[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dig a trench should I use a barrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Long story short
>Had damp
>front garden had been filled in with soil and stone top.Was covering half the airbrick.
>now I've dug it all away so no more damp soil touching wall.
>but now the trench will fill with water when raining.

I don't have the time or money to dig the whole front garden out.Remove all the soil and build in some drainage for it.

Someone told me to just throw a load of pebbles where the trench is now.
I'm thinking doing this with also some sort of plastic barrier between that and the stones to protect the wall from damp.
>>
>>1201078
do it the old way: use tar
>>
>>1201081
Cant believe I completely forgot about that after only just smelling it being done on site the other week.

Do you think thats goo enough ?

And is there a specific type of stone I should use to fill the trench ?
>>
File: image.jpg (347KB, 550x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347KB, 550x411px
>>1201090
Would a bitumen paint work ?loke roofing paint ?

Or what about EPDM with the membrane.I ask because I can get this for free
>>
>>1201078
First of all where is your damp proof course?
There should be a layer of plastic or something in the bricks to stop water wicking up the walls. If its raining the ground is going to be wet there is nothing you can do about that that's what the dpc is for protecting your walls.
The holes all drilled in your wall looks like someone tried injecting silicone or some shit in to act as a dpc but usually it's done by cowboys to combat damp that is caused by something else because it doesn't really work anyway.

You can put gravel in there, smaller the better, that's why they use sand in sandbags. You can put in edpm damp proof sheet plastic stuff but usually it's not uv safe so it will turn brittle and rip easily if you leave it out on the sun. Not a problem if you cover it with gravel and shit.
Ideally of course you would lift the bloc paving and whatever the sub base and laying course is made out of and put a proper fall in the sub grade to allow water to run away from the house.
If its impermeable you should ensure where your drain can handle the extra flow
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 640x609px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 640x609px
>>1201101
Does this plastic go on the outer wall ? I've seen a netted plastic with dpc kits for the internal wall.

The holes covered in mortor was the old dpc the little holes at the bottom are done by me.

A few people said to me (who work on my construction sit)that I should just buy that kit inject it into the mortor,dig a trench and render the internal wall with a. Waterproofer.

I feel like I can't remove all the block paving yet as I can afford a skip and don't have a car to take all that stuff to the dump.

Just digging out that trench took up about 6 Bing bags.
>>
>>1201105
are you wanting rid of the block paving?
put it online someone will take it for nothing.

the plastic with the kits is to tank the wall on the inside because of how shit the injection is it doesn't stop the damp coming in.

have a read of this http://www.pavingexpert.com/dpc01.htm.

dpc could just be engineering bricks, should be fine if you assume dpc is just under air brick leave enough of a gap.

probably someone put this block paving in without considering the height causing damp inside, whoever was called in just drilled, filled collected and bolted before anyone realised they hadn't addressed the actual cause.

just keep it 150mm/6inch below bottom of the air brick you'll be fine.
>>
>>1201123
It's not just the blocks what's the problem it's all the soil what I would need to remove as well.

And yeh I got told it was just someone cowboy following orders.They wanted the garden that way and that's what they got.

I was actually looking on replacing the air rocks as well but I'm thinking that's over kill
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.