[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one go about making this? Plastidip and a template?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170707-122635.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170707-122635.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
How would one go about making this? Plastidip and a template? Does this guy have the right to demand such a high price?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170707-122705.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170707-122705.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>1205390
Here are some other products
>>
>>1205390
Probably a decal on a spray painted gameboy. You need a $1000 printer that needs special maintenance and ink to make custom decals so I'd say he can charge whatever he wants unless you want to invest in one yourself.
>>
File: 2014-12-31 22.24.45.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-31 22.24.45.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>1205390
>>1205391
Mine was simpler than yours - no decal, just a color change. The yellow one was once blue but I had it painted so it would match the color scheme. Gave the blue to my brother and yellow to my sister for Christmas one year, and I played red. Good times!

Anyway, I unscrewed all the screws and organized them on a sheet of paper so I would know where they went once I was ready to re-assemble. The casing comes apart somewhat easily, but you may have some trouble with the wire(s) in the hinge. Then take the casing and spray paint it your desired color - you'll probably need to apply multiple coats to completely cover the old color. As for the decal, I'd just get a high-quality metal or foil sticker and epoxy it to the casing - cheap and effective.
>>
>>1205393
I'm going to spend $1000 on a printer, but where would you get one from?
>>
>>1205394
Yellow one looks clean af brah
>>
>>1205399
Alps MD-5500. There are other lower/older models but they might not work with a modern pc. And there are mostly refurbished machines nowadays. And no idea if the ink supply will last. At this point it's a bit of a risky investment probably.
>>
>>1205400
Thanks anon. Color change isn't hard, but the decal OP wants is either going to be a sticker or expensive.

Also
>>1205390
>>1205399
>won't spend $80 on the desired product
>willing to spend $1000 to make desired product
The fuck is wrong with people?
>>
Probably just printed a waterslide or ordered custom ones and painted it with an airbrush and lacquer/enamel paints.
>>
You can get custom vinyl decals for whatever the minimum charge is at your local sign print shop.

If you want a waterslide, samueldecal will print some for you at whatever he charges. Look him up on Facebook.

You will need to do your own art.

If you have the skills and desire, you can go one step further and design masking vinyl and spray paint the design. It will look better if done right and last longer.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.