[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a 19 year old loser and I need help with something really basic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: WIN_20170709_22_05_07_Pro.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170709_22_05_07_Pro.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
Hi. I just moved out and am starting to understand poverty. I literally couldnt afford replacement springs for one of my controllers and I decided to put in my own. Pic related is a spring I took from a pen which apparently works pretty well. Only problem is that its two long. Whats the best way to cut a spring of this size without scissors.
>>
>>1206830
What kind of controller is it?
>>
get some scissors and cut it in half, that way it's only one long
>>
File: Wire-Cutter-1.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wire-Cutter-1.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>
>>1206830
Youll fuck it up if you dont use cutters like diaganol cutters or some wire cutters on a pair of pliers
>>
>>1206830
Unless you can coil the spring like it is on the ends on the new end, you'll fuck up the spring and probably the controller. We've all suffered through not having any tools, the trick is learning what you can do without tools. Instead of cutting and recoiling the spring, what if you widened it until it was the desired length? If you can't widen it, use a hammer and chisel (chisel as in anything sharp-ish that will stand up to the blow of a hammer, pointy rocks, kitchen knives, etc) to make the cut, blunt it by rubbing it against a rough surface like pavement, then dip the tip in wax.

Just think outside the box, and buy 1 tool every week or two so you can stop thinking outside the box.
>>
>>1206865
Probably gonna go with this, I havea decent cleaver with a hammerable plastic point. Wish me luck!
>>
>>1206830
Make your own spreng out of copper wire or solder, you'll have to make a new one after each button press though
>>
File halfway through then break.
>>
>>1206838
This. You could literally walk into the store and use a pair off the shelf if you're that hard up. Be careful with small springs that have a sharp edge though. You can spend a very fun 30 seconds twisting like a screw out of your thumb after it shoots a half inch in.

Also if you stretch or bend the spring while cutting you may make it unusable.
>>
>>1206830
>literally couldnt afford replacement springs for one of my controllers
A games console or something?
You know absolutely fucking nothing about poverty.
>>
>>1206830
Lol that looks like a buffer tube detent spring just order one of those and try it
>>
>>1208107
The struggle is real with this one
>>
>>1206830
Move back home
>>
>>1208187
Truth
>>
File: 0132126764839.png (179KB, 700x250px) Image search: [Google]
0132126764839.png
179KB, 700x250px
a sharp knife and something to hammer it with(eg. a rock, a block of wood, etc)
>>
>>1210054
Nope im ending this here, nobody reply to this. Ive seen enough /out/ cousterfucks for one day.
>>
>move out
>controller
>poverty

keep trying
>>
>>1212305
This, dying in a house fire is still the fastest way to get out of poverty ;)))
>>
>>1212305
>and then use scissors while it's hot
OP specifically said "without scissors," you fucking tard. Once he gets it hot and soft, he can probably just bite through it if he does it fast enough that the heat doesn't have time to transfer from the spring to his teeth.
>>
>>1212305
Bwahahaha
>>
>>1206830
if that dont work, heat and bend until it break.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.