[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Wiki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1496791966876-vg.jpg (181KB, 492x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496791966876-vg.jpg
181KB, 492x500px
Hello, /diy/

Does this board have its own wiki, like /g/?
In case it doesn't, would anyone be interested?
>>
>>1206197

>someone didnt read the STICKY

to answer your questions: NO and NO. bye now
>>
>>1206209
The sticky does not mention a wiki.
>>
>>1206222

exactly. thats why I answered your questions with NO and NO. obviously you cant read either.
>>
/diy/ is a bit more of a broad topic than /g/ and would be a tall task for 4chan /diy/ to make its own wiki
>>
>>1206227
I demand an in depth wiki article about the history of imitation crab meat, and it's practice uses
>>
>>1206224
And that's why I'm asking. It's not on the sticky but it might exist.

>>1206227
Well that's why I think the wiki format is useful. We have a lot of people really good at their niches
>>
>>1206252
>Well that's why I think the wiki format is useful. We have a lot of people really good at their niches
If you really want to try to make a wiki dedicated to the sum total of human craftsmanship, no one here is going to stop you. Follow your dreams and all that nonsense. God knows we have encouraged much stupider projects.
>>
>>1206252
If somebody wanted to go look at a more focused resource and not contribute to the board, they would sure as hell not use a wiki written by us.

The last thing this board needs is to be more like neo/g/.
>>
Sticks and wikis are to;dr. I have been on DIY since week one and never taken that much notice if the sticky.
>>
Yeah, it's called fucking Wikipedia.
Google is also pretty good.
>>
>>1206227
Mybe but it would be cool to have a bunkerbro archive or something
>>
>>1206291
Yup. 2nd this
>>
>/g/ has a wiki

Toppest of keks
>>
>>1206197
i dont see why not. everyone in this thread seems to be pissed off at the mention of a /diy/ wiki, not sure why though.
the only issues i can see are it will require coordination and active members to keep contributing and ensuring it actually has useful content.
>>
/diy/ is a very big field, much wider in scope than /g/

it would be like asking for a wiki on "engineering", it is just a dumb question
>>
>>1207005
>/diy/ is a very big field,

Instead of trying to cover everything /diy/ related, perhaps it could cover resolved issues. Recent examples would be:

1. No simple electrical device adjusts its amps downward if you increase the voltage.

2. Adding a shot of black to white paint helps it cover, and will show the paint store that you are a pro.
>>
perhaps you can go use google instead of making us your personal google assistants

this is not /g/ go back to g if you want to read about how to install gentoo
>>
>>1207014
Eventually it will be filled with info from shit posts and bait.

>>1207003
/diy/ is filled mostly by idiots, amateurs and people with no clue. The competent people are usually more interested in impressing people with their knowledge than solving a problem.

>>1206291
This, and have fun verifying the info is correct and not written by some neck beard who will spend the next 6 months giggling in their parents basement about how they may have caused someone to fuck up their property.

>>1206251
Wiki will be filled with pages like this. Everything will eventually be piped back to shipping containers.

>>1206197
Most OP's outside of recurring threads can't even bother googling before posting, and most of the helpful replies are just what people found on google.
>>
>>1207014
Also, a page on diy cooling methods and why an A/C is objectivly the best way to cool your house.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.