[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ikea hacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

How about an Ikea hacks thread? Show me your best h4x
>>
>>1204724
My best hack was buying an old table saw and drill press, restoring them, and making my own damn furniture out of actual wood.
>>
>>1204746

Heh

OP I'm not sure what this is about? If you can take Ikea furniture and cut it up and reassemble it, isn't it just one more step to make it yourself? Or is the hack just combining Ikea items in unusual ways? Not trying to be a dick.
>>
File: a (90).jpg (47KB, 359x478px) Image search: [Google]
a (90).jpg
47KB, 359x478px
>>1204749

Not op, but Ikea hacks is usually something like combining 6 end tables and two coffee tables and some plywood to make a bed. So you end up spending three times as much for some shit tier product, but all the stay at home moms love to re pin it on pinterest to feel better about them self.
>>
>>1204754
>mom logic
>one is cheap
>ten must be cheap too.
>Buy twenty
>tape them together and barrow husbandos tools while he's at work
>ruin any chance of returning them
>post the result on pintrest
>>
>Protip:
Get into woodworking
>>
File: xmas.jpg (89KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
xmas.jpg
89KB, 960x960px
>>1204809

You , I like you.
>>
>>1204754
Here is cheap bed, that a retard like myself can construct.
http://youtu.be/JY1mxnXCeF8
>>
>>1204906
>Matthias Wandel
>tfw you buy a small bandsaw to build a larger bandsaw to build an even larger bandsaw.
>>
>>1204724
this seems like a terrible idea. best ikea hack: spend the money you would have on ikea furniture on raw materials
>>
>>1204955
I dont get why he doesnt have a mitresaw. Shits useful as fuck.
>>
>>1204724
Looks like a great place to stumble from while trying to reach the bathroom while drunk/hungover at 4am. On the up side, it looks like a great place for fucking women of varying height.
>>
>>1204969
Yeah, I always thought that was weird too, love watching his videos though, too bad I have a cheap as fuck tablesaw and is hardly usable.
>>
>>1205376
I dint even have that, I have a mitre station, a drill press and a fuck ton of hand tools.
>>
File: honeycomb.jpg (178KB, 796x1200px) Image search: [Google]
honeycomb.jpg
178KB, 796x1200px
>$400 worth of literally hollow paper furniture
Nigga, this ain't "Out of the Box," use proper wood
>>
>>1205392
I mostly want one to rip boards, cause I always have to clamp a board to my table en then clamp an aluminium bar to it to guide the circular saw.

Also, I'd like to make some box joints maybe later or other kind of joinery and with the right jig on a table saw it's much easier/precise then by hand ....
>>
>>1205404
Even corrugated fiber board moving boxes are dense than that
>>
>>1205404
>Normies buy throw away shit.
WWWOOOOAAAAHHH!!!!
>>
>>1205404
This is why the instructions tell you not to stand on the panels during construction, by the way.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (955KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
955KB, 3840x2160px
This is nothing I consider my "best" work or remotely "good", just a necessity to increase room space.

Basically got two of those 120x60cm cheap tabletops with the honeycomb stuff inside, and bolted them real ghettostyle together with some wood.

This way I can sit inside the inner corner of the two tables, laptop on top, and chairswivel to each perpendicular edge.
>>
>>1205442

you're a degenerate.
>>
>>1205442
>bolted together what is basically paper mache

Could probably just glued it desu senpai
>>
>>1205443
Proudly.

>>1205447
Nah, I need to put some weight on this. Besides, the black laminate on the sides is too sheer for a good glueing.
>>
>>1204969
He seems to like doing all his crosscuts on the table saw with sleds. Also Matthias is a penny pincher so apparently reluctant to purchase a power tool for added convenience.
>>
>>1204969

I think he said he doesn't see the point since he has a crosscut sled although I don't know if/how he does angled cuts. They're kind of bulky and only really good if you need to do quick repeated cuts of OK accuracy, like on a construction site or some shit.
>>
>>1205489

OK accuracy? how do you think crown molding is cut? you can cut just as perfect on a miter saw as a table saw
>>
>>1205495
>how do you think crown molding is cut

It's kindof a bizarre process that uses a coping saw and is done by hand. One piece is simply chopped at 90 degrees and butts against the wall. The other fits to the first.

I'm sure there's a youtube video showing the process. But in general it's not two 45 degree chop or miter cuts, if you want a professional job.
>>
>>1205495
>you can cut just as perfect on a miter saw as a table saw

That REALLY depends on the quality of the table saw. You can work around a shitty miter saw and get it to cut correctly, but a shitty table saw is good for nothing but cutting stud framing. And, by "shitty" I mean anything less than $1k USD in cost.
>>
>>1205512

da fuck? there are plenty of table saws <<1k with cast iron tops good enough for woodworking.
who the fuck has room for a cabinet saw anyway
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.