[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i make my devices hard to trace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: encryption-vpn.png (232KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
encryption-vpn.png
232KB, 400x300px
I know how easy it is for folks to triangulate ones location nowadays. I was wondering if its even possible to make a laptop, smart phone, or any other electronic devices "stealthy" so to speak.
Like how would i make them untraceable/untrackable?
Hate the idea of someone being able to find me just by triangulating my location via whatever methods they wished to use xD
>>
bait
>>
Simple, just don't have them.
>>
>>1206954
Easy. Put them in a Faraday cage. Oh, you want to be able to make calls and connect to wifi and shit? Sorry, that is now how shit works. If you connect to an access point then, at the very least, people will know you are in range of that access point.
>>
Try a vpn, they change your ip, thus if they where to trace it, it would be a different location
>>
>>1206962
Fuck me anon, you stupid fuck, don't talk about shit that you know nothing about.
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (105KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
105KB, 400x345px
>triangulate
>>
>>1206954
>Buy laptop off craigslist
>Install qubes os
>Setup whonix
>Have extremely careful opsec
Now you are 99.9999% untraceable. Don't be a nigger.
>>
>>1207079
>implying qubes works on most laptops

Get a t420, op
>>
>>1207093
>Intel laptop with ME enabled with blobs you can't disable safe
>implying qubes isn't an under developed, bloated os with a large attack surface
>>
>>1207134
I have core boot and disabled the blobs. QubesOS is just a modified Xen system. It's attack surface is significantly smaller than any other system out there.
>>
>>1207135
You dumb fuck, CoreBoot is a fork of Libreboot. The only difference is that CoreBoot does NOT disable blobs, as it can't. That's why it's prevalent on so many laptops, and libre isn't.

Also Xen on bare metal is a nice efficient system.
Qubes took it and made it bloated as duck. You have literally no clue what you are talking about.
>>
>>1207137
Why do you have to be such a cunt? Do you realize this makes it so much worse for you when you get exposed?

Libreboot is a downstream fork of Coreboot. Libreboot isn't compatible with the t420, true, but you can install Coreboot and disable ME on the t420.

Qubes has the lowest attack surface of an consumer-grade OS I'm aware of. Is it more bloated than a clean install of Xen? Yes. Can a normie run Xen to watch cat video on YouTube? No.

You sumnercunts are insufferable.
>>
turn it off

maybe change your location settings
>>
>>1206954
>It's easy to triangulate
>xD

So do it. show me anyone or any devices whereabouts right now using any method of triangulation. When you fail, try strangulation.
>>
>>1206954
Buy second hand with cash. Use a clean install of any fucking OS you want but if you need to go online use a virtual machine and TOR.
Don't save to the virtual machine and use a fresh image each time with variation in the virtual hardware profile.
Don't do anything that can help them profile you. Use different networks with accounts that can't be linked to you.
>>
use a long range wifi antenna (like a diy yagi) to connect to a somewhat distant AP. Consider switching AP's frequently. Spoof your MAC address, altering it every session. Sandbox everything (VM). Monitor Traffic. A VPN that cares about your privacy. Buy all hardware used in cash from classifieds. Do not contact seller with your personal coms (e-mail, cell...), use a burner. Buy and trade gift cards to get your currency. If you need a physical mailing address, get a ghost address. Avoid cameras if possible while shopping. "Sanitize" all your foodstuffs and whatnot for traceable items before taking it home. Faraday cage all personal equipment before interacting with your secure devices. Use ferrite beads and other chokes where appropriate. Read 1984. Whip out your tinfoil hat.
Seriously though, if someone with the resources wants to find you, they will. Have a drill and microwave at the ready...
>>
What if im not looking to use it for watching cat videos? I want an laptop settup for stress testing and password cracking is basically all.

Also, to the phone thing. Ive been using vpn and have my device encrypted. But thats basic imo. The box/bag thing that was mentioned is something ill invest in too.

Thankies for all this btw.
>>
Definitely don't use Grindr. Anyone can spoof their location a few times and draw circles on a map to determine exactly where you are.
>>
>>1207036
People usually mean trilateration. I've done it manually, but I don't even remember what actual triangulation is.
>>
>>1207426
>pen testing for free when you could get paid for doing the exact same thing only documenting it
>>
>>1206961
Not everyone uses Wifi, even with laptops.
>>
>>1207342
Fuck, might as well use a live cd or a os on a flash drive.
>>
>>1207432
maybe he is not doing it as for a job or a way to get a job but just to steal peoples shit
>>
>>1207430
*cough*bullshit
>>
>>1209086
You don't believe I've drawn circles on a map?
>>
>>1206954
Ask on /g/ and you'll get a better response on all things security.
>>
>>1207137
Also because dealing with Libreboot means dealing with its founders narcissistic insanity.
>>
>>1206954
No one wants to see your anime collection anon
>>
>>1207430
trilateration is using the ping distance from various known points to find the intersection of the distance circles.
Triangulation is taking the angle of a landmark from two points to find your location. eg. mountain is due north, walk a mile perpindicular to the sight line (due east) and mountain is now a degree off of north. this lets you calculate the size of the triangle on the map and find your location relative to the mountain.
>>
>>1209491
Lol no he won't
>>
>>1206954
Staying on the move is the only way to be safe from that.
>>
>>1206961
aluminum bag
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.