[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at Sherwin Williams, AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: sw-logo-stacked.png (77KB, 325x464px) Image search: [Google]
sw-logo-stacked.png
77KB, 325x464px
Nothing going on at work. Been here a few months, ask all your SW and paint questions here.
>>
>>1204109
What is a good way to remove paint from wooden cabinets? I bought a place with 70 year old wooden kitchen cabinets and some shitlord painted them yellow at some point. Looks fucking awful. There are at least 2 coats of paint on them. More in some places. I want to get them back down to bare wood and refinish them.
>>
>>1204109
What the fuck is up with your new concrete densifier, is it lithium or what? How do I put your macropoxy without leaving roller marks? I hate using your products but have to when we have to color match company colors.
>>
>>1204112
You've got two common options, sand or use a chemical stripper.

I'd get a chemical stripper. Get some gloves, brush and a scraper. Dip the brush in the stripper and paint a section at a time, wait a few minutes and scrape that shit off. After you get it all off use a coarser grit sandpaper to remove excess and consider using something like denatured alcohol to clean the wood up prior to repainting.
>>
>>1204119
You're hitting above my pay grade, but I'll try to help.

It's silica based as far as I'm aware but for the macropoxy. It's recommended to use solvent resistant core roller covers with 3/8 - 1/2" nap. My best guess would be you're using a thick roller cover
>>
>>1204124
>You're hitting above my pay grade

Come on guys, OP has been working only a few months and is probably in his 20s still.
How much could he possibly know beyond pricing and very basic advice?
>>
>>1204129
SW carries a ton of products most of which aren't in stores. I know our architectural line, but we get basic 'training' in industrial and marine products.
>>
Have you ever tasted the conversion varnish? Stuck it up your ass?
>>
>>1204109
I'm this guy, >>1204119

Is there a way to get your products for cheaper?

Like buying bad color mixes or something? How would I find that.
>>
>>1204144
Also as far as epoxy goes, what are your decorative options?
>>
>>1204144
Only during training. Don't recommend it.

>>1204144
Yup. You can get mistints for $5 a gallon. Just walk into the store and ask to look at their mistints. Technically, you could get a paint mixed at SW and then refuse to buy it and come back and get it as a mistint since that's what happens. You can also pretend like you're backing out at the last minute and in order to prevent it as being labelled a mistint and selling it for $5, managers are able to cut a deal. Think Emerald paint for $20 a gallon.
>>
>>1204146
The only one I sell and have knowledge of is Pro Industrial Precat Water based Epoxy. We can tint it into just about anything as it has white, deep and ultradeep bases.
>>
>>1204109
Are you hourly, do you get a commission?
>>
>>1204161
Hourly.

Only management gets bonuses for pushing paint.
>>
>>1204109
Why do you guys want to cover the earth in blood?
are you actually satanic cult?
or vampires perhaps?
are you in collusion with the Illuminati ?
>>
>>1204181
Russia.
>>
I've got a can of oil based enamel. I'm gonna be putting it on bare, clean steel. How should I prep the surface? Should I thin the paint? If so, with what? How many coats?
>>
>>1204273
>How should I prep the surface?
That is to say, should I use primer or not.
>>
>>1204276
Use an etching primer, I get them in rattle cans...thin the enamel if spraying, don't have to if brushing...
>>
We have a maintenance contract at one of your warehouses, assholes take safety super serious but I tell them about shit falling off the wall and broken welds on equipment and they don't care.
I buy the cheapest paint at Home Depot btw.
>>
>>1204280
In my experience, regardless of company, management is all about safety unless it costs extra or requires any real effort.
>>
>>1204148
at home depot any mistint is changed to a different color before putting it on clearance rack
>>
>>1204109
What happens when you paint an elephants butt
>>
>>1204333
First thing you do is throw that particular brush away
>>
>>1204109
what kind of paint would be best to dip my scrotum in to give my partner a little surprise
>>
>>1204332
D E V I L I S H
T
A
C
T
I
C
S
>>
What do you guys think of Dunn-Edwards Paints? We recently got bought out by a Japanese company. I hope we don't get sold off.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.