.

Remove the lenses from the VR unit.
Make a hole in the VR unit for the rear camera on the phone.
Mount IR LEDs on the front of the VR unit. Add a switch and power for the IR LEDs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9mwGeDAxhk
>>
Fuck this project look cool, post result ever if you don't. Probably now that Im on winter vacation (south of the Ecuador line) will do it for nocturnal andinism
>>
>>1207806
>Ecuador line
>>
So I used a different smart phone, does way better in low light [and its a cheap burner phone] distance from eyes is still the same, so I'm looking more into lcd's for close up view. I was thinking about going further than 2 screens/camera's after reading about the GPNVG-18 the US Navy seals used when assassinating bin laden. why not 4 lcd/camera's, then I thought why not create an entire self contained stimulation set up like pic related. To get real durable result reinforce the cams/lcds and fragile wiring. weather proofing couldn't be that hard. I think its worth spending a couple hundred building this than couple thousand buying a mil-spec, only diff is the tolerances are built to withstand extreme conditions, heat recoil, dust water, doesn't need to be that bullet proof, though I could probably do it under budget.
>>
File: Wearcompevolution.jpg (428KB, 1748x855px) Image search: [Google]
Wearcompevolution.jpg
428KB, 1748x855px
>>1207437
This variety of /diy/ has been retarded for decades. Stop pickling deer testicles, acquire some hard currency and just buy real ones. There are hordes of Chinese engineers do this sort of stuff much, much better than you ever will. Factor is a lack of warranty and purchase used equipment if you really need those deer testicles.
>>
>>1208382
>assassination of bin laden
>stimulation set up
Sex toys are off topic in /diy/.
>>
>>1207437

Get a board camera (or however many you need). Research the focal length you will need as depending on your use, you may need to change the lens out and the cameras usually don't have a wide range of lenses. For instance, I did a project making a night vision rifle scope and need a 16mm to see though the scope properly.

You can also get a rear-view car backup LCD screen for under $20 (US)...3.5". But for something inside a set of goggles, you will need smaller and it may be more expensive. You may also need an overlay plastic lens - like the lenses in a head mounted magnifier (some one Amazon come with several spare lenses).

A $40-$60 weaver mount IR illuminator will work well. The Sightmark IR-805 is very good imo. You can go cheap and get a 12v 40-led illuminator and that will turn night into day - it's only about $12 but it's bulky and meant for fixed mounting on a house or building.

Lastly - use one camera and feed two displays.
>>
>>1208400
Or Google Cardboard it.
>>
Ahhh, the cornerstone of every stealth rape outfit.

Dont forget zip ties rapeanon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.