[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got an lg flattron W1943TE monitor but lost the power supply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: R818j.jpg (37KB, 540x218px) Image search: [Google]
R818j.jpg
37KB, 540x218px
got an lg flattron W1943TE monitor but lost the power supply for it a long time ago, was wondering if there was a cheap makeshift solution to this as a new power supply from ebay costs about 16$, was thinking of maybe opening up the monitor and connecting a different power supply with similar voltage directly, or perhaps if i could find just the jack for the monitor and hook it up myself to a new power supply, any help would be appreciated /diy
>the jack connection looks like pic related
>>
>>1203390

1. check Ebay for the actual thing.

2. find out the specs. if they are not on the monitor case, they should be on the power adapter so ask someone with the same to look at theirs; you might need to know the polarity; usually the outer part is ground but not necessarily.

3. if your new adapter has the wrong plug, you can hard wire it or buy parts to put a new jack and or plug on. The DC voltage has to be correct, and the amperage has to be the same or higher.
>>
>>1203394

oops, you already did the ebay thing. sorry about that.
>>
>>1203390
find a jack that fits usually the size is relative to its capacity.
then just splice it to the new ps

you can of course open it desolder the jack and solder the wires directly everything should be fine unless you swap the wires or use the wrong voltage
>>
>>1203395
you are the one helping me man, no need to apologize, thanks for the advice, i think i can look up the schematics somewhere, i thought about making a makeshift jack connector with a few file clips but 12v and 2 amps is not exactly safe to touch, so thats off the table
>>1203397
that is an option but i don't think it will be easy finding an exact match for my type of connector, its a pretty small one with a pin in the middle and i don't really wanna guess which one on ebay will fit my design, i assume the second option you suggested is best but i don't really have a soldering iron or any experience with one, think i can get through with twisting the wires together and hot gluing them together
>>
>>1203397
nevermind.. now that i think of it the female power connector is most likely soldered directly to a board of some kind and not lead through some wires beforehand, i guess i will have to go with solder or to find a jack that fits the same, thanks for the advice mates
>>
>>1203400
Doesn't need to be an exact match as long as fits and makes contact. I've had loads of success scrounging old power adapters for connectors and finding one that "looks" like it will fit, just jamming them in (making sure polarity isn't reversed of course
>>
>>1203390
>read DC polarity from monitor
>read voltage input from monitor
>read amperage input from monitor
>obtain ID and OD of conductors for the port
>plug results into digikey's website (I think power supply/adapters - external category)

done. Don't fuck around with different voltages or polarities. Exceed amperage listed on monitor if you want.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.