[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Stoves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: FT23O8DGXL5OZRW.jpg (382KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
FT23O8DGXL5OZRW.jpg
382KB, 1280x960px
What is a good can stove design?
>>
One that doesn't set you on fire, leak, weigh too much, or break after one use
>>
A stainless billy, mug, frying pan and a fire.
t. Huntingfag.
>>
I bring food that doesn't need cooking.
>>
>>1202080
I shoot and cook food that doesn't need bringing
>>
>>1202053
would this melt?
>>
File: DSCN3949b.jpg (2MB, 3072x4600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3949b.jpg
2MB, 3072x4600px
>>1202053
>>
>>1203049
a camping stove designed to be
1. made out of trash
2. enormous
3. easy to tip over
genius
>>
>>1203050
>easy to tip over

Why would be stepping over a stove?
>>
>>1203040
Not allowed in most state/national parks. I camp to wake up where I want to be, not idle like a shitter.
>>
>>1203050
>1. made out of trash
it is a selling point
>2. enormous
limit is the can size
>3. easy to tip over
you can place rocks among it or place in soil
>>
>>1203060
You don't need to answer #3. People who walk over stoves need to land in the fire for being a moron.
>>
>>1203054
>why would you be touching a stove
to cook food on it
>you can place rocks among it or place in soil
it's 3 cans high, just dig a fire pit at that point, fuck
>>
>>1203063
I don't know why anyone thinks that thing takes a kick to push over
>>
File: Veggies and Ham - 2min.webm (3MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
Veggies and Ham - 2min.webm
3MB, 160x120px
>>1203050
>made out of trash

I think that's the point of this entire thread.

>enormous

It is only 2.5lbs and easily stowed on a pack.

>easy to tip over

I thought the same thing. Then I cooked a little over 50 meals on it in the past year or so. I still feel the urge to install some eye bolts for guy wires to stabilize it (I will on version 3). Only it is steady, even in the wind, and I've never once bumped it. Then again, clumsy people find ways of causing accidents regardless of design or feature.
>>
>>1203071
>only 2.5lbs
that's enormous and you know it
>I thought the same thing
I've driven 50 miles not wearing a seat belt, doesn't make it a good idea
>>
>>1203049

That thing is fucking enormous.
Cool in a semi permanent camp situation, but shit for literally everything else.
>>
>>1203071
>It is only 2.5lbs and easily stowed on a pack.

>2.5lb without including fuel and firestarting equipment

At that point you might as well carry a propane stove... It's probably going to be smaller AND lighter.
>>
>>1203083
Base camp cooking is all it is intended. I've even cooked a whole chicken with it during home testing.

>>1203075
>>1203087
>2.5lb is a lot

Sure thing, kid.
>>
>>1203087
Rocket stoves easily burn small twigs and shit. Not having to carry fuel is definitely in the plus column. But no, it's not ultralight.

>>1203050
I'd put fold-down tripod legs on it, personally. If it's a base camp stove, I'd expect there to be kids and dogs around at some point.
>>
>>1203208
how hot does the outer layer become?
>>
>>1203330
You can still get burned.
>>
Mine's just made of a large can a used photocopier drum with hole cut out which an open ended beans tin sits in. It's pretty light weight because it has no insulation, I just find mole hills and pack the insides with dirt, works pretty well, gets hot enough to melt aluminium.
But there are defiantly lighter stoves you could take with you, these are better for camping in one place for a few nights.
>>
>>1203044
no
>>
>>1203349
mine is made out cargo container metal. it's perfect for cooking my imitation crab meat
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.