[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Novel Anti-Bird Tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Words.jpg (955KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Words.jpg
955KB, 2592x1456px
I have started to grow fruit bushes and trees but the birds have gotten to them for the most part.

Right now I don't mind because they amuse me but in future I might want to harvest the fruit, in which case 'll want to keep the birds off.

Obviously I can put nets around stuff but does anyone have any fun or novel methods that they use?
>>
Get a cat
>>
>>1202338
Probs will at some point as they are also amusing.
We have loads of cats around here already though and the bastards always shit in my lawn. The birds don't seem to care.
Besides, I'd still like them to come and eat seeds I put out, just not my fruit.
>>
File: IMG_6042.jpg (141KB, 618x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6042.jpg
141KB, 618x640px
>>1202321
I hang old cds with fishing line in my fruit trees. The sun hits and reflects off them and scares the birds. Also aluminum pie tins work well too.
>>
>>1202360
>things that scare birds

That only works for a short time then they don't care.

>>1202321
A turret that automatically tracks birds and shoots at them. It can fire a stream of water or airsoft pellets or .50cal, whatever. There's a water version for deer already.
>>
>>1202321
My grandfather used a net mounted on metal poles to protect his blueberry patch. It worked wonderfully
>>
>>1202387
>That only works for a short time then they don't care.

Like with scarecrows, it's best to put bird deterrents out just as the first ripe fruits of the harvest are being attacked and then move them around every couple of days until the harvest is over, and then put the deterrent away after harvest so the birds will forget about it.
>>
>>1202360
spray everything with goose chase. Birds hate it, and your garden will smell like grape soda.
>>
>>1203032
But wont that just attract Jamal?
>>
File: 1498517240475.jpg (31KB, 457x469px) Image search: [Google]
1498517240475.jpg
31KB, 457x469px
>>1203133
that's what a dog is for.
>>
>>1202811
Agreed. Used to do this with the innards of cassette tapes, same thing. Birds are very good with patterns, if something stays the same they learn that it's not a threat.
>>
>>1202321
scarecrow
>>
>>1202321
> fun or novel methods that they use?
shoot them with an airgun
>>
>>1202321
Plastic toy snakes. Dead serious try it if you haven't. Stick them all around the colorful ones from the dollar store will do.
>>
File: scarecrow spinner.jpg (16KB, 222x266px) Image search: [Google]
scarecrow spinner.jpg
16KB, 222x266px
Pic related seem to be quite helpful at deterring birds, just cut a few bottles so they catch the wind and spin easily on the stick. I think they work even better when you paint some big spooky looking eyes on them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.