[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got white van speaker scammed because I'm a young idiot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0538.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So I got white van speaker scammed because I'm a young idiot.

Now I need to know about a project I can do with designed to be convincing but shitty 5.1 surround sound system. I am not going to sell them to someone else. They work but are super shit. Any ideas?

I have access to a soldering iron, but not micro soldering. I've never worked with wood but would be interested in getting into it.
>>
>>1204506
> gets ripped off
> chooses to take it out on others by ripping someone else off

You are the cancer of humanity. Suck it up, accept you're an idiot, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>1204506
>kamron audio

>harman/kardon
>same font
>mix up the letters
topkeks
>>
>>1204511
>I'm not going to sell it
>reads I'm going to sell it
>but I totally understand how it could be missed in the format

Just to be clear I'm not going to sell them back, hombre. I just want to make like a shitty speaker stack for making cool noises with.

>>1204512
Yeah they got me good. It all happened so fast too. I paid 100 bucks for a powerful life lesson
>>
>>1204514
Holy shit, my bad. Thanks for not being as much of a cunt about it as I was :/
>>
>>1204516
Totally understandable man, I've done the same.

Have you ever seen any cool speaker mods? I really don't know what to do with these. There are literally rocks glued inside the speaker frames to give them weight.

I haven't unboxed mine yet but I watched a YouTube unboxing and disassembly and man oh man do I feel shame.
>>
>>1204518
>There are literally rocks glued inside the speaker frames to give them weight.
Jesus.

Depends what the biggest problem is as to how you fix them. My experience with white van speakers (found curbside, in thrift shops etc) has primarily been drivers matched to wrong sized cabinets/no baffling, or a few inline filter caps instead of full crossovers. Drivers are kind of hard to fuck up, so they may be ok if all else is equal. If they don't have crossovers, now might be the time to learn about them. As to full blown mods to make them something else, I'm too tired to brain properly (which is why I missed the "not" I guess) and all I keep thinking is "drill holes, mount LEDs, make entire front face one giant VU meter". Give us some guts shots to work with.
>>
>>1204541
>>There are literally rocks glued inside the speaker frames to give them weight.
>Jesus.

hey at least they're glued
>>
>>1204541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcPPwXLgngs

This is not my video but the speakers I have. I don't know much about audio so a lot of this went over my head. Honestly this is the video that gave me some optimism that SOMETHING could be done with them rather than just throw them away.
>>
Don't feel too bad. You could have paid a hundred bucks for shit speakers in a shop. Hundred bucks ain't much to lose
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.