[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wiring unknown electric motor and capacitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: image1.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
My goal is to rewire this salvaged motor, and reuse it as part of a workshop tool. I have little knowledge in this area, and don't know which wires to attach to which.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
motor specs.
>>
>>1207405
Looks like it was plugged into a controller board of some type. Is it reversible? If so, you will basically have two hots, a neutral, and a ground (green and yellow wire for sure). Each hot will be for different rotations, clockwise and counterclockwise.

If it is not a reversible motor then I am not sure.

The caps will be for startup and possible for run. It would have helped a lot of you had the rest of the thing it came out of. Also, what RPM and HP is it? It might well not be useful for much. It looks very small but it is hard to tell scale. Maybe 1/6th HP? 1/8th?
>>
>>1207420
>>1207420
This motor came out of a rather old dental examination chair, so it is most likely reversible. You are correct that it is rather small, however in this form I believe it is a linear actuator, so a little force would go a long way. There were two motors in the chair, and two caps, so I assume the caps are only for startup. While I was able to salvage both capacitors, one motor was not able to be taken. I don't know the HP or the rpm, and I can't understand much of what the label says. Thanks
>>
>>1207420
Yes, it was plugged into a controller board which I have as well. I would very much like to bypass it if possible.
>>
File: psc-switch-connections.jpg (70KB, 962x622px) Image search: [Google]
psc-switch-connections.jpg
70KB, 962x622px
>>1207405
In the attached image the red and black wires are the black and brown wires on your motor.
>>
>>1207438
Bless you anon, it works!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.