[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooling system problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20110501_182212.jpg (87KB, 1023x764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20110501_182212.jpg
87KB, 1023x764px
Having an issue with my radiator fan on my 05 kawasaki brute force 750 kicking on about 35 degrees later than it should consistently... Wondering if anyone has had this problem with a radiator before and what part I should check into. I found this problem by installing a water temperature gauge as it didn't come with a temperature gauge stock. Would like to do the work myself if possible but need help diagnosing the problem I am a noob at working on atv's
>>
>>1205810
>what part I should check into
how about the temperature sensor?
>>
Do they tend to be off several degrees when they go bad? Like 35 for example and still trip consistently just not at the right temp? If so then I will definitely start there. Thanks for replying to my thread btw
>>
There is a sensor on the radiator. Check that. By the way, at what temp does it open?
>>
>>1205821
It opens at 235 according to the mechanical gauge I put in and shuts off at about 210 the over heat light never comes on either I'm not sure what temp trips that but it's probably close to 240
>>
>>1205821
Is it even possible for the sensor to come that far out of spec? I didn't know if they can require maintenance to stay in calibration or if when they crap out they just stop working altogether and some other sensor could be telling my fan to kick on that late like a secondary switch?
>>
Thing is, you usually have two sensors. One is the sensor on the engine that gives you a reading on the dashboard. One is located on the radiator and it acts like a thermo switch and starts your radiator fan. That can be broken due to heat and being old and can open later than it should. I would check owner manual or some repair manual for your atv since i know from the bikes i own that the sensor usually opens at around 230 ish degrees for some models. So, check manual to see the value when the sensor should open or just replace it with a sensor that opens at a lower temp value so you have peace of mind.
>>
>>1205826
Sounds easy enough. Thanks for the help anon!
>>
>>1205828
If u want to check ur sensor, take it off, suspend it in some oil and heat the oil. Taake a multimeter set on ohms and check reading between pins. When it opens you shoukd read 0 ohms or 0.04-0.09 depending on multimeter. Then check oil temp. If value is bigger than what you find in the manual, then replace sensor. Hope it helps.
>>
>>1205831
Or just buy a new sensor and see if it fixes the problem. Much easier.
>>
>>1205831
Thanks!
>>
File: 1475966459883.gif (497KB, 370x263px) Image search: [Google]
1475966459883.gif
497KB, 370x263px
>>1205838
Yeah man for sure. Best way to fix any piece of machinery is always to just blast the ol parts cannon at it until the problem goes away or your wallet is empty. Doing actual diagnostics and tests is for fags!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.