[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a ScooterTruck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12

File: BRAAAAAP.png (1MB, 768x1728px) Image search: [Google]
BRAAAAAP.png
1MB, 768x1728px
Alright, so I was watching one of those Russia fail compilations on Youtube (pls no bully) and I saw pic related. I asked /o/ what it was, and it turns out that poor Slavs just build these things out of spare parts and old scooters, so naturally, I now want to try my hand at making one. I'm pretty much completely clueless about constructing this kind of thing, so I figured I'd ask you guys. How would I go about doing this?
>>
File: mystery thing.png (363KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
mystery thing.png
363KB, 768x576px
Here's the original pics if needed.
>>
File: mystery thing 2.png (285KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
mystery thing 2.png
285KB, 768x576px
>>
File: mystery thing 3.png (344KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
mystery thing 3.png
344KB, 768x576px
>>
Also, here's the video of it. Skip to 4:12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4SrldAa2b4
>>
File: Piaggio_Ape[2].jpg (75KB, 690x551px) Image search: [Google]
Piaggio_Ape[2].jpg
75KB, 690x551px
>heres one I made earlier
hipster faggots pay good money for these to advertise sales of artisinal hipster wares - probably shitloads of them rusting away in italian haystacks.
>>
>>1203014
Only issue with those is that here in Canada, that's not a street legal vehicle. The enclosed cab makes it a car, but a car needs 4 wheels. A scooter with a box attached onto the back, though almost totally identical, is legal.
>>
>>1203016
>hacksaw = its a convertible
I cannot beleive that a Piaggio Ape be illegal in the Land of Trudeau, but, if you reckon you got more chance of street-legalizing an unholy alliance between a vespa and half a horsebox/sardine can?, good luck to you.
>>
>>1203019
The research I did leads me to believe that this would either be a scooter or a trike under Canuckistan law. I'm gonna talk to an insurance company before I try to build it, but custom vehicles are legal as long as they meet safety regulations for it's vehicle type, of which there are few for scooters.
>>
>>1203016
That's not true at all.

What makes them not street legal is that they can't sget into collisions without destroying the occupant, and many aren't equipped with horns, lights, or other signalling devices. They also can't maintain high enough speeds to go on the highway, and ALL road laws are the purview of the fed, who care about highways a lot so they mandate that only fast-enough vehicles that can safely ovetake and do a proper 70 on the street are allowed on any public roads.
>>
>>1203021
Generally, the deliniation is that cars are enclosed and bikes are not. open trikes and even the kind that have roll cages count as motorcycles, and stuff like Reliant Robins are cars because they're enclosed.

It has to do with the necessary safety features and signalling devices.
>>
File: wagon.jpg (84KB, 782x471px) Image search: [Google]
wagon.jpg
84KB, 782x471px
>>1203055
>they can't get into collisions without destroying the occupant
Neither can scooters.
>They also can't maintain high enough speeds to go on the highway
Neither can scooters. If I meet all the safety requirements for scooters, my motorized wheelbarrow will be legal.

Is anybody gonna give me advice on how to build it or are we gonna talk legality this whole time? My idea thus far is to use one of those metal wagons for riding-mowers as the box,but I don't know how to actually attach the scooter to the front. Also, are there axles that will take a scooter tire on either end?
>>
>>1203086
Go to scooter forums and also study tuk tuks and auto rickshaws and three wheeled scooters.

You are asking for spoon feeding so that's all I'll supply. You can easily find out the rest because I know it exists on the internet. The box is not your problem. The drivetrain is your problem. You will learn what you need to understand by searching.

This is not a scooter forum. /diy/ should only thoroughly respond to posts so unusual that other resources are not easily found, because spoonfeeding is cruel to the fed. It coddles their ignorance.
'
Yes, you can make it work. Now get out.
>>
>>1204528
Alright, thanks man. Like I said, I'm totally clueless about this stuff, hence the "spoon feeding". It seems like one of those things that's just uncommon enough that I can't find much info on it (at least not in English), but I'll take your advice.
>>
>>1203010
Easiest and best woyld be 2 chinese kids scooters. Wire the ass end together and weld one front to it.
>>
These things exist in India etc.
They are called tuk-tuks
>>
>>1203086
>Neither can scooters.
scooters are not enclosed vehicles with more than two wheels that can travel at highway safe speeds

theres a reason motorcyclists wear helmets, and its because you get a ticket if you dont, much like threat of a 63 dollar fine is literally the only reason anyone has ever worn a seatbelt (obviously j/k but seriously, motorcyclists have mandated safety equipment)

>Is anybody gonna give me advice on how to build it
you could very easily just attach a fucking trailer but if you want something like in russia fail vids youll need some creativity you fucking crypto-yankee cuck. the whole point of those things is that they dont come from engineered plans, but ingenuity leading to self-made plans given what shit you have locally

also you are still missing the point that those dumbass tuk tuks aren't street legal because of things like signaling lights and minimum speeds, not "lol u die if u crash it". you can drive anything from a bike with a washing machine motor on it to a fucking tank as long as you get signal lights, registration plates, and can do at least 50

if you had any understanding of anything ever youd know that you could very easily wire a scooter's normal lights to a larger frame, and simply move the plate to somewhere else, etc. and have a street legal tuk tuk (as long as it's not gonna be too weak to move in the road, since then youll get hella tickets for impeding traffic)
>>
>>1204537
>It seems like one of those things that's just uncommon enough
m8 just take your scooter, and some kind of big board, and attach the board to the scooter, maybe with some fencing on it if you wanna be fancy. after finding the weight distribution fucking destroyed, set your scooter engine to run a pair of wheels on an axle in the back using a chain drive. you dont even need to fuck around with a diff if you feel like being a huge nigger (or are offroading a lot)
>>
>>1203009
In Greece you could buy them from farming machinery shops. Used to be pretty popular. The front part is a rototiller with wheels, the rear is easily detached and you can still convert the front back to rototiller use. Here's a video.

https://youtu.be/Rr9A1Gk7HgI
>>
what's a decent engine size to drop in to haul stuff in one of those?
>>
>>1206727
600cc
>>
>>1206737
Ohh, and I'm serious. I like OPs idea, but those things are so underpowered in other countries. We don't have the silly laws in the US, and anything above 50 is a real vehicle. So you may as well go all the way.
>>
>>1206737
>>1206738
Do you think that's how big the one in the OP image is? It seems peppy enough, but I quite doubt it's up there at 600cc.
>>
>>1205089
>>1205091
Sorry for being inactive for a while. Life got kinda busy for a few days. Anyhow, I really appreciate all the help (despite how salty some of it is), but you guys are using very vague statements for some things like "attach a box to the back". I understand how I would wire it, add suspension, or potentially build a frame if I need to, but I don't know how to actually go about attaching the front half of a scooter on to a box. Welds? Bolts? Duct tape and popsicle sticks?

Also,
>crypto-yankee cuck
I'm gonna get a t-shirt with this on it. Glorious.
>>
File: 25 million cc.gif (274KB, 933x578px) Image search: [Google]
25 million cc.gif
274KB, 933x578px
>>1206727
This one.
>>
>>1206747
No, but again, why go small in the land of the free? Build one that can actually haul and make the pukfuk drivers of other countries jealous.
>>
>>1206794
I see your point. I guess I was just thinking it would kinda ruin the charm to stick some raging monster of an engine in there.
>>
>>1206802
True, but I suppose it depends on whether you want the real deal or something as useful as possible. I haven't ever actually ridden one of those, but I know a 200CC scooter is slow as hell with 2 people, about 300 pounds worth. I can't imagine carrying a whole lot with 200cc.
>>
>>1206783
Nice choice...Wartsila inline 6 burning bunker oil...
>>
File: Ape Proto.jpg (347KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ape Proto.jpg
347KB, 1620x1080px
>>1206835
Ape TM (200 cc) has a payload of 800 kg.
Also keep in mind that tricycles doesn't handle curves well, so most are limited in speed for this reason.

Or you can build one for rallying.
>>
File: 19985726.jpg (119KB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
19985726.jpg
119KB, 770x578px
>>1203009
The one in the video is not built from spare parts. It was manufactured scooter with 250cc engine. Manufacturer was TMZ and model name was Muravey (тмз мypaвeй). Had older model from 60's when I was a kid. This one in the video is bit newer one.
>>
>>1207062
>doesn't handle curves well
indeed.. I'm kinda wondering, why that don't tip over every 30 seconds or so - prob what the extended front rollbar is for, dont see how its preventing it tho..
>>
>>1207202
Holy crap, thanks so much, anon! Probably won't be able to get one over here in Canada, but at least I have something to base my own thing off of.
>>
File: 1_1_1015635.jpg (93KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1_1_1015635.jpg
93KB, 600x450px
>>1207223
Its very simple machine. Has independent suspension with chain driven differential (integrated reverse there).
>>
File: 1_1_28944111.jpg (83KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1_1_28944111.jpg
83KB, 600x450px
>>1207223
>>1207225
>>
>>1207062
I can carry 300 pounds on my back for 0.1 seconds. You're not getting anywhere quickly with 1700 pounds + driver on a 200cc (it's actually 700kg for the 220cc, or so Google says.)

Regardless, a bigger motor gives better performance with no consequence. A decent 600cc motor will give you American road speeds (50-60mph, just under 100 kmh) under load or no load, and if you're wanting a trike truck to race then be my guest. Youre free to do it, albeit dumb as hell.
>>
>>1203014
this is different from
>>1203011
this

>>1203011
Pay attention to the design. This is a modified scooter. Not much has been changed. The only difference is a belt connecting the motor to the rear axle.
So your job is to build a tiny trailer, lock that trailer to the scooter, and attach a belt to the axle.
>>
>>1203009
look on the frorigne import sights a cargo bike is like 900
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.