[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to fix this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170702_101547.jpg (441KB, 1340x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_101547.jpg
441KB, 1340x1008px
My favorite jacket has 2 spots on the stitching where the thread has come un-sewed. Is there anyway i can fix this, or do something to prevent it getting worse?
>>
>>1202879
Cut the loose thread and go back over the line with another stitch.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (540KB, 1340x1008px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
540KB, 1340x1008px
>>1202879
>>
>>1202947
For that to work, wouldnt i need to go through the same hole on those green dots? To drag the loose thread through? Otherwise id just have the extra length of thread hanging out, waiting to snag something and make a bigger mess.

I appreciate the high-effort picture though.
>>
>>1202919
this.
What you have there is a running stitch. it will continue to pull out unless you hold it back in with another stitch.
I cut the thread in half, then with a needle pull it back somewhere close to where it's coming out. That keeps the loose end from catching.
>>
File: home-needles.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
home-needles.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
>>1202972
you can do it if you are careful
you can also use a machine needle
>deliver the string from bottom
>remove the string from the needle (keep the needle in place)
>move the string around the thread
>place it back to the needle
>pull the needle back with the string
>>
>>1202919
This is the easiest way. If you really want to get fancy, pull the old stitch out a bit, and reef knot the new stitch into the old stitching.

But for the most part just going over the old one will be fine.

>>1202997
who the fuck that can't sew has machine needles hanging around

fucking just go get some dollar store sewing kit, sewing by hand is ez pz for little repairs like this
>>
>>1203629
you can buy them doh
>>
>>1203659
conventional needles are vastly cheaper and more common
>>
>>1203686
well you can also use a conventional needle as told
I don't understand all this laziness and hobo level poorness
>>
Just take it to one of those places where they do alterations and shit, they'll probably have it done within 2 minutes and it'll be cheap as fuck, don't listen to the /diy/ braintrust you'll fuck it up.
>>
>>1203686
Sharing needles is even better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.