[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raspberry Pi 2: How to do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 298x169px
I want to make a game for my girlfriend using my Raspberry Pi 2 that has all of our experiences into a fun adventure for her to play if she gets lonely. It's been two years and we've sort of gotten distant but I want to show her that I care. I have no experience with a Raspberry Pi 2 and need a lot of help. Anyone have general links or tutorials that could be useful?
>>
Do you have experience with some sort of programming , or you going from scratch ?

Are you planing to make it 3D , 2D or use some dinky drag and drop game maker

Why does it have to be on a raspberry pi ? Why not make an executable ?

Lastly, what is the pi running (os wise) ?
>>
I've had exepricne with only programming VEX robotics and nothing else but I don't believe that would help so I'm starting from scratch. Also I'm planing to make it 2D because it's simple to do rather than the process of creating models for 3D or from the tacky copy and paste of game makers. It has to be on a Raspberry Pi since she isn't around computers often also she rather hold the game she was playing. With the Pi I could make a portable game she could take anywhere on the go (usually she's pretty active).Lastly the Pi's operating system is Raspbian with NOOBS but I can change it.
>>
>>1202702
You can use C++ with SDL. It will handle most of what you want to do (displaying graphics, handling input, sound, text rendering, etc.).

http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php
>>
>>1202702
>all of our experiences into a fun adventure for her to play if she gets lonely.

Do people like this actually exist? Hmm, I'm bored, why don't I fire up that awful piece of crap that Timmy wrote that tries to depict the time we got watermelon at the farmer's market, and that time they forgot the crazy fries.

Seriously, learning how to program a game is a wonderful thing to do, but how can this be anything but a total flop? It will only ever have one (or more likely, zero) users who will not want to mess with it more than once. And how do you put personal experiences into a fun adventure game?
>>
File: ntr.jpg (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ntr.jpg
96KB, 480x480px
>>1202702
You can use an adventure game kit. or one of those 2d game kits like löve2d
>>
>>1202702
Had you ever look at this ? https://retropie.org.uk/
It's not really what you are search, but that can be the easier way to have fun with raspberry.
And mayberm you can make your own rom.
>>
>>1202702
she's fucking black dudes, bro
>>
>>1202702
It's a general purpose computer with some handy i/o pins. Everything works the same as on a PC. This is dum thread. Give her some Bioware RPGs or The Sims so she can make everyone gay.
>>
I like how everyone is pretending your relationship isn't over. This won't help anything. Honestly it'll probably just make it worse since you'll be pissed you spent days or even weeks on something she doesn't appreciate as much as you think she should.

It's over bro. Stop wasting your life, break up with her and move on.
>>
>>1202702
>Relationship with gf getting distant
>I know! Let's start programming
You better program yourself a new gf
>>
>>1202702
>It's been two years and we've sort of gotten distant but I want to show her that I care.

Giver her flowers are something cheaper, is she doesn't come around you know it's over.

Save yourself the time and pain.
>>
>>1202702
Protip: forget the game and send her flowers on two random dates a month.
>>
the easiest way to accomplish what OP wants is to install Raspbian and look at some of the sample games written in Python. he can then copy/modify/create one for his needs. this approach should get OP a simple but functioning game in 24 hours.
>>
>>1202835
what OP wants is to save his failing relationship. Which clearly isn't going to happen since it was fucked from the start.

We should save OP the trouble of making a new thread and give him instructions on how to tie a noose, or at least advice on becoming an alcoholic
>>
>>1202840

I don't know /diy/ all that well, but could OP be a genius troll? His whole premise is pathetic, but so many replies are taking him at face value. How the fuck would you put "all of our experiences into a fun adventure" in the first place?

This board needs flags. If he's Australian it's a brilliant ruse. If he's Canadian or German he probably means it.
>>
>>1202702
use gamemaker for making simple 2d games fast to learn and not that limmiting
>>
>>1202777
Read my mind. Op can be my new comic character who is a frantic inventor who wants to reinvent his wife's love for him with autism rather than get a new bitch or just taking her to red Robin or whatever.
If op is serious do it and film her reaction at least if she dumps you the ad money on the video can fund projects.
>>
>>1202702
>my girlfriend
>It's been two years
>if she gets lonely

She's not your girlfriend, anon. You're an orbiter and I guarantee she's not lonely.
It's time to wake up.
>>
>>1203843
op should make a 2d pixelart blacked adventure-platformer game
>>
>>1203843

Boom - and destroyed
>>
>>1202702
Send her a pic of your schriveled penor. Trust me ;)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.