[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silhouette Cameo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Cameo.jpg (37KB, 600x201px) Image search: [Google]
Cameo.jpg
37KB, 600x201px
Anyone have any experience with these things? I'm trying to do some electroetching stencils for, uh, something that belongs on another board. Designs work fine but text comes out mangled. Has anyone tried doing 12 to 14 point text on one?
>>
>HEY GUYS IM PRINTING "DONALD TRUMP MAGA FOREVER" ON MY AR-15 RECEIVER IS THIS PRODUCT GOOD FOR IT!??!?!??!?!?

just do bigger text if it doesnt have the necessary precision for 12pt you fuck, stop trying to print the entire tea party tract on your tiny little ejection port cover
>>
>>1203614
Sorry about your tiny hands. I was just asking if anyone had done anything similar and could offer some tips.
>>
File: DSC_0104.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0104.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
thats between 4-5mm, thats p small, i dont know if ive successfully done that small but thats p small for a cameo. it all depends on how well you know your machine, and what stock material you are using, in the cameo software you will need to optimize settings for small text specifically. if the plotter is moving in ways the drag knife cant rotate on, it will fuck it up. i set it with a slight overcut to avoid some of this. a sharp blade is important, and different blades with different cutting angles also help. your stock material is also important, are you even cutting stickers or what because im basing all of this off sticker material. dont use the printer brand shit, last time i bought it, it was shit quality and lifted off the backing a lot while cutting. you also need to optimize your text to do the best cuts possible, if it looks hard to cut it probably is.
i have also had a lot of success electro etching using a cameo, pic related, also to scale
>>
>>1203609
>I'm trying to do some electroetching stencils for, uh, something that belongs on another board.
>>>/mlp/
>>
File: DSC_0091.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0091.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
i can get some very detailed cuts with mine at the moment, so i went and measured and i do have text that equals to 12point, but i also dont print my parts in text format, i convert them to images and then use their program to optimize them as vectors to make it better tool paths
>>
File: DSC_0096.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0096.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
>>
>>1203705
The mouth looks bad.
>>
>>1203701
OP here, I have been trying this with the Silhouette brand vinyl and the stock blade with different settings. I just got a Graphtec GB09 blade holder and 60 degree blades as recommended by some blogs, but I don't know how reliable they are.

What kind of sticker material would you recommend? I haven't found any useful info from Google since it is all fake blogs trying to sell shit.
>>
File: hydra-marvel_00333971sdsds.png (5KB, 637x599px) Image search: [Google]
hydra-marvel_00333971sdsds.png
5KB, 637x599px
>>1203751
from what i remember 60* is what you want for finer settings. the 3M stuff seems good, and i have some avalon or somethig like that, but really what i just do is go to sign shops and ask for off cuts that they usually throw out anyways they are perfect for the plotter with the mat, so i use what ever they use because i know its legit and it doesnt come free from the paper, it is definatly a better quality than the silhouette brand. once you have your material do a shit load of test cuts to find the perfect settings, i like to cut slower and watch it to make sure its not fucking up, and sometimes push down anything that might be coming free

>>1203721
it looks exactly like the file and the edges came out deep and defined
>>
>>1203808
The mouth looks bad on that too.
>>
>>1203609
Related, I just got a Silhouette Portrait.
Anything i need to know before i waste $20 in vinyl?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.