[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/DIY/ Bunker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 50

File: concrete culvert.jpg (44KB, 794x226px) Image search: [Google]
concrete culvert.jpg
44KB, 794x226px
Ok /DIY/, this is the situation;
I’m fed up with being poor and have decided to become that crackpot inventor down the road… In short, I potentially have a fair chunk of money to play with, if my business takes off.

So, I am doing what any true /DIY/er would do… a bunker. I’m going to buy a field somewhere discreet, and dig a fuck-off sized hole to make my own bunker. Now, I’m not an idiot so obviously I’m not going to touch shipping containers or school busses.

I have thought up a variety of different ways to build my underground cave of darkness.

If you have any other ideas, please feel free to share. I may steal them if they are awesome enough…

>Option 1 - Concrete culvert

Pros
Will last a lifetime
very strong
can get box culvert big enough for a small room
“plug & play” installation
Already have entrances and exits, ladders & access ports available to add on
Dat sweet Fallout vibe

Cons
Very heavy
Difficult to install yourself
can crack with movement of the earth
expensive
not very green
Needs a crane to install
Max 4m wide diameter
>>
>Option 2 - HDPE Piping/Culvert

Pros
Light
Cheaper than concrete
easy to transport & move around site
can install by self
can modify with vibroblade cutter
watertight
flexible, will give with earth movement slightly
light enough to be lifted/moved by digger (excavator)
available in 14m lengths

Cons
Round cross-section means reduced space
would have to make custom racks/modules for each tube before installation
Condensation?
3.5m max diameter
>>
>Option 3 - Concrete “Lego Blocks”

(FYI, the plural of LEGO is LEGO, not Legos)

Pros
Could cast on site
Easy to install
can make internal walls also
rooms as big as is possible, support pillars
individual blocks light enough to be lifted/moved by digger (excavator)

Cons
need to make a roof
hard to seal - expanding foam or concrete “glue”?
Environmental impact
Needs lots of concrete
Installation would take much, much longer
>>
>>1202988
How about a metal container welded everywhere, surrounded by rebar, anchored to the ground, and given a 2 feet thick concrete shell? The inside would be sprayed with expanding foam then truck bed liner.
>>
My preference (and I've given this topic an unhealthy and unrealistic amount of consideration in the past) is concrete culvert. It's designed to be buried, comes in big sections, and as you say comes with ladder sections, prefabbed large-to-small adaptors, hatches, etc. Ingress of water has to be a consideration unless your in the desert, and with big sections like this it seems to me it's be fairly simple (although not easy) to get the connections waterproofs with some damp proof course, tar, etc. Sure, they're big and heavy, but just excavating and moving the earth is going to mean you're looking at big equipment anyway, just add lifting equipment to your list.

Best of luck pal, you're a few steps closer to living the dream than I am.
>>
File: Corrugated-Pipe-127.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Corrugated-Pipe-127.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
>>1202989
I've always wanted to do something like this but with a steel corrugated pipe, and use a shipping container for a workshop/garage on the topside
>>
>>1202988
>fed up with being poor
>have decided to become that crackpot inventor
>down the road
>down the road
>>
3d print it. No joke.
thinkaboutit...
>>
>>1202988
what is the point of a bunker if it can't withstand a nuclear strike
you need at least 2 levels of concrete buried deep inside a mountain

these are only good if you hate people and sunlight
>>
>>1202988
Why looking at prefab concrete structures?
A concrete box can easily be made custom.
That way you only need to get the concrete delivered (or you can even mix it yourself from gravel, cement and sand if you have the time and will).

Culverts are designed for speed of installation but you don't really need that.

Also consider buying hilly terrain and digging into the side of the mountain, you can do it yourself with a small excavator and explosives and you get your bunker pretty much free.

>>1203056
Because unless you also happen to attach a nuclear silo to your bunker, it isn't going to get hit with a direct nuclear strike.

Come on faggot get real.
>>
>>1203056
>these are only good if you hate people and sunlight
Where do I sign up?
>>
Here is a dumb idea I thought up without research how it might or might not work.

Reinforce aquifer caves, drain water, clean water, feed water back into sections of the water table you cut the caves off from or keep for yourself for whatever.

I imagine the process to be tedious as fuck, requiring a diving suit and depending on the materials you use it will be even more tedious, but I imagine rebar skeleton+cocnrete/cement
>>
>>1202988
>decided to be an inventor
>incapable of inventing
>ask /diy/ to do the legwork
just give up now op lol
>>
>>1203056
because there are plenty enough high value targets without worrying about some retarded kids hideaway, a few feet underground to avoid radiation and a nice margin of gravel to absorb shockwaves is all you really need
>>
>>1203120
emp attacks are more worrisome
>>
File: IMG_20170703_021006018.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170703_021006018.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>OP lost her big sketchpad while moving

This is my rough v1.0 layout proposal...
>>
Dig out trench system. Pave trench. With rebar coming up out the edges. Fill with dirt in a mound over foundation. Bend rebar over mound in the middle of trench. Add wire fence over rebar/dirt mound. Weld. Pour concrete. Top off with dirt. Dig out your reenforced tunnel system and blow in insulation. Add more dirt and rocks on top burying whole thing in a man made mountain but with a hole down the middle. Build shipping container castle on top of mountain. Add bat pole to bunker network.
Win.
>>
>>1203091
Not a good idea. When you start drying out stuff or soaking stuff it changes everything in a very fundamental way which can totally wreck the structure. Your grave may very well be marked by a sink hole.
>>
File: IMG_20170703_032411118.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170703_032411118.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
Moar
>>
>>1203169
So I should drain the cave, make a sinkhole and THEN make the bunker in the sink hole and pile dirt from else where on it?
>>
>>1203051
Maybe he will, maybe he will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzmCnzA7hnE
>>
that looks dope
>>
>>1203036
I used to make those pipes and culverts that are designed for water 90% of the time use a rubber seal before you join the next one in and they could be installed by 1 person with a front end loader probably would need a spotter tho to speed it up
>>
>>1203199
>chinese
so how fast is it going to collapse?
>>
>>1203199
>>1203303
You could build your own, it doesn't look that difficult - print your own forms on site, install rebar and place on pad, fill 3d-printed forms with concrete.

Think a giant Prusa i3 made out of I beams, that would be awesome
>>
>>1203249
>that looks dope

this. OP's shit is epic cash. I'm so stoked to see what he rocks next.
>>
>>1203319
CNC can pretty much be scaled as big as you want. I can imagine half a bridgeport mill welded to a 30' x-y slider with 1/2 hp steppers, though I'm not sure how a 3D printer's nozzle can be scaled.
>>
File: bombs.jpg (53KB, 610x414px) Image search: [Google]
bombs.jpg
53KB, 610x414px
>>1203346
If you're extruding concrete, how about a metal auger/Archimedes screw assembly, with a concrete pump on the supply tank to keep feed pressure up. Could run the whole thing from a RAMPS board maybe? or an old PC?

Would be awesome to be able to make custom 3-D printed rooms, just build it modularly. Can design in staircases, access ports, all sorts. Just have to knock it up in CAD first....
>>
>>1203130
>rebar
No they're not. They're meme-tier.
>>
>>1202988
Guy i know dug trenches. Filled with concrete. Poured a pad for a roof. Dug it out with a skid loader and put the dirt on top. Power wash walls and pump or drain water out. Lay rock screenings down amd whacker packer and pour pad for a floor. Paint walls and ceiling with mold and moisturereaistant paint or rhino liner or flex seal or whatever u want.

Pack your shit and move in.

Dude has lived there over 50 years.
>>
>>1203056
>hate people
>hate sunlight.

Time to dig i guess
>>
>>1203150
>>1203178
Those are some nice sketches, very creative
>>
File: smartopepe.jpg (55KB, 673x522px) Image search: [Google]
smartopepe.jpg
55KB, 673x522px
>>1203150
Wait, OP is female? a woman, with a bagina? who wants to live in a bunker and be a crazy inventor? We should get married, or at least be friends, where do you live? I'm in Liverpool UK.

P.S. http://www.colinfurze.com/bunker.html this will help you.
>>
>>1202988
I recommend your own excavator. A 20-30ton excavator can be had for well under 10k any decent money.
A big excavator can probably lift those concrete sections. Mine lofts 2,4 tonnes when the boom is fully extended, 7-8 tonnes if lifting beside the machine. And if I recall correctly it's with the bucket. This weight is 60% of the tipping weight but I recommend not to exaggerate, toppling over is dangerous.

An excavator is an extremely versatile tool.

But if I'd really would build a bunker I'd probably dig a hole and pour the concrete myself. It's a bit over 100€, depending on what kind of concrete per m^3 pumped. Relatively cheap, that is.
>>
>>1203353
I wonder how easy it would be to make CNC reinforced concrete? You'd need some railway-esque rebar placer.
>>
File: DIY underground bunker concept.png (72KB, 1224x914px) Image search: [Google]
DIY underground bunker concept.png
72KB, 1224x914px
I've saved a few infographics related to this project. This seems the most promising but expensive since it calls for Rhino Liner.
>>
File: retaining walls explained.jpg (252KB, 2640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
retaining walls explained.jpg
252KB, 2640x1000px
Here's a little tidbit about retaining walls.
>>
File: septic tank shelter.jpg (61KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
septic tank shelter.jpg
61KB, 500x397px
If you go with the "Septic Tank" method, DO NOT buy it used!
>>
File: cistern shelter.jpg (21KB, 306x242px) Image search: [Google]
cistern shelter.jpg
21KB, 306x242px
>>1203653
Speaking of recycling structures intended to be buried, how about a very large cistern?
>>
File: underground shelter method.png (20KB, 1560x684px) Image search: [Google]
underground shelter method.png
20KB, 1560x684px
You can always go low-tech.
>>
File: underground 'pirates hideout'.jpg (473KB, 642x1024px) Image search: [Google]
underground 'pirates hideout'.jpg
473KB, 642x1024px
The "pirate's hideout" looks like it could be scaled up, though i don't know for sure.
>>
File: young boy's wilderness hideout.jpg (33KB, 671x438px) Image search: [Google]
young boy's wilderness hideout.jpg
33KB, 671x438px
>>1203657
Some folks argue that lateral earth pressure would cave this "small boy's hideout", but I think they assume it would be buried instead of staying on the surface and lightly camouflaged with dirt and foliage.
>>
>>1203660
Still, lateral earth pressure is certainly worth looking into for this type of thing!
>>
File: Photo on 04-07-2017 at 00.jpg (700KB, 642x828px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 04-07-2017 at 00.jpg
700KB, 642x828px
>Webcam a shit
>>
File: glhf.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
glhf.gif
3MB, 400x225px
And I'm spent. I have a few ebooks on the subject but I can't post them here.

Pic related, OP - hope it all works out for you.
>>
>>1203634
everyone don't forget when it comes to the underground)
1) ventilation, gotta vent in/out good/bad air exhaust, heating/cooling, poison gas/ clean air (always multiples/different types for safety/regulations)
2) water management, for occasional flooding/rain in short period, neighbors flooding their fields/fires/etc aka sump pumps, again multiple places and types
3) power and energy, generators underground equals multiple input/output for exhaust/air/fuel/power/etc, same with solar/wind/geothermal if you tap those underground burning coalmine fires/underground rivers

In the end, your hidden away place WILL be noticed by the locals if only because your location will inevitable have NOTHING TO OFFER above ground to explain your comings and goings
>>
Kek this thread
Bumping
>>
>>1203660
Underated post
>>
>>1203056
>what is a storm shelter

>>1203649
>expensive since it calls for Rhino Liner.
You could probably just get a truck load of tar much cheaper, and spread on the outside as a moisture barrier
>>
Anyone know how wide a consumer could buy some circular concrete tubing like in OP's pic? Maybe if you can put it vertically in a hole you could have an underground tower.
>>
File: concrete tube 2.jpg (45KB, 551x702px) Image search: [Google]
concrete tube 2.jpg
45KB, 551x702px
>>1203683
Like this?
>>
File: Concrete tube 3.jpg (50KB, 687x654px) Image search: [Google]
Concrete tube 3.jpg
50KB, 687x654px
>>1203683
>>
>>1203692
you would go insane in this coffin
>>
>>1203691
>>1203692
100% YES
>>
File: alt concrete tube 3.jpg (93KB, 687x654px) Image search: [Google]
alt concrete tube 3.jpg
93KB, 687x654px
>>1203692
>>1203698
>>1203699
Fixed to include the fridge.
>>
>>1203675
Fool. Thats what the "haunted" trailer park is for.
As long as there are no pesky kids around and their dog you can get away with it too.
>>
>>1203683
Concrete pipes can be really huge. Like 50 or 100 feet, if you need them. The cost of shipping is going to be $$$ though.

But each time this comes up, everyone points out that concrete water basin or septic tank would be a better idea, as they can be rectangular.
>>
>>1203718
>septic tank
also look for "utility chamber"
>>
>>1203714
Looks like Ol' Man Jenkins's out on parole. You won't be luring any kids or their pets onto your property anymore, right?
>>
>>1203478
>Liverpool

You already live in a hole, why do you need a bunker?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/JMEMantzel/videos

Look up this guy's videos about his fortress for info on concrete forming andmore help with that. A lot of people think he should have used reinforcement, including myself. I understand his concept... but better safe than sorry.
>>
File: fnarrrrrr.jpg (280KB, 1300x733px) Image search: [Google]
fnarrrrrr.jpg
280KB, 1300x733px
OP Here,
My plan is as follows:
>Get Field
>Get planning permission for house and "security bunker" (UK Planning laws permit this, and you don't need permission for an under 30M^2 floorspace bunker, interestingly)
>Phase 1: Build house with basic groundworks and hookups for bunker
>Phase 2: Turn big, tall barn into workshop and build the 3D concrete printer
>Phase 3: Buy biiig excavator and dig a fuck-off huge hole
>Phase 4: Get pad laid by pouring in a huge amount of self leveling concrete, then a rebar layer
>Phase 5: Print bunker in modules according to print volume of your huge printer
(I'm thinking an inner shell is printed, rebar is fitted, then a separately printed outer shell is fitted. Once in position, the shell is filled with concrete, sealing it and strengthening it. Large counterweight motors could be attached to shake out any bubbles and ensure good internal adhesion.)
>Phase 6: Install modules & backfill with more concrete, gravel, soil, maybe hesco bastion or something designed to work like that underground?
>Phase 7: Install interior environment
(I'm thinking expanding foam like the Murricans use to insulate their flimsy wooden shacks they call homes, then something on top, possibly spray-on stuff - Using lots of ventilation, of course)
>Phase 8:Install bunker barebones like; doors, stair rails, ladders, lifts, electrics, water, ventilation, networking, gas supply, waste disposal, septic tank, generator etc...
>Phase 9: Use the power of the weaponised autism of /diy/ to come help me fit it out (Paid, with toys to play with and beer and stuff)
>Phase 10: Clear out spaghetti and move in. Bring a mop.

This is of course, assuming that I make at least £300,000 in personal profit after taxes this year, that amount is at least enough to get started with the land, house and maybe printer...
>>
>>1203478
C'mon Joe, we all know there are no actual baginas on the internets
>>
How feasible would using superior walls be? They are to be buried, albeit only at basement depth but they might be able to withstand a bit deeper. And they are bolt together and easy to install.
>>
>>1202988
colinfurze has a decent video on this
>>
>>1203056
most nukes are designed to be airbursts
all you need to be is not close to the explosion and a little bit underground
>>
>>1203691
>>
>>1203653
But just think about how much money you could save buying used!
>>
>>1204159
Thoughts on this pls?
>>
>>1203189
how about just getting a dry cave
>>
>>1204631

Get back on your medication
>>
>>1204631
How about finding if UK has any ww 2 era discontinued bunkers and see if you can buy it, would probably be cheaper and less stressful.
>>
>>1203867
I am impress. I just put his fiberglass dome project on in the background for several hours while doing other shit
>>
File: 1477903538509.jpg (35KB, 960x914px) Image search: [Google]
1477903538509.jpg
35KB, 960x914px
If you guys really are intrested in propper bunkers. Lots of ideas you should keep in mind while re-searching underground survival.

https://www.nrk.no/nordland/selger-bunker-pa-1635-kvadratmeter-1.12379218

2,1m nok = 2100000usd

Its huuyge, cost hundreds of millions to build. These are all over the country. Some lucky people got awsome deal on propper bunker facilities.

Still going off for sale from time to time. But Norwegians first right i belive ^^
>>
>>1204676
Look for disused nuclear bunkers - preferably ROC or council ones. the emergency planning officer at the council would know where they were and who to contact if the council are interested in selling. You don't want an ROC post as these were 2 man bunkers where the observers were basically throwaway after the first 2 weeks had gone by.
>>
>>1203708
>>1203692
>>1203691
For the love of god post your sketchup files somewhere
nya.is or something
>>
>>1203698
Looks comfy as fuck, what are you talking about
>>
>>1204631
Good luck with the first step. Land with planning permission is hideously expensive, unless you're willing to relocate to rural Wales or the Scottish highlands. Buying land without planning permission is a gamble as you'd have to spend, iirc, 5 years continuously inhabiting a mobile home on the land, while using the land for agricultural purposes, to demonstrate the requirement for a permanent syructure to be built. This is the point where my autistic inner 12 year old says "fuck it" and i resign myself to saving up for an existing farmhouse with land.

You're correct that we're allowed to construct a 30m2 fallout shelter (one if the few personal liberties we still have in Britainistan, get in there quick before Labour get back into power and declare back garden bunkers forbidden due to terrorism laws or something), but remember they have to be at least as far horizontally from the main building as they are vertically deep. So, that puts paid to the idea of having a bunker directly accessible from a cellar, unless you plan on digging an illegal tunnel from your house to the bunker. I'm game for that, but it would have to be hush-hush.
>>
>>1204676
Cold war era bunkers sell for £15k or so each, usually on a tiny parcel of land, and are effin' tiny. They cool and I'd buy one if I was a keen hunter or bird watcher, but for my secret base fantasies they just don't cut the mustard.
>>
File: Führerbunker_Berlin.jpg (2MB, 1519x820px) Image search: [Google]
Führerbunker_Berlin.jpg
2MB, 1519x820px
>>1203178
This reminds me of something...
>>
File: Info Legend.jpg (80KB, 638x419px) Image search: [Google]
Info Legend.jpg
80KB, 638x419px
>>1204967
Sadly, I didn't make these - however I have been collecting books, videos, and infographics covering a wide variety of things for the past few years. I post links to the Google Drive archive and the Mega file host all the time here, on /out/, and on /k/.

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ILpxMxNOBzZGxpNmtQQzBfWlE

>Mega
https://mega.nz/#F!idIVWQba!0U7rggYZADJnUmLk0d9v3g

These links lead to the same library, and the library is updated a few times each year - so check back for updates every couple of months or so.

Also, please note that the collection is designed for the user to drill down to their task or problem at hand. If you're simply browsing you will find redundancies.

Enjoy!
>>
>>1202988

Why does no one ever mention bricks when it comes to meme bunker threads?

Think about it... a brick arch in theory is stronger the more weight upon it. Why not build some circular wooden forms and build a big O from brick and mortar?
>>
>>1205255
iirc London and Paris sewer systems of which largely remain are built in a similar fashion
>>
>>1203478
Another Scouser on DIY, holy shit...
>>
>>1203034
If you have a 2' thick concrete shell, what's the conex for?
>>
I know that most people posting in this thread are just moleman fetishists, but what are your thoughts on emergency shelter boats?
>>
>>1205310
Looks nice, can you bury them?
>>
>>1202988
You could dig a larger area, install the culverts, make the bunker, then bury it with the dirt?
>>
>>1205099
How many books is this in total?

I used to have a digital library of ~14 000 full-length books a couple of years ago. You made me look through some old folders, and found about 4000 of them laying around, lol

thank you
>>
File: celery_man.gif (481KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
celery_man.gif
481KB, 303x500px
>>1205606
I don't know for sure, but the library is a bit over 6GB total, and my personal copy is over 9GB.

You're welcome. By the way, if you've got some files and you're willing to share I could always use some new material.
>>
>>1203664
make a google sketchup project!
>>
>>1205255
U might could even male a geodesic some...
>>
>>1205310
Throw cheap camper on old pontoon...
>>
File: 1480859392351.jpg (325KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1480859392351.jpg
325KB, 2048x1365px
>>1203056
you CLEARLY are a newfag who is not aware of the glory that is BunkerAnon
>>
>>1205255
so a wine cellar?
>>
>>1203691
>>1203692
>>1203698
>>1203708
genuinely looks like the most workable design ITT, problem is how the fuck do you dig that deep? Hire a guy with a coring machine?
>>
>>1207156
has there been any updates from bunkerbro recently? Last I heard, he was looking into buying more bunkers.
>>
>>1205310
Why not just a more livable houseboat?
http://quidnon.blogspot.com/
>tfw too poorfag to build even one of these
>>
>>1207273
well, he did buy some more bunkers
>>
File: finally turned on the power.jpg (2MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
finally turned on the power.jpg
2MB, 2016x1512px
>>1207273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tskP0OzI
>>
>>1207275
you could probably actually build one for pretty fucking cheap if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. Just get a couple used 50 gallon drums, and fiberglass them together to make some compartmentalized pontoons. doing some quick math, a gallon of water weighs about 8.3 pounds multiplied by 50, gives you 415 lbs of buoyancy per drum. so something as small as 2 pontoons made of 5 drums a piece could support a 1 ton structure easily, and still give you plenty of margin for furniture, people, and supplies.

of course that probably wont be strong enough to survive a hurricane or tsunami like those crazy survival boats, but it's something.
>>
>>1205255
Make some forms and pour reinforced concrete?
>>
>>1207156
Kek. He in for a treat. God bles bunkeranon
>>
>>1207243
I was gonna build a knarly spade toothed bucket for a skid loader and buy a pecker (jackhammer) attatchment
>>
>>1203708
might be horrifying, but first thought improvements:

Mount that table, to the left of the mini range, onto a track. Set it at a ever-so-slightly higher level then the range&sink, with a hidden slot underneath for range controls if needed.

Mount the faucet and knobs on the wall instead of through the counter. Add some interlocks to the range power and water. Then slide the table over to collapse that area for more space as needed. You could also make the table-on-rail longer, doubling counter space or deleting it as needed.

Coverage for getting a professional crew to dig this would be that you want to bury a methane digester or water storage. It would require a large, deep hole (with trench plates) then you would set up a base and pour a foundation that is keyed to receive the pipe segments. Perhaps the big central chamber and a side tunnel (or two) of smaller pipe that you can mount a ladder or lift in and use as needed. The segments would be stacked and sealed together, likely covered with some kind of tar or sealant, layer after layer and backfilling dirt on the way up.
>>
>>1207308
my god, there is no stopping him now, is there?
>>
>>1207376
Was that bunkerbro? What is that pic of?
>>
>>1207382
the filename and jewtoob should be context enough for the pic. I know he's had industrial generators down there for a while now, but I guess he is on the power grid now, so he doesn't need to burn through his fuel reserves for his day to day power needs. Not sure if that was him tho, he doesn't really namefag that much anymore, but he is always lurking [spoiler]and he can't resist a bunker thread[/spoiler]
>>
>>1207392
Ah, so the power lines were the context of the image.

I wonder if I'm the only person here considering stealing away with one of the few sunken nuclear submarines? There's even one that's only 33m below the surface, though one of its reactors is completely fucked.
>>
>>1207461
>stealing away with one of the few sunken nuclear submarines
I guaran-god-damn-fucking-tee that if this shit was abandoned, it were abandoned for good reason. when the navy decides to scuttle a vessel, they typically gut it first Even if you can "recover"/steal a nuclear sub you would probably need to use some weird ass powering, and also some weird ass state regarding NOAH
>>
>>1207505
There are a few that weren't scuttled, but sank with their crew as a result of some accident. Of course, the majority are below 3000 metres and thoroughly crushed, so it's probably easier to just build a new one. But a recovered sunken submarine or two would make great scavenging materials for construction.
>>
Paging bunkerbro~

Hows the projects coming along? Any updates for us hungry anons?
>>
it's summer so I'd imagine he is pretty busy with construction or other bunker related stuff
>>
File: P1070544.jpg (325KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1070544.jpg
325KB, 1600x1200px
wonder has someone from anons ever considered earth casting a small bunker?
>>
>>1203649
>Rhino Liner
just use rubber/bitumen and epoxy to join them jesus christ it's not like it's gonna be visible to anyone but earthworms and moles
>>
>>1208744
Earth casting?

Like compressed dirt blocks?
>>
>>1208919
Triple compressed dirt has a density of 93 that of normal dirt so that means it has 130 times the density of Corten steel, the most durable metal known to mankind. It will work
>>
>>1208934
*9^3
>>
>>1208934
>triple compressed dirt
I've played enough Extra Utilities to know that you're full of shit.
>>
File: th1jpg.jpg (66KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
th1jpg.jpg
66KB, 600x449px
I'd go another route, half n half:

Excavate, but not more than 2m (2m generally accepted as requiring engineering, so aim for less). Then build rammed earth walls for the first floor with excavated material and whatever you need for the balance. Careful with drainage around this step.

I'd add a second storey though, so we're well out of bunker territory there. But fuck that, I don't want to sleep in a dank hole.
>>
>>1208934
>>1209076

Yeah, dirt made of carbon, some iron, in an irregular mix, no matter how compacted, will not compare in density to metal atoms arranged in their solid matrix?

wtf anon
>>
>>1208934
Lel, >>1209133 thinks you're a moron an not a memelord, GG
>>
>>1208919
using earth as mold for concrete
>>
can someone give me a list 'must-haves' for a nuclear bunker
>>
File: sw1LI3l_d.jpg (77KB, 640x405px) Image search: [Google]
sw1LI3l_d.jpg
77KB, 640x405px
>>1203079
Plus, you can just use this and stay the fuck away from any dots on this map. If you want to be doubly safe, use nuke radius calculator to figure out the safe distance from all of these targets in the event of a tsar Bomba size nuclear strike,and build anywhere that doesn't fall in the danger zone.
>>
just make a bunker out of diamond, the hardest metal.
>>
>>1209304
Starting with the basics for any underground structure, you need drainage, ventilation, and a roof and walls that wont cave in on you.
>>
>>1209322
Got anything like this for Canada? I'd appreciate staying safe from that sorta thing.
>>
>>1209322
whats up with the dots in montana? why would they strike there
>>
>>1209539
missile silos
>>
>>1209539
"Fuck Wyoming in particular"
Only reason anyone bombs anything is either because it is an economic/population center, or because it is a military installation.
>>
File: IdRatherYellowstoneTBH.png (64KB, 650x621px) Image search: [Google]
IdRatherYellowstoneTBH.png
64KB, 650x621px
>>1209322
>>1209539
>>1209596
As an Ausfag, I feel sorry for you guys with the amount of Nuclear shenanigans that will occur once the missiles start flying.
>>
The end is near I definitely don't have skitzofrenia
>>
>>1209606
As a Kiwifag, I feel sorry for you having yellowcake mines to be targeted. I still wish we weren't anti-nuclear though.
>>
Worry not, fellow NEET brothers.

Level 3 autonomous electric van are coming soon.

Level 3 electric van + solar charger = no need for house.

>Let van drive to some destination of your choice
>Park for few days and let the solar charger charge the battery to full
>Drive around until another comfy rest spot
Repeat and "drive" all over the country
>>
>>1209637
That's some "Honey; I Blew up the Kids" shit right there.
>>
File: aacont2.jpg (88KB, 811x571px) Image search: [Google]
aacont2.jpg
88KB, 811x571px
>>1209322
You should also keep in mind that prevailing winds will carry the fallout, which can in turn contaminate watersheds

>>1209637
that would be living the dream, but I would still want a secure "home base" that I can come back to. Also, if you have a cozy camper van, you can just set up camp at your property, so you have a place to live while you do all the back breaking work of actually building a bunker
>>
>>1204194
Used to manage a Superior Walls plant. You would need to roof it, otherwise they make a nice basement. Must pour a floor and set joists before backfilling, otherwise they will collapse. I've repaired a few that did.
>>
bump for intrest
>>
>>1203698
2- 3 days tops and I am out of that bitch. I am just imagining sitting in that chair going mad from claustraphopia.
>>
File: 708797309528a048cd8d98eb9f72f2fa.jpg (958KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
708797309528a048cd8d98eb9f72f2fa.jpg
958KB, 1920x1080px
>>1202988
Caught you, freak. You are gonna die in prison.
>>
>>1211074
>>1203698
depends on your personality, how much content you have loaded on your PC, and if you have some way to communicate with other people.

Personally, I spend literally all day between my PC and my bed, but I work online and socialize through the internet, so... yeah
>>
>>1205099
eh nowhere near as good as the mudercube collection
>>
>>1208934
kek retard just use tires like the earth houses do
>>
>>1211129
Because it's a contest, right?
>>
>>1211214

Its a race to the bottom
>>
>>1211127
Is this the OP? If so, good luck. I hope your depression let's you live outside the net one day. Been there.
>>
>>1211077
>>
>>1202988
There was a thing in Australia a while ago where contractors were building underground bush fire shelters. A lot of them flooded and became useless. Be careful with your location. Also look up Coober Pedy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy
A place in Australia where it is so hot that the residents live underground. Apparently the ground is a kick ass insulator. Just some thoughts.
>>
>>1203653
The guy is paranoid, looking for drones
>>
whatever you do OP dont use a fucking shipping container
>>
>>1203708
>>1203692
shower head spraying on toilet?
>>
>>1207156
I haven't seen bunkeranons stuff in a long time. Is there a compiled collection of his posts? Last time i saw he was showing the floor supporting pillars or moving in the big blue generators.
>>
>>1209132
mow yard, find out you needed new roof, now you need new couch and dog.

have goat eat grass, goat finds you needed new roof, and now a new dog.
>>
>>1203043
looks like a submarine
>>
ITT: unclear project parameters

If you talk about proper bunkers, it is a wheel already invented, the only problem is it is a multimillion dollar project which falls outside of /diy/ territory.

If you talk about a truly diy scale bunker, then there is the question of why a random location (the typical backyard is a poor location), and why not make arrangements to move, and why make a bunker when a military one is safer for actual happenings, also the question of lifestyle and hooking up to city grid or other systems, also the security issues, literally millions of why before you even get to doing proper engineering in a clearly defined site with proper requirements.

This topic remains a wanking exercise until proven otherwise with actual project parameters, e.g. bunkerbro bunkers
>>
>>1212420
I will post next year when i start digging anon.
>>
>>1211592
Why would u not dig a hole in a hillside and make gravity drains... the fuck
>>
>>1203303
~9.81m/s2
>>
File: y_variosafe_us_01 (2).gif (298KB, 681x801px) Image search: [Google]
y_variosafe_us_01 (2).gif
298KB, 681x801px
>>1203683
>>
>>1212645
I was thinking more along the lines of "taller than wide", but that's still damn shiggidy.
>>
>>1212892
unless you have a specialized heavy duty digging machine, you are probably going to need to dig the walls of your hole at about 45 degrees anyway, so you would be digging more for less space, not really worth it unless you want to dump a bunch of concrete on top to make it more bomb resistant
>>
>>1203653
Who's the other man in the shelter? He's in the bedroom.
>>
>>1212385
it's an all-in-one bathroom. basically, it's like putting a shiter in a shower stall to maximize the space, and flood your shower with sewage if it ever backs up
>>
>>1213010
sounds really not worth it.
>>
>>1213010
The ones common in Rv's? How likely is that to happen as I hardly hear about it being a thing.
>>
>>1212892
The problem there being any sort of fault/collapse and the whole thing is then useless, a few maybe more side by side with access through smaller culverts might be better.
As long as you have a few ways to get out.
You could try sticking two with one being slightly smaller than the other inside each other for added strength.
Seal space between with soil or concrete whichever.
>>
>>1213000
His wife's partner checking on his wife's son.

>>1212907
>>1213096
I was thinking of reinforcing some relatively narrow-diameter (2-3m) piping with many cross-braces and rebars so it can naturally hold the pressure without turning the surrounding earth into a structural element, similar to how a submarine does. This way "you" can always go deeper as you reduce the inside diameter with respect to the outside diameter.

If I could dig on the go and cast pipe segments as I remove the earth underneath me (via fracking?), I could theoretically get deep enough to get myself some thermoelectric power generation, bonus points if there's a cool aquifer between the heat and me. But that's just an economically optimistic pipe-dream (heh), I really just want an inverted tower.
>>
>>1213093
Cost you out the dick but i put a checkvalve on my sewer line. Shit backs up one day. Neighbors houses covered in shit.

Not mine.

$200 WELL SPENT
>>
>>1212907
Dig trenches and bury is exponentially easier and more efficient than viet congi ng
>>
>>1205346
i think yes
these are suposed to dive af few meters underwater when they are thrown from the ship

>>1205310
if you build flood tanks to it you could submerge it a few meters and dive up to leave it
>>
>>1213920
You'd need to have some sort of diving bell to get inside it, but it's a pretty cosy looking sea-home.
>>
>>1203667
Post to pdf and link to them here
>>
>>1213121
I like the tower idea because it takes advantage of an optical illusion often used by department stores. High ceilings in cramped spaces give the illusion of spaciousness.
It's a lot less claustrophobic when there's a good amount of space between you and the ceiling.
>>
File: 1474404080297.jpg (2MB, 1788x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1474404080297.jpg
2MB, 1788x1265px
>>1207156
Any news on the 800.000 cubic metres of fuel storage? Could he bid or not?

I always get a kick out of the rubes reaction to this image.
>>
>>1216607
What reaction? Claims that it's shopped?
>>
>>1215227
They're in the library.
>>1205099
>>
File: 1474405401037.jpg (158KB, 848x1308px) Image search: [Google]
1474405401037.jpg
158KB, 848x1308px
>>1216609
I'm probably projecting. I remember my jaw was catching the ground.
>>
>>1202991
>hard to seal - expanding foam or concrete “glue”?

What is mortar?
>>
If you're going to be an inventor, come up with your own ideas. If you don't know what the most suitable materials are you should probably give up now
>>
File: plbuming.jpg (28KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
plbuming.jpg
28KB, 479x720px
>>1204562
We can fix that.
>>
You could also move to Russia or any other eastern bloc country and search for one of these (This is Lithuania)

https://youtu.be/hv5lcQBv8mY
>>
>>1218262
>electricity still works
kek
>>
>>1205085
link on this pls
>>
Bump, I enjoyed tunnel Anon thread. Hope he's okay.
>>
>>1202988

Just what exactly are you sheltering from? What scenario do you have in mind?
>>
>>1204562
>unhinge door
>a little bit of extra work
could be worse
>>
>>1219597
Nah, he definately an hero
>>
>>1220619
Fuck off skyseer
>>
>>1219635
I plan to survive the foodpocalypse by storing my imitation crab meat miles beneath the earth in a pallet wood-reinforced shipping container.
>>
>>1220771
>imitation crab meat miles beneath the earth in a pallet wood-reinforced shipping container.

I've got mine almost completed. I'm having a time deciding on what sort of paint would be optimum.
>>
>>1220784
use some old paint which contains tons of lead. this way you are safe in case of an nuclear strike and another big plus is, that you can leave your tinfoil-hat on the shelf. But keep it, in case you must go out and scavenger some roadkill!
>>
Fuck tha haters!

Have some shipping container bunker, mothafuckas!
>>
>>1220947
http://www.gichnersystemsgroup.com/products/specialty-enclosures/hardened-structures
>>
>>1220949
This is the future of all housing everywhere.
>>
>>1212388
>>1207156
any compilations of his posts?
>>
>>1211129
Can I get a link for that
>>
>>1223248
Just google /k/ murdercube, it's the first website that comes up.
>>
File: SL2.png (20KB, 541x618px) Image search: [Google]
SL2.png
20KB, 541x618px
>>1205099
Amateur
>>
File: SL1.png (43KB, 846x439px) Image search: [Google]
SL1.png
43KB, 846x439px
>>1224027
Almost all full pdf ebook btw.
I took all the useful parts of murdercube and integrated it into this.
>>
>>1224027
upload it
>>
>>1224173
>>1224027
Let me correct that guy. Upload 3 pdfs you think are the most useful.
>>
>>1207461
>I wonder if I'm the only person here considering stealing away with one of the few sunken nuclear submarines?

You are stupid in so many ways. You can't afford it, you've no real idea how to do it, so don't post it.
>>
>>1207890
>But a recovered sunken submarine or two would make great scavenging materials for construction.

No, it wouldn't. You are an idiot who knows nothing about shipbuilding. Fucking retard. You'd spend more salvaging and scrapping it then you'd spend on new metal. How dare you not know that? Fucking babbling 12-year olds go die.

Scuttling is, besides making artificial reefs, cheaper than scrapping. Of course you know nothing about how large vessels are scrapped.
>>
>>1224030
>I took all the useful parts of murdercube and integrated it into this.
So you cheated. Too bad, I was almost impressed.
>>
>>1224385
murdercube docs are only a small part, a lot of it I deemed not that useful. Most of the documents I sourced on my own
>>
>>1224399
>but I only cheated a little
You still cheated, or you lied and renamed your porn folder for >>1224027

All of my docs have been sourced AND TESTED by me. Sorry it's not big enough for you but those experiments cost money buddy.
>>
File: SL6.png (108KB, 680x889px) Image search: [Google]
SL6.png
108KB, 680x889px
>>1224405
lol ok. Big Librarian TESTED all his shit. I was joking don't get all fucking butthurt.
>>1224173
>>1224196
Here are a few to start. Uploading all of it is totally impractical on my connection. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qksyur5ha3kzh1a/AABsSngseNpkBP4sHbpIeOG7a?dl=0
>>
File: SL7.png (104KB, 665x888px) Image search: [Google]
SL7.png
104KB, 665x888px
>>1224405
"porn folder"
>>
>>1205099
Our organization style is so similar its kind of scary lol
>>
>>1203698
>>1211074
How? I've spent my entire life with less living space than this.
>>
File: bunker.png (72KB, 1904x871px) Image search: [Google]
bunker.png
72KB, 1904x871px
(typing this from my current underground bunker)
works great for me. carefully follow these blueprints and you'll be on your way.
>>
>>1225610
This needs to be a pasta if it isn't already.
>>
>>1224427
>>1224423
>>1224405
dump them here >>>1078153
>>
File: diybunker.png (19KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
diybunker.png
19KB, 600x1000px
behold my incredibly dangerous and unfeasible ez-diy-cylinder-bunker

not shown:
automated auger and bucket
winch system for bucket and workers
reinforcements in concrete
barn to hide your illegal and dangerous construction
huge pumps for when you hit the water table
>>
>>1224423
>>1224427
upload that info, senpai
>>
>>1225944
how do you move the outside ring with all concrete in the way?
>>
https://youtu.be/p1t7r3SKT2o
That's literally my entire knowledge about this shit
>>
>>1225973
the cast stays in one place. the inner piece is connected to the outside by small bars at the top. the initial slanted piece is removed in parts.
>>
>>1225984
ok except i think the friction between concrete and earth would fuck you up after about a meter?
>>
>>1225950
Unlikely - like all boasters.
>>
Stop being poor invest a bit in bitcoins it really works but you only get bitcoins back Https://www.microhash.net/?tag=34285
>>
File: auto bunker.png (22KB, 1060x1200px) Image search: [Google]
auto bunker.png
22KB, 1060x1200px
>>1225944
Not viable unless you get tall rebar in there going as high as the concrete is to be deep, and a selection of circular rebars welded to it, but after that it's a pretty good idea, pic related. You could throw the reinforcing structure together on site, and make it higher if necessary while it's still sticking out of concrete. Problem is you can't make the bottom walls thicker than the top without making big modifications to the cast, so you'd either have collapsing walls at the bottom or super thick walls at the top if you go deep.

Maybe you could weld a rebar ladder to the top of the reinforcing structure that spans the whole reinforcing structure's height so you can get down to the bottom regardless of the downward progression? It would have to overhang the wooden cast, so maybe it would have to be reinforced from multiple sides.
>>
>>1203867
Jesus Christ, this isn't going to end well.
>>
>>1226073
let's hope anon puts his money where is mouth is.
>>
>>1226115
you don't necessarily need tensile strength in a cylinder under even pressure but it is common.
cast sections don't require continuous reinforcement between sections.
even if you wanted to you could overlap and weld between pours as is common.
>>
>>1204159
>build the 3D concrete printer
Don't bother, buy pre-fab

K.I.S.S., always K.I.S.S.
>>
>>1207243
1 week doing nothing but digging should be enough
>>
>>1224427
>>1224423
>>1224405
do you guys have any documentation on hydroponics?

It doesnt have to be focused on Bunker hydroponics, I am actually looking into very small scale (apartment-scale) hydroponics.
>>
>>1226496
>do you guys have any documentation on hydroponics?

No, and neither does the internet. Anywhere. Not even search engines can find it.
>>
>>1226498
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/mobile/folders/0B2ILpxMxNOBzZGxpNmtQQzBfWlE/0B2ILpxMxNOBzUF9UV3c5emZJcXc/0B2ILpxMxNOBzLURHUDFMcnJORXc/0B2ILpxMxNOBzQUxnaDczR0lmSTA/0B2ILpxMxNOBzV1N5QnNDLURmZ0U/0B2ILpxMxNOBzUWFKSlRhVDYwcXc?sort=13&direction=a
>>
>>1226496
>>1226498
>>1226579
Replied to the wrong anon.
>>
File: SL1.png (114KB, 885x940px) Image search: [Google]
SL1.png
114KB, 885x940px
>>1226587
>>1226498
>>1226496
Here ya go.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ehj91j117binfs5/AAAEubgTcpQK36a3wrn0BG_-a?dl=0
BTW this is survival library guy. Different computer.
>>
>>1226590
I also updated this.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qksyur5ha3kzh1a/AABsSngseNpkBP4sHbpIeOG7a?dl=0
>>
>>1203120

Only Russia has enough nukes that in a war they'd be able to do true counterforce, and even in that scenario you just have to say more than a couple miles away from strategic targets like air bases and missile silos and city centers. National guard armories aren't even on the target list.

All other nuke capable countries don't have enough to even target all our missile silos. So they'll hit major city centers. Avoid those places and you just need a fallout shelter. Which coincidentally is more useful in other scenarios like pandemics.

>>1203130

That's controversial even among prepped. Experts disagree on how much of a threat it really is and how effective countermeasures really are.

I'd wrap your shelter in copper mesh if I were you, but then dig under your shelter and put a much better Faraday cage with your electronics and data down there. Or at least backups.

The government has been hardening the grid against this or a Carrington event for the past year now, so the window of vulnerability where this alone fucks civilization is closing.
>>
>>1226744
>copper
I thought you wanted high magnetic permeability, but I might be wrong. Looking at how they work, it probably is better to just use a good conductor.
>>
>>1226496

Also try the homegrowman thread on /out/.

And be advised: the DEA tracks electricity usage for grow light use patterns and in some districts even posts officers at hydroponic supply stores. If you're trying to grow pot, you will probably be discovered. Even if you aren't, you should give the local cops a call and explain you're a hobbyist and ask what you can do to help them make sure you're not Walter White without having your dogs shot in a midnight no-knock SWAT raid.
>>
>>1226797
>>1226797

When you're far enough underground, this is gilding the lily, but it's also a sensible precaution. Just keep your SHTF electronics, including any backups you want to keep, unplugged, charged, and fully enclosed in your Faraday cage. Leaving your ham radio and antenna set up all the time is great, but it will be fried if anything is. Obviously the antenna has to be in the cage and non-functional to be shielded.

I've talked to experts. Laughing it off seems to be in vogue right now, but half laugh it off because any Faraday cage a prepper is likely to have won't be enough due to EM saturation. The other half say that most electronics and infrastructure will survive a Carrington event or EMP attack and so prepping is useless for that reason. These are pros who study this issue in a national security context, with very strong technical backgrounds. They all sound so sure that anyone who knows the science agrees with them.

So imo it's worth preparing for because a lot of the middle ground between those two groups is a disaster that is really bad and that we can prep for.
>>
>>1226866
Is putting your electronics in a microwave good enough? What about a bog standard steel safe? Also, you could probably make a few disposable ADC modules attached to your antenna so you can feed them through optocouplers and back into DACs, so you only fry the disposable electronics.
>>
>>1226859
Not interested in pot, too old for that.

I am actually interested in growing strawberries or tomatoes or chilis. Not even to save money, just for the hell of seeing stuff grow.

I have become my grandparents
>>
>>1226859
energy storage and solar generation tfw

>>1226866
>Leaving your ham radio and antenna set up all the time is great, but it will be fried if anything is
Still true if tube-based?
Also, istr that IC-based equipment that's powered down is less likely to be damaged than equipment that's powered up.

>>1226960
Those are all pretty easy to grow, and effort translates almost directly into additional yield.
>>
>>1226979
>Still true if tube-based?
Just ask the Soviets, they were using tubes in their aircraft for a decade after the Americans stopped for that reason. Apparently.
>>
>>1226868

I'm not an expert myself. Like I said, I've talked to them, and they're all over the map on how much if anything is enough. It seems like the only consensus is that EMP is no big deal, but they all believe so for contradictory reasons and nobody even acknowledges that there are differences of opinion on the subject.

I will say that the enclosure you use depends on the frequencies you expect, but I don't know enough to shit up a thread with speculation.
>>
>>1227855
I'm enough of a physics student to consider simulating the EMP from a nuclear blast, I might get on that eventually.
>>
>>1227915

The issue is not the direct emp from the warhead, but instead a cascading effect in the ionosphere that has a huge intensity and footprint on the ground.
>>
I'm dreaming on building my own floating oceanic island nation. Slowly adding more and more land to it.
International waters so no rules apply. We will raid mainland to steal sand and earth for our nation. And it will all float on magnolia roots so it will self repair.

What kind of people could I theoretically convince to go there? Wanna be ecologists that want to save the ocean? Political dissidents? Artists?
>>
>>1230366
Pirate radioeers, regular pirates, me and my insane posse if we manage to steal a nuclear submarine.
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.