[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rocket stove/pizza oven/grill [ALL IN ONE]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: Rocket stovepizza ovengrill.jpg (3MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket stovepizza ovengrill.jpg
3MB, 3988x3988px
I was watching some YT videos about rocket stoves. And then I saw that people even make rocket pizza ovens: https://youtu.be/3UJSeUSthfk

Then I googled for a pizza oven/stove combo, but I couldn't find anything. So, naturally, I designed my own in Sketchup.

The idea is that in one place you can bake pizza, bread, grill meat, and cook meals. There are good outdoors kitchens that can do the same but they take a lot more space. Therefore my main goal when designing this was to make fuel efficient outdoor kitchen that would take as little space as possible. Did I succeed at this?

What do you faggots think about my design? Would it work irl?
>>
>>1201470
The way a pizza oven works is by using the stored heat the walls to cook the food. You make a fire in the oven, leaving the door open, reduce fire to hot coals, scrape everything out, dust it with flour, toss in the pizza, close the door for a few minutes (2-4 mins), retrieve the fully cooked pizza, and repeat with another pizza. When the temps inside start to fall you switch to baking breads or other foods. Normally, you plan out several meals and make them all at once until the heat runs out, which can be a long long time depending on the size of the oven.

Now, your design has a chimney in the pizza oven. For pizza use, you'd need to close that off so there's no air inlet or outlet during pizza-cooking-mode.

Due to the impressive size of the masonry walls of the chimney, you'll need to heat up the flue for a long long long time, thus reducing fuel efficiency by a great deal. You need to use an insulated flue. That's a key aspect of a rocket stove; an insulated flue.
>>
Here is a cross section of the whole thing. As you can see baking chamber (oven) is separated from grilling/cooking area that is under of it.

Red circle shows place where removable brick goes. When cooking or grilling, you remove that brick so smoke can go straight into chimney above.

Green circle shows place for iron damper which closes airflow to oven when stove is in use. (this part of design is still in progress)
>>
>>1201473
If the pizza chamber can be heated up hot enough (700F-950F) then it will work fine. Remember the firebox of the rocket stove also needs to be insulated.
>>
File: tips pizza.jpg (181KB, 715x755px) Image search: [Google]
tips pizza.jpg
181KB, 715x755px
this has potential... please build this shit and post results
>>
>>1201924
Hopefully I will, eventually. For now I can only dream. Main problem is that I would have to put a lot of time and money into something that is untested and unproven. That's why I it posted here: I was hoping that people would roast my design, so I could use that feedback to improve my prototype.
>>
File: goncern.jpg (15KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
goncern.jpg
15KB, 253x199px
>>1201473
nah, the pizza oven section needs to be separate from the rest, they're like a bread oven. I think you need more headroom above the flue, just below the pizza oven, aswell.

GONSTRUGTIF GRITIZIZMS
>>
>>1201470
thats not a pizza oven thats a smoker, also looks difficult as fuck to make. Dont fall for this meme, make a proper pizza oven.
>>
File: IMG_3141.jpg (65KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3141.jpg
65KB, 612x408px
>>1201932
No OP please listen, pizza ovens work because they have hear radiating off the walls. Like the grill in your oven, your design is blowing hot smoke over the pizza. Pizza doesnt work in a smoker, trust me. Also this would be difficult as fuck to make even for an experienced brick layer.

The pizza oven design has been perfected from over a thousand years of use.
>>
File: bbq-pit.png (650KB, 640x970px) Image search: [Google]
bbq-pit.png
650KB, 640x970px
>>1201470
>>
>>1201944
>>1201951
>rocket stove
>smoker

pick one

Also learn to read the thread:
>>1201471
>>1201482
>>
I see that people don't understand how my rocket pizza oven is supposed to work here. Just watch first 15 seconds of this video and you will understand:

https://youtu.be/IkYroGqqUxg

In short: fire goes up through the heat riser and hits firebrick hearth. That makes bottom of the oven extremely hot. Still that's not the end of the journey: heat goes around the firebrick hearth and starts to climb among walls of brick dome, heating them up. Then heat comes back down towards pizza since air is pushed by newer air. Then it goes out through the exit chamber - chimney.

My design is the same as in the mentioned video. Fundamental difference is that space under the oven is bigger and it can be used for cooking/grilling.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.