[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Window treatments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170629_224924.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170629_224924.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Got some bare windows in my new place and cannot settle on what I want to do with them. These are east facing so I definitely want blackout capabilities. How would you /diy/?
>>
> What are curtains
>>
curtains, blinds or buy a sheet of car window tint.
This isnt thread worthy OP.
>>
I hang up blankets and cardboard over mine so my cunt of a neighbor doesn't try and watch me when I'm jerking off.
>>
>>1201703

I love that propeller on the wall. Is it from a real plane or some kind of art?

>>1201739
>This isnt thread worthy OP.

I think this is better than lots of garbage like the threads about buying 20 tons of aluminum or making a personal submarine.
>>
>>1201747
>propeller

Anon stop drinking, the picture is sideways
>>
>>1201747
You are quite possibly more retarded than OP.
>>
This is really more of an interior design question than a diy question I guess. Just trying to figure out the right colors, materials, textures
>>
Considering it's a bedroom, try curtains. Maybe dark ones to contrast with the walls and ceiling.
>>
What depth do you have on the sill?

My person opinion is to buy Blackout cellular shades and then get some sheer or light filtering curtains.

That will give you the most utility and best aesthetic. The cellular shades do the lions share for blocking sun and then the curtains can be used to let in some light while still giving you some privacy.

Also if you do curtains, do 2 panels and set the curtain rod a decent amount wider than the window. I always see people put the damn things too narrow. You can also put them higher if the curtain is long enough to give the illusion of a much bigger window when they are closed.
>>
>>1201792
>possibly

I think we have enough proof to see clearly that he is.
>>
jesus christ this fucking thread WTF

From op to the fucking propeller boy over there Imma fucking kill myself.

This board needs nuked
>>
>>1201703
Plastidip it
>>
If you had a nice shipping container bunker like you're supposed to you wouldn't have this problem.
>>
>>1201871
Sill is about 4 inches deep. Thank you for not wanting to kill me ;_;
>>
Make your own Roman shades ya dingus
>>
File: unnamed.gif (1MB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
1MB, 429x343px
>>1202052
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.