[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fun things to do with FLIR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: flir2.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flir2.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
I've just ordered this device as a bed bug extermination instrument. (My budget is unlimited for destroying these pricks)

What's something else I can use this for? I haven't got the device yet; I've literally just ordered it.
>>
>>1204348
>What's something else I can use this for?
For the record, idc if it's for fun or for working on cars or ICs or whatever. I just want cool and/useful things to look at to justify my cool new expensive toy lol
>>
A flir what? You realize they have thousands of products and nobody is going to look up what your model number corresponds to. I assume you got a thermal camera and to that I ask why?

You realize bed bugs don't really produce enough heat to be recognizable outside of circumstances you would already easily be able to see them right?

A room with any light source will have enough of a differential heat signature that no bed bugs will stand out
>>
>>1204352
>A flir what?
........Um, screen shot?

> You realize they have thousands of products
I doubt that. Check the screen shot for the *one* product I ordered.

>nobody is going to look up what your model number corresponds to.
I'm not expecting anyone to do such thing. I just want some cool ideas for things to do with a thermal camera. ...........you know, cause not everyone has a chance to use one and this is a pretty cool opportunity.

>I assume you got a thermal camera
Bingo sherlock; had you read my message, you'd know why. (hint: for bed bug extermination) Just for further clarification, this thermal camera (Just for clarification: it's a thermal camera), is to expose any cool spots that the bed bugs will hide. (Bed bugs hide in cool spots) ....just fyi, bed bugs hide in spots that are less than 120 F and this thermal camera will expose those spots. ......it's a thermal camera, just fyi

>You realize bed bugs don't really produce enough heat to be recognizable outside of circumstances you would already easily be able to see them right?
sherlock, I been at war with these things for a very long time. The reason I bought a thermal camera (just for clarification it's a thermal camera) is because I need an instrument to verify I left no cold spots behind (it's a thermal camera)

>A room with any light source will have enough of a differential heat signature that no bed bugs will stand out
lol gtfo
>>
>>1204354
Not him but you type like a redditor.
>>
>>1204357
in my defense, I'm kinda drunk lol
>>
>>1204354
Are you a fucking retard?

You are wasting your companies money and should be fired
>>
>>1204359
Doesn't mean you need to act like a giant cunt. You should have just said in the OP that you got a thermal camera rather than expecting us to go search through a website to see what the fucking product code relates to THEN give you advice on it.
>>
>>1204354
You're a goddamn tard, and you deserve your bedbug plague.
>>
>>1204354
>reddit tier shitpost
>>1204359
>drunk
nah man, your retarded
>>
>>1204354
Post pics of your findings OP.

I get to play with a few cams like that but I'm curious if you could catch a bedbug with em.

Hope you get em.
>>
>>1204766
What I'd suggest OP is to use the camera for perfect pancakes. And burgers. It's how we programmed a couple staubli robots to cook burger patties in univeristy project.

I used it a few times for electrical hotspots on lighting panels, large electrical equipment, along with checking if radiators in various hvac systems where clogged at work. Never get to take it home though.
>>
>>1204354
>make thread asking for ideas
>get all uppity and dickish when someone asks a reasonable question

You're a massive faggot. Kys.
>>
>>1204354
m8 youre dumb as fuck

you dont need a thermal camera to detect bedbugs. in fact, how noisy the images are is probably going to make you unable to spot them or their droppings, and it's pretty easy to intuit where bedbugs may be hiding so you can hose them down in poison (basically, anywhere cracked up where you could fit a business card down)

>lol gtfo
seriously have you ever used a TIC or other thermal imaging device? rooms just become masses of white. do you even know how yours is gonna work? if it's just normal "heres how hot everything is" imagery, it'll be impossible to use to locate bugs. if it's the kind that shows relative heat, you'll see nothing because bedbugs are not that hot and most buildings are the same temperature throughout unless something is wrong (like mold or w/e, actually mold is more detectable on thermal than bugs, especially bugs that are gonna nest inside your wall or in cracks under your bed or w/e like bedbugs do)

>less than 120f
that will be most of your house and probably most of outdoors unless you live deepst afrika or something
>>
>>1204768
>I used it a few times for electrical hotspots on lighting panels, large electrical equipment, along with checking if radiators in various hvac systems where clogged at work.
I got to train with one for naval firefighting and we used it basically like this. One time there was a "real" fire alarm in an electrical box and I actually had to stand around and wave the TIC at stuff to make sure it wasn't about to catch fire.
>>
>>1204354
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>1204348
>bed bug extermination instrument.
i'm sorry to break it to you op but a thermal camera will not exterminate bed bugs. its a passive device, it only collects photons that are already waving around in the air.
you should have bought a big laser or something instead.

please understand if you had just said you had bought the camera for absolutely no reason you would have had a slightly less hostile response.
>>
>>1206302
No man bedbugs only show up on thermal. He's going to use the thermal imager to FIND the bedbugs!

And then squash them one-by-one, I guess?
>>
>>1206307
Just makes it easier to see if their still around.
>>
>>1204348

drive around at night and point it at houses. If you see one room much hotter than the rest then it's probably a grow room and you can rob them.
>>
>>1204348
>What's something else I can use this for?
Watching people fart in public and people having tent sex at festivals.
>>
>>1204354
>>I assume you got a thermal camera
>Bingo sherlock;

Are you competing for asshole of the day award?
>>
Have bed bugs, buys a thermal camera... Now you only need to buy a motorboat and a guitar so you can take a shit and you are all set.
>>
>>1204354
op is a fag as usual. set yourself on fire and livestream it with your thermal canera. should be neato
>>
>>1207439

kek. My sides are in orbit.

OP...you are a douche nozzle. Use equipment to find warmest spot to insert.
>>
>>1204348
Find natural gas leaks. Methane absorbs IR. CO2 and heavy hydrocarbons do this too. You might be able to make an IR telescope or IR spectrometer provided you can get some IR optics. IR spectrometer lets you figure out what air is made of.

You can also make one heck of a people following robot. Use this to guide a model rocket for extra illegal fun!

You could build a sentry turret that locks on to hot point sources and sprays water at them. IE puts out people's cigarettes
>>
I am so stupid I can't kill bed bugs. Buy a Flir in stead of poison. Never change op.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.