[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raspberry Pi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: Raspberry Pi 3.jpg (126KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry Pi 3.jpg
126KB, 1024x1024px
How do I attach a battery to a Raspberry Pi 3?
>>
>>1204000
Nobody help him. If he's too stupid to figure out two wires he doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>1204000
Yeah, but i want to recharge that shit, not just solder it in there
>>
>>1204000
I was feeling nostalgic so have a link:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+attach+a+battery+to+a+raspberry+3
>>
>>1204000
Yeah, but searching on google leads to some messy results, it's better to ask right at the people that work with this kind of stuff
>>
>>1204015
>it's better to ask right at the people that work with this kind of stuff

if by 'work' you mean shoved up asses then you're in the right place
>>
>>1204000
I don't think regular batteries would last long, you might use those portable chargers / power banks
>>
File: DSC_0275.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0275.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>1204002
I know I shouldn't , but fuck it

>>1204000
>>1204007
>>1204015
Buy a portable battery (power bank) for a smartphone and make sure it has 5V/2A
Connect it to Raspberry Pi either with a mini USB port or two GPIOs reserved for power input

If you don't know how to do this, than I don't know what the fuck are you doing with your raspberry Pi or why would you need a battery at all. It is literally harder to start the RaspPi3 up than to make it rechargeable and seeing this I honestly don't know how you manged to start it up
If you even have
>>
>>1204079
not OP but why do they sell "normal" batteries then?
2500 mah battery on adafruit is 15 dollars
20000 mah powerbank is 25 dollars
it's such a difference that i thought powerbanks are not compatible at all too

sorry if my post is retarded anon
>>
>>1204074
what is this doing?
>>
>>1204202
I'm not good at this, but I'm guessing it's using the transistor as an on/off switch for the battery. It wouldn't work while the Pi is turned off, so it's only good for cutting power to the Pi. Maybe so when it shuts down it doesn't keep draining the battery, or when battery power is low it shuts itself down. Tho I didn't see any pins connected to the Pi for monitoring the battery level.
>>
>>1204180
as long as it has 5V and at least 1A of DC current (and I've managed to run mine on lower amperage) you should not care what it is, hell you could even use a potato if you could manage to get it to 5V/1A

Power Banks are fine because they were build for phones that require the same amperage/voltage if you're going to use anything else check it with a multimeter or read the label
>>
>>1204180
Adafruit is overpriced garbage, I've bought 4 high-current 2500mah 18650 cells for 11$ from gearbest.
>>
File: powerbank_you_idiot.jpg (55KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
powerbank_you_idiot.jpg
55KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: iMuto-10000mAh.jpg (52KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
iMuto-10000mAh.jpg
52KB, 550x550px
Imuto power pack meets the requirements. It powers my RPI 3 on the plug with 2 lightening bolts. The plug with the single bolt will power the pie but will not support heavy processor load. It will last about 4 hours of video playback.
>>
I like something with dual outputs. I use both ports for my power hungry Pi3 with LCD attached.
>2.1a + 2.4a = 4.5a total max output

I plug 1 into normal micro USB power on the Pi, and the 2nd goes in a normal USB port and back-flows power. Just gotta remember powering on requires power in the microUSB on the Pi, but cutting power to the Pi requires removing both plugs.
>>
File: 5v2aPSU odroid.jpg (25KB, 410x350px) Image search: [Google]
5v2aPSU odroid.jpg
25KB, 410x350px
I got an Odroid (RaspPi clone that runs android) I want to power via battery. They sell one on Hard Kernel website as a hat but I don't want to buy a hat. My stack is too tall and they're overpriced.

Power is supplied through a 2mm jack. 5v2a Couldn't I just splice a USB cable on it and use a usb battery like in pics above? It seems like common sense but thought I should check first.

Also, this last question may beyond the scope of ITT but I'd like to have an external switch that flips between 2 microSD cards. This way I can have 2 OSs and switch without opening up my case. If I found a microSD switch I could replace the one that's currently on there, but I haven't found any. Anyone seen one or think it's possible to make?
>>
>>1204959
No reason why it wouldn't work, just make sure that your usb supply and usb cable can actually deliver enough current.
>>
>>1204959
>Anyone seen one or think it's possible to make?

possible but not easy. if you want easy then look for software that lets install multiple OSes on one SD card. for the Raspi, there's NOOBS and Berryboot. look for an equivalent for your inferior Odroid.
>>
File: cointelpro.gif (139KB, 1169x993px) Image search: [Google]
cointelpro.gif
139KB, 1169x993px
>>1204002
This.

He didn't even google it.
>>
>>1204202
looks like controlling the battery pack with some software. Probably that board attached to the battery takes SPI or whatever two wire communication and does whatever with it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.