[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything I can do to save this tree? Seems like one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170704_195623.jpg (673KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170704_195623.jpg
673KB, 720x1280px
Is there anything I can do to save this tree?

Seems like one half is dead, there are many holes in the tree I can see that older, previous branch cuts never healed properly
>>
File: IMG_20170704_194214.jpg (699KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170704_194214.jpg
699KB, 720x1280px
>>
File: IMG_20170704_194239.jpg (698KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170704_194239.jpg
698KB, 720x1280px
>>
>>1204315
Much of that tree is indeed dead. Once the bark starts coming off that means everything is dead under it. You have to cut off all the dead branches because they are more likely to break and drop on someone. They also look like shit. It will be a lot of work and may not be worth it. A huge portion of the trunk is dead also. I doubt the tree will ever recover.
>>
>>1204324
So what's the best way to proceed? It's a lot of work like you said, should I just work my way slowly through the branches until I can take the tree down?
>>
>>1204334
Yup
/thread
>>
>>1204334
Do you have a chainsaw? If so, watch some videos on Youtube about removing trees like that. You basically cut off all the smaller branches, then the larger ones, until all you basically have is a trunk. You then fell it.

It is possible that cutting the tree down doesn't kill it. Picture related. I have seen people leave the stump and then work with the new shoots if there is any. If you trim away most of the new shoots you can channel the growth into one or more new trunks. Eventaully, the stump will stop putting out new shoots and you will basically have a new tree. That is if the felling of the main trunk doesn't kill it and you can stand the look of the decomposing stump.
>>
>>1204355
What if I just wanna grow a new tree altogether?

This tree is really old, and it's roots very deep and I've seen strands like 15 feet away

Is there anyway to pull the roots out? What does one do in this situation?
>>
>>1204363
you don't need to remove the roots. just cut the tree down then you have 2 options for the stump. 1) hire someone to remove it and 2) remove it yourself. hiring someone could be fairly expensive but basically zero work for you. removing it yourself will require digging around the stump and cutting off as many roots as you can then trying to pull the stump out with a truck or preferably a tractor

once the stump is out you'll have a good sized hole to fill in. if you don't happen to have piles of dirt around the best course is likely to just use bags of soil but it'll take quite a bit. once that's done you can plant whatever you want. the new tree will just work around the old roots which will eventually rot away

do you own a chainsaw or at least have any experience with them? if the answer is no then just hire someone to do everything. you COULD buy a chainsaw and try to do it yourself but i won't suggest it due to the dangers involved and don't need to be responsible for some moron dropping a tree on himself. if you do try it yourself make sure you leave enough of the stump so you can pull it out. somewhere just under the lowest branch in your pic should be enough
>>
File: Ginkgoroots2[1].jpg (33KB, 400x288px) Image search: [Google]
Ginkgoroots2[1].jpg
33KB, 400x288px
>>1204363
Two options: Dig it out or grind it out.

Digging it out yourself will fucking kill you. Chances are you won't be able to hire anyone to do it. There is about as much tree blow ground as above it. You will never get the entire root system out. Your goal will be to remove enough of the roots to kill what might remain and free up enough space in the soil for another tree to easily take root.

Grinding it out requires a machine. You will have to hire someone. Depending on where you are it could be moderately expensive or very expensive. It is fast and can be done in an afternoon. You scoop out the wood chips, add new dirt and plant your new tree.

Some people try burning the root ball out or chemicals. The former never works and the latter can make it difficult to plant something new.
>>
>>1204363
>Is there anyway to pull the roots out? What does one do in this situation?
Oh God I'm having flashbacks to that summer when I was 14 when Dad had me and my brother digging out stumps from the hedge. IT WASN"T WORTH DOING FOR TWO DOLLARS AND HOUR IT WASN"T WORTH DOING. It wasn't worth it.
>>
Not OP but I'm heard that you can drill/chisel a hole into the stump, fill with dirt, then plant flowers and stuff to help the rest of it decompose. Would it be possible to plant a new tree inside the stump of the old one or would it just get root bound by the old wood?
>>
Start by cutting dead branches, the ones without any leaf on. And ugly branches that you dislike because they're naked of any bark, the filthy Babylonian degenerate whores.

Then, look at the tree, and see if you call it a pruning and let it continue to grow from there, or if you still want to fell it down.
I think it can recover, tress are bad-ass like that.
(You needed to cut large branches first to fell it down anyway.)

If you fell it, follow other's advices.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.