[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to heat a small room with high ceilings cheaply?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 199lrxrgk60nsjpg.jpg (61KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
199lrxrgk60nsjpg.jpg
61KB, 800x450px
How to heat a small room with high ceilings cheaply?
>>
Heatpump always.
Cheaper in the long run. (Unledd you live in the forest and have acess to a LOT of lumber pr something like that
>>
>>1201810
Renting. There's central heating in the house with gas but I think that uses alot of money and it emits from all the ducts even rooms that aren't being used.
>>
Are these real? http://www.bywayofbicycle.com/the-candle-powered-space-heater/
>>
>>1201814
Sure it's real but you can't just multiply heat magically. It's just a tea candle.
>>
>>1201814
but burning a candle already heats the room, this only restricts the heat to a small area can be good as a feet hand warmer
>>
>>1201812
The whole house needs to be kept at a minimum temperature to prevent pipes freezing and such. Dress warmer. Get a kigirumi and steep in your farts.
>>
Use painter's plastic to create a false ceiling so you don't have to heat all that space.
>>
>>1201808
>high ceilings
cold feet? slooow ceiling fan.
>>
I really like Vornado space heaters, they blow air in a long column to keep room circulation going and heat the room instead of a small radius around the heater. Set them at one corner, point them up towards the opposite wall mid-way or so, after an hour the room is nice and warm. I got one from Target for under 100 bucks a few years ago when I lived in an ice-cold rental and it really helped.
>>
If you have rooms that you don't use, you can buy magnetic covers for the registers. Don't block too many though or it will can fuck up your furnace.

Other than that you pick your poison for heating source. Electric is the easiest but usually the most expensive. Kerosene isn't super cheap and stinks when you turn it on or off but puts out a ton of heat quickly. Propane is usually expensive and requires ventilation. Natural gas is usually the cheapest but requires plumbing the gas in.

So get an electric space heater and warm the area you're in and dress warmer or turn up the heat in the house.
>>
ghetto kotatsu, radiant heat element set to 300-500w and tied to a thermometer mounted under your desk, blanket over the top trailing to floor, ikea desktop over the top
>>
>>1201836
>Use painter's plastic
if you can get a roll of bubble wrap even better.
but be very careful with heating a temporary and lets face it, volatile, structure.
don't leave heaters unattended or go to sleep with them on.
dress warmly, hide under blankets.
>>
>>1201867
how energy efficient are they? how many watts? I have a $60 gift voucher so I'm pretty sure I'll get this.
>>
Just lower your ceiling.
>>
>>1202117
Well, they're electric heating elements so ~100% efficient.
>>
>>1201808
Get a small heater and a fan. Put heater Infront of fan and put on low
>>
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/heating-cooling-air-treatment/heating/electric-heaters?dir=asc&order=price which heater should I get? I have a $60 gift voucher.
>>
>>1202194
what kind of heater and what kind of fan (I have a tall one)
>>
Ceiling fans make a huge difference.
>>
What room?
Bed?
Living?

I highly recommend an electric blanket for those.

Bit trickier if it's a working space for art or electronics or something
>>
Need to warm a small-ish bedroom (about 3.5m x 3.5m) with higher than normal ceilings. Will a convector with fan (ie this http://www.harveynorman.com.au/heating-cooling-air-treatment/heating/electric-heaters/goldair-2000w-convector-heater.html) work better than a oil-fin heater?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.