[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electronics painting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: wide-.jpg (154KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
wide-.jpg
154KB, 1000x500px
How do you do professional quality electronics painting?
Google and youtube tutorials only go as far as spraying them down with rattle cans which may look nice sometimes but even the smallest amount of paint often makes whatever you painted unusable.
How do i paint something with the quality of [insert custom controller service here]?
>>
Custom vinyl stickers. Also videogames are for children.
>>
>>1202618
What do you mean by unusable? Take the parts that are to be painted off first and don't paint around the exposed electronics.
>>
>>1202633
Bait
>>
>>1202636
Unusable as in even one layer of paint and a clear coat can add too much to the shell and cause buttons to rub against it.
>>
>>1202667
Dye it then
>>
>>1202679
I think you meant /dey/
>>
>>1202667
make the holes bigger
>>
>>1202667
You're paint is too thick. Get a dual action airbrush and lrn 2 thin your paints.
>>
If you have to, Use Adhesion promoter spray and propper prep for painting plastics.

These surfaces of commercial electronics arent meant to be painted and any attempt to will look like shit at any distance. Vinyl wrap them like:
>>1202633
>>
>>1202618

Lots of great collaboration in this thread, but I can add some info. A year or two ago anon wanted to paint his computer fans to be like professional gaming fans, and it was a good thread except for the usual trolling. Does this board have a good archive? If so, search for "gaming fans"; there might be lots of gaming fan threads, so you might need to also look for "painting" in your sub-search.
>>
>>1202637
What bait? He's right. Only fat retards dream with video games as an adult.
>>
>>1202618
Get model paint and use an air brush.
>>
>>1202687
Dual action airbrushes are made for artists who actually airbrush paint. A single action like a paasche H and some masking tape will be fine for something like this at a fraction of the cost. You might even say that a single action is better for this because you want a consistent amount of paint for even coverage.
>>
For a Video game console and controller you should diss assemble the casing from the main components before you prime or prep. there are tutorials online for that.

prep your surface for paint, a good coat of primer is essential.

mask off the areas where you don't want paint to go, generally inside the case, in vent holes, cd slot, ect....

either take a rattle can or an air brush and spray on your colors, multiple light coats are better then one heavy coat.
>>
>>1202667
use a dental pick to scrape off the paint around buttons

alternatively, use fucking masking tape you retardo
>>
>quality electronics painting
that's not a thing. painting colored plastic is never going to be as good as just getting colored plastic parts
>>
>>1203067
if your paint is good and applied evenly (THIN UR PAINTS) itll be fine

just look at warham nerds
>>
>>1203070
>itll be fine, just look at warham nerds
It'll be better than fine, it'll look great, until you touch it and then it will look like shit because it's a stupid thing to do
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>1202633
>videogames are for children
>>
Real help;
Go to/m/.
Look for the gunpla/plamo general.
Tell them you need a rundown on painting techniques.
That is the one place on this entire site that will give you real instructions on achieving a factory-like finish on painted plastic.

Protip: it is labor intensive. You will become one with the sandpaper.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.