[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I wanted Bluetooth on my 25 year old car's stereo. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (911KB, 3012x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
911KB, 3012x2000px
So I wanted Bluetooth on my 25 year old car's stereo.
What I did was I spliced a 12v output from the tape decks motors (the ones that make the casettes spin where there's a tape inserted), soldered them to a car to USB adapter, and soldered the output from the USB's 3,5mm jack to a spot on the tapedeck's main board where I could find audio playing.

Now my crude setup has a werind humming sound and pops and clicks in the background wich are OK but a little unnerving in between songs.

How would you improve my setup? Take into account the BT module only activates when there's a tape inserted in the deck, I have a black tape just for that purpouse, that way the deck still plays tapes and has all it's functionalities intact
>>
>>1201095
Disable the tape head maybe
>>
>>1201095
>12v output from the tape decks motors
There's your problem
That's an unregulated electric motor feed, and has no noise canceling circuit. It will draw dynamo noise to all hells and back. Not to mention the tape head running in the background collecting all sorts of ambient electromagnetic interference (just like a real tape deck, who would've thought)
>>
>>1201107
Even though it's going into a 12v converter?
I should probably relay that shit right?
>>
>>1201109
Just solder it onto the play button and use a live feed behind a simple noise canceling circuit consisting of a single capacitor and a single inductor
>>
What is a 50 dollar head unit with proper Bluetooth too expensive? Kek.
>>
>>1201113
You know you're in /diy/ right?
>>1201111
There's no play button on my tapedeck, only a on/off volume knob and a stop mechanical button.
Also can you detail the noise canceling circuit?
>>
>>1201109
The 12v converter only exacerbates the problem. Especially if it's the one shown in the picture
>>
>>1201095
>How would you improve my setup?
if i were you and i had a scope i would trace the audio path from the head and check the levels so i knew where to add the input from the bt instead of accidentally putting something designed for line level or headphones at a couple volts into a fucking preamp designed for millivolts.

maybe check your joints too.

did you check the bt quality before you started?
>>
>>1201114
Just Google "How to use Google to google DIY power filters on google with google"
>>
>>1201114
>Fucking around with a bunch of temporary, jury rigged bullshit
>Not getting a proper replacement and fixing it properly

I know where I am, do you? How much time do you want to waste fucking around trying random suggestions from people on the internet rather than using something you know will just work?
>>
>>1201095
I did the same thing to my 2003 Grand am. Took the head unit out, soldered a stripped ethernet cable to the pins for the cassette deck and got a 3.5mm connector to go to an iPod. I too would get horrible pops when connecting/disconnecting. Never had a chance to figure it out before totaling the car.

Check the solder points is my only suggestion.

Good work
>>
>>1201142
Yeah and heaven forbid he learns something along the way
>>>/out/
>>
>>1201098
Do this. Or at least pull the actual tape from the cassette so nothing hits the head. Blank tape isnt silence.
>>
>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XR3ZLJF/
$29
>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015R34LPE
$20

etc

You can just get a cheap headunit and install it yourself.
>>
They make Bluetooth cassette adapters.
>>
File: FM modulator.jpg (148KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FM modulator.jpg
148KB, 1500x1000px
>>1201095
Seems like a lot of work and uncertainty when you can just inject an audio signal into your stereo on an unused FM frequency.
>>
>>1203535
Now they even make ones that don't require hardwiring, and work with phone calls instead of just streaming audio.
>>
>>1203537
You just give it power and it converts incoming bluetooth audio into an FM signal your radio can play
>>
>>1201095
you need to isolate your audio ground from the main car ground, what your getting is noise from the alternator as feedback which you dont want.
swal out the power supply with something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Yeeco-Converter-Step-down-Transformer-Stabilizer/dp/B00N0UNJEQ/
>>
>>1201095
you can also solder a large cap to the 12V input and 5V output to offset the inductive noise being generated by the motors
>>
>>1203539
>>1203537
Garbage quality tho.

Would not recommend this method unless you're a complete retard and have no clue how to use a screw driver.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.