[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to scrap a microwave oven?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1498782388121.gif (139KB, 1169x993px) Image search: [Google]
1498782388121.gif
139KB, 1169x993px
Is it safe to scrap a microwave oven?
>>
>>1204020
It looks like you got your source image from /pol/ so yeah sure go ahead.
>>
>>1204020
Only if you follow safety procedures for handling Beryllium Oxide on the magnetron as well as discharging the capacitor. I recommend wearing gloves because of sharp metal edges everywhere.
>>
Don't smash that pink ceramic thing. You'll know when you see it.
>>
>>1204020
What the hell kind of question is this? Take it apart and look at it. Decide for yourself.
>>
>>1204055
its been a while since they've used beryllium oxide in the magnetron antennas

they've been using integrated discharge resistors in the high voltage capacitors for a long time. there's a little schematic of a resistor in parallel with the capacitor on a sticker on the cap.
>>
>>1204062
Never assume that old oven or crt has a discharge resistor or that it is working. Old stuff is normally broken for a reason or has beryllium oxide.
>>
>>1204062
>its been a while

I'd venture a guess that OP is scrapping an old microwave. Of course on this board, you can never be sure.
>>
>>1204020
Just drain the cap with a screwdriver.

I turned my old one into a jacobs ladder.
>>
I'm not thinking about fucking with the magnetron, I'm just taking the big copper parts like the transformer and the likes. I'm more worried about getting fucked by the high voltage capacitor. Is it safe to cut the wire out of the gate?

>>1204293
It's probably from early to mid 00s.

>>1204023
I saw it on /k/ am I'm phone posting, I haven't even read it all lel.

/diy/ I don't wanna get hurt, pls help a fellow retard that's only trying to make a couple bills out of trash.
>>
>>1204311
>Is it safe to cut the wire out of the gate?
Yes, make sure to use no gloves and clippers with no insulation.
>>
>>1204326
:/
Why the need for being such massive faggot?
>>
>>1204311
>a fellow retard that's only trying to make a couple bills out of trash.

You'll get fuckall for used microwave parts. They are everywhere. The most valuable thing in them in the glass tray.
>>
>>1204520
>I'm just taking the big copper parts like the transformer and the likes

This. The transformer weight is mostly steel laminate, not copper. OP will learn....
>>
File: 1487636893434.png (62KB, 794x578px) Image search: [Google]
1487636893434.png
62KB, 794x578px
>>1204520
>>1204521
It's done already, took me like 30min to strip it off and no harm done, it's not much copper but all shit together the local scrap yard will pay me like 3/4€. Nothing special but all adds up.
>>
>>1204584
Just stick to robbing houses.
>>
>>1204584
>it's not much copper but all shit together the local scrap yard will pay me like 3/4€.

Nigga I'd give you $5 for the transformer alone. I'd gladly give anybody a tenner (I'd actually pay a bit more, but I wouldn't tell them that) for the transformer, plate motor, fan, and capacitor.

Craigslist/kjiji/whateverthefuckyougot.org that shit and you'll make better cash. Although you will have to sit on it a while, I guess.
>>
>>1204023
And that was taken from PRISM, a real government program.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.