[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pizza oven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: amancandream.jpg (58KB, 564x542px) Image search: [Google]
amancandream.jpg
58KB, 564x542px
greetings anons,

i am looking for some help about a project i am planning on undertaking.

i want to build a brick pizza oven in my garden before the summer is over.

do any of you have any experience with this? if so, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Everythings online, what fucked up my oven and bbq was having normal grout. Theres special heat stuff you can buy.
>>
>>1203924

is it straight forward enough to actually build the structure? i'm an absolute newbie when it comes to construction
>>
>>1203924
>grout
heh you also need firebricks I guess
>>
>>1203926
Yea its simple as all fuck, for a pizza oven just make a wooden frame to clamp the bricks too.
>>
make sure it can get up to 800F I think theres a ratio to oven size to door opening. the picture in OP fucked up that wont work well.
>>
>>1203928
You also want to work out intake diameter vs out port diameter to make sure you have good air flow
>>
http://www.traditionaloven.com/pizza_wood_oven/pizza_oven_3.html

Go here. Using info here to build my own.
>>
>>1204306
Air flow is NOT that important.

The firewood burns to coals, leaving the surrounding brick hot and radiating heat to the inside.
>>
File: DSC05716.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05716.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>1203928
The bottom are fire brick as well as the roof of the oven.

One consideration is the SHAPE.

A hemisphere will need a LOT of cuts to get it to fit. Go easy on yourself and make it a half pipe.

Photo is the base of mine.
>>
>>1204312
That is some really shitty points work my freind. I've seen worse, but only by Mexicans.
>>
File: IMG_3132.jpg (26KB, 437x336px)
IMG_3132.jpg
26KB, 437x336px
>>1204312
MOW YOUR LAWN!!!
>>
Def use firebrick and what is called refractory mortar. You will have to call around to find that shit cause home depot and lowes wont have it.

Look up plans online and follow those if you have no experience. Do the most basic shit you can. If you're a rich fag, there are other options. There are pre made kits you can buy that just have the inside part finished. Then you can put whatever you want - stone, brick, etc. on the outside.
>>
>>1203921

there are several types of ovens you can go for OP

Vault or Dome ovens with the fire either lit in the oven itself or below it, heating a plate above.

There are several materials that can be used.

Cob, bricks or concrete

You should narrow down what you'd suite your needs.

For example the cob oven is easier to build but will require a roof, the foundation of the oven with fire lit under it will have to be sturdier etc.
>>
>>1204413

Thank you for your explanation, i'll post results :)))
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.