[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makita 12volt?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2043.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2043.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Picked up this set from peavy Mart today for a little over 100 bucks! After using the Canadian tire brand and hating it because the battery would slip off I decided to try something from the big 3, Did I just totally waste my money or get a good find?
>>
>>1206176
How many batteries did ya get? That's what it all boils down to.

Also:
>12V

It's really 10,8V, mate.
>>
>>1206176
If I might add another question - why a recipro saw? I've always seen it as the pikiest of pikey tools.
>>
>>1206184
2 batteries and a charger
>>
>>1206189
In which case:

Pro:
>You now have some Makitas, which are possibly not crap
>You essentially got free tools for the price of two batteries and a charger

Cons:
>Only 2.6Ah worth of battery
>Always be explaining to everyone 10.8V is enough
>>
>>1206176
>got the babby 12v
>not the brushless 18v lxt

Seriously though, Good for around the house work, but if you want to use it for awhile or at work you need more umpf in it.
>>
>>1206237
Not OP, but is going brushless for an impact driver and regular for combi drill and jigsaw a retarded move? All 18v lxt anyway. Got 3x3Ah batteries.
>>
>>1206237
18v LXT is the one ring of DIY
>>
Seems a good deal to me with 2 batteries plus charger. Ive only used the makita 12v drills which are white, the old factory i used to work at beat the shit out of them and they never seemed to die.

As others are saying, the makita 18v brushless drill and driver are great. They see moderate, almost daily use at my current job (building maintenance) and ive not had a single problem with them
>>
>>1206237
Agreed.

10.8V is small and handy, but will burn to a crisp if used exessively with impact drills or bigger diameter screws.
>>
12v is good for light work. You won't be putting self tappers through stainless though.

I have guys I work with that use those, they're good for the size.
>>
>>1206176
>Makita
/thread
>>
>>1206292
I do appliance repair and regularly abuse the ever living shit out of my 10.8v Bosch impact... have yet to burn one out from normal use... had one go after it got soaked while running but can't blame that one on the tool really... have framed out garden beds for my wife using 2x8s and 4 inch bugle head screws... rebuilt washer tubs held together with lag bolts and all sorts of other stuff.. I've yet to burn through more than 2 batteries in a day and have yet to have a battery break, been going strong for 5+ years.
>>
>>1206333
I have a similar story
>DeWalt impact falls in sink
>Pull it out before it even sinks to bottom
>Remove battery
>Well shit how am I going to do this job
>Wait 15 mins, try it
>It works!
>Next day go to use it
>It doesn't work
I have yet to find a waterproof drill.
>>
>>1206353
At least you tried. I was in a hurry and didn't realize water had dropped down into the vent on my Bosch, when I went to use it the magic smoke came out... oddly though it still half works, but I don't trust it for my daily job. Either way the new brushless 10.8 impact has a better light and a high and low setting that's nice when running screws in plastic panels and such...
>>
>>1206240
Brushless is only necessary if you're using the tool constantly on the job. If you're just doing hobby woodworking it's overkill. 3ah battery is plenty.
>>
>>1206606
Fair enough. Then again, if the price difference is only like 10%, might as well go for brushless, eh?
>>
>>1206333
10.8 is ok as long as your not working on lug nuts. Or 3 inch patio screws.
>>
>>1206617
>might as well go for brushless, eh?

If they did it right a brushless DC motor is far superior to brushes. BDCM is more efficient because no energy is wasted creating the rotor field. It is longer lived because there are no brushes wearing against the commutator. Also it does not create sparks, which matters in some applications.

On the other hand if they used crap for the shaft position sensor, or the electronics is poorly designed then it might be worse. Brushed designs are way simpler and that sometimes adds reliability.

I'd read online, and if there are no horror stories I'd go with brushless if the cost is as close as you say.
>>
>>1207063
It's even better if your trying to fit the driver into small places... for big tub nuts washer hubs and stuff I keep a plug in 1/2 inch impact in the truck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.