[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boiling water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: 61WWLfIbXYL._SY355_.jpg (13KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61WWLfIbXYL._SY355_.jpg
13KB, 355x355px
Best way to make a small water boiler? Amount of water needed to be boiled around 2-5 dl.
Ofcourse I could just buy an old tabletop water boiler and take it apart but I want to make it from scratch. Safety is important too so no suicide boilers.
I have an arduino at my disposal.
>>
>>1202757

First idea off the top of my head is kinda crazy, but that's where great ideas sometimes originate: could you use the arduino as a base to fab a tiny microwave? There's another thread where anon is making his own keypad, so that work is already in progress.
>>
How would one make a SAFE immersion heater.
>>
>>1202757
you want it hot or you want it boiling?
I think the most efficient way is pressurizing it and heating a little
>>
>>1202769
>depressurizing
>>
>>1202769
Sorry for mixed messages. Ideal water temp is 90 celcius.
>>
>>1202757
>dl

What is this measurement?
>>
>>1202799
deciliters I guess.
>>
>>1202757
>Safety is important too so no suicide boilers.
get an aquarium heater, or if you really want, put a thermocouple at the base and have a arduino control the element
>>
>>1202757
>tabletop water boiler
>dl
>safety is important
Yuropoor detected
>>
>>1202767
earth the metal part
thermally insulate the bit you pick it up by
keep it low-powered enough that it won't overheat when run dry

lol @ anyone who pulls a jug of boiling water over by the cord, picks the iron up by the hot bit, or puts it down and burns their countertop. school of hard knocks, bitches.
>>
File: heater.jpg (6KB, 282x468px) Image search: [Google]
heater.jpg
6KB, 282x468px
>>1202757
>arduino meme
insulating container, portable immersion heater, adjustable thermostat for 90C, contact-thermoswitch for safety: minimum complexity, maximum efficiency. fully illegal, insurance will ruin you. add mechanical timer and have nearby fire extinguisher.
>>1202759
>tiny microwave
"Due to the magnetic wave action during the heating, after water absorb electromagnetic energy, moisture occurs bizarre oscillation ,collision, and after friction, the water rising temperatures
Through special panels put chlorine converted into hypochlorite, play a role in disinfection and sterilization." $3.03 / piece
>>
>>1202816
why would you post a chinese dildo
>>
>>1202809
The only reference to decametres I ever saw was in a burger textbook. Not a thing in my metric using country.
>>
>>1202826
Deciliters are a very common thing in europe. Where the hell do you live?
>>
>>1202827
cc must be more common, litre is non standard
>>
File: Reheating foods.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Reheating foods.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>1202757
>no suicide boilers
>>
>>1202837
why do all russians have wall carpets
>>
>>1202757
The immersion heater pictured can boil a mug of water in less than two minutes.
Comes in 12V and 230V versions.
>>
>>1202839
Because thats where carpets is supposed to go.
>>
>>1202842
... there is nothing like the feeling of a Persian carpet below your naked feet
they also lack the structure to carry their weights when hanged to a wall (gluing might work though)
>>
File: 9016710_R_Z001A.jpg (20KB, 768x691px) Image search: [Google]
9016710_R_Z001A.jpg
20KB, 768x691px
>>1202757
Its called a kettle retard
£5.00 off Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9016710
>>
File: nimetön.png (10KB, 481x417px) Image search: [Google]
nimetön.png
10KB, 481x417px
>>1202837
What if this was made to a permanent setup?
basically a ceramic cup, that gets the current going when placed on a surface/socket.
Ofcourse the metal parts would be insulated outside the cup.
>>
>>1203276
Isn't that just an electric kettle like >>1202852
Why do you need immersion heaters when there's those kettles anyway?
>>
>>1203276
Had this debate before and anons always point out the hexavalent chromate factor aka poisonous shit.

The other thing is those guys must have dosed that up with salt or similar to get that much conduction or perhaps they hit it with 2kv. They do post some stuff which is clearly a put up but most viewers are too ignorant to know.

>>1202852
The predecessors of these did it a different way using a live heating element under water. There was brass and nichrome wire in the water so I don't know just how bad they were.
>>
>>1203306
>Side view
>>
>>1203305
kettles have resistors (new ones have hidden resistors) so they just boil water
>>
>>1202816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViyccc2t9w
>>
>>1202839
makes the room warmer, plus it was like a status symbol in soviet days
>>
>>1202757
Cannibalize a coffee maker. Connect pipe from drip outlet to wherever you need hot water. Put requisite amount of water in tank. Turn on.

All the low water/high temp shutoffs are already incorporated into the coffee maker.
>>
File: 129.10.jpg (45KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
129.10.jpg
45KB, 680x680px
Do you guys not have these water boilers+warmers with microcontrollers that keep them warm at 90 deg C or so? They cost anything from 50 to 250 bucks.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
this ones a little complicated, but trust me, people have been doing this for a long time. Super cheap and relatively safe as long as your non-autistic.
>>
>>1202757
Go to a fucking thrift store and buy one of these. Cheap, safe, works.
>>
>>1203826
i dun wanna get carbon monoxide poisoning
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.