[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with Fightsticks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: faitostikku.jpg (227KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
faitostikku.jpg
227KB, 800x600px
So I need help with a couple of things /diy/, I already have this materials:
> 6 Sanwa buttons
> One Sanwa stick
> PBC Pre-built Kit https://www.focusattack.com/ist-pre-installed-brook-ps3-ps4-pc-fight-board-pcb-kit/

Does anyone has a blueprint for the box size ? I have trouble with the size specially for how thick must the top panel be for buttons to fit in. Also what about the material ? Should I go for wood ? Should I go for a metallic material ? If anyone have any experience doing this I would appreciate some indication about sizes(box) and spacing(buttons)
>>
>>1205840
Some friendly suggestions for posting:
- First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so.
- List available resources (tools, materials, budget, time, etc.)
>>
Hey anon, from my experience I would rather go with wood as it's easier to maintain and work with than Plexi as plastic is a pain to work it and delicate

There's no specific size for a stick so you can make one as big or small as your choosing. Your stick can be the size of a Nike shoebox or as big as a wooden jewelry box,it all depends with you. If you're not sure you can always refer to the size of a round 1 or round 2 madcatz fight stick as a temple

Check this vid out too, this guy uses a jewelry box as a base for his arcade stick

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kX4wnwfd7aE
>>
Come to shill your arcade cabinets again?
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 1648x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 1648x1200px
>>1205840
>>1205970
You can also use a silverware box and go from there too like pic related. That vid I link should be used as a reference to give you an idea, you can also go from there and watch all related videos

>>1205976
Arcade cabinets is something different to what he wants to do which is building a controller to play on a console

I remember these threads being popular on here a year ago probably because of street fighter v releasing
>>
>>1205976
STFU & GTFO.

Arcade Cabinet Anon came through with some plans.

Excuse the fuck out of us whom are interested.
>>
File: fightstick.jpg (1MB, 1200x2738px) Image search: [Google]
fightstick.jpg
1MB, 1200x2738px
This is the place to go to learn how to make an arcade controller: http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html

I don't have any plans but I made one that is pretty simple, you could probably draw it out yourself without much trouble. The sides are wood (pine, shittily stained and coated with polyurethane) and inside & panel is MDF. Then there's plexi on the top. The wood is all held together with wood glue (titebond ii), no screws. The MDF panel is recessed by the thickness of the plexi so that the top is flush. The screw-in buttons are the only thing holding the plexi down, because I didn't want to have any screws on the top of the panel. Then the back is just a piece of thin hobby plywood, held on with screws that go into screw inserts embedded in the MDF. Those little rubber feet around the bottom screws are the stoppers from sliding shower doors, the only thing I could find like that.

If you're in imperial-land, to drill holes for the Sanwa screw-in buttons you need a 1 3/16ths size hole saw for 30mm buttons and a 15/16ths size hole saw for 24mm buttons. Those sizes are pretty hard to find in stores so expect to get those online. I also needed a router to route out the bottom of the panel so that it was shallow enough for the Sanwa screw-in buttons, and to route out the top of the panel to be able to top-mount the JLF stick at the right height.

The USB plug is this: https://www.focusattack.com/neutrik-nausb-w-a-b-usb-feed-through-silver/

If you've got snap-in buttons then you'd need a different kind of panel, I think those are made to snap in to something thin and strong like metal. Also don't forget the buttons for start/select/PS.
>>
>>1206158
That's a nice looking stick anon

How much time and money did you put in to creating it? I thought buying plexi was a pain since cutting it can be troublesome?
>>
>>1206172
The electronics were $120 and everything else plus weird hole saws was like $80-100. So it didn't really save any money vs buying a new stick. Took me like 15 active hours maybe, plus waiting for glue to set/poly to dry, etc? I'm not very experienced at working with wood.

To cut the plexi I just used a ruler, like 50 hard strokes of a fresh utility knife, and a prayer. Luckily it snapped off pretty cleanly (but not perfectly, there's a little gap in the lower right). As for the holes, the hole saw worked without any problems. Just had to drill a pilot hole very carefully, stepping up from a tiny bit. Drilled through the MDF and the plexi at the same time.
>>
>>1206201
Thanks for letting me know

I'd definitely would've gone with making my own stick than to buy one of those madcatz te2 ones or the plus that are faulty

I went with an alternative route and restored an old stick I had to work for ps4, custom painted and slapped a custom artwork

I'm sure the plexi part was a nightmare glad it worked out for you
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.