[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plumbtard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170628_172245.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_172245.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
My bathroom sink drains super slow so I tried plunging it and this came up with what smelled like sewer gas. It's still draining slow. Pic related is what comes up

The only things I can think that are the problems are: no safety drain on sink, the roof vent is clogged or some other air flow problem, or a mega clog. The bathtub drains slow as well
>>
This might sound silly...
But try using a strong drain cleaner?
>>
>>1201033
remove the drain completely and use a good one
>>
>>1201038
Is this not a good drain? Like I said I am completely ignorant about this.

>>1201034
Is there any guranteed is a clog though?
>>
File: IMG_20170628_173333.jpg (2MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_173333.jpg
2MB, 4048x3036px
>>
File: IMG_20170628_173349.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_173349.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
>>
>>1201045
Drano or whatever called in your place should work
but dismantle the drain, clean all pieces and place them back if you want to do it properly
>>
>>1201042
>Is there any guranteed is a clog though?
Get the chemicals, get God sort out the details.
>>
did you clear the trap, you big idiot?
>>
>>1201033
If you've got more than one drain going slow, and you were able to pull shit like that up by plunging, then you have a major clog somewhere. If it's only the sink and tub that drain slowly, the clog is in a pipe that both of those feed into. Find the best way to access it and auger that mother fucker out.

Don't use chemicals, they're not necessary and depending on what pipes you have they can cause damage. Auger it. Good chance it's a hair clog.
>>
>>1201060
The toilet, washing machine, kitchen sink all drain fine, so it's probably the bathroom
>>
File: IMG_1294.jpg (72KB, 593x646px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1294.jpg
72KB, 593x646px
>>1201045
Put a bucket under the PVC trap (circled red) and unscrew the nuts. As long as you're not a fag, you won't need tools. Dump the trap and get all the scum out. Check the tailpiece (vertical chrome & grey pipe) and pop up for hair, and clean as necessary. Next, get an augur and feed it down the pipe in the wall (black arrow). There are plenty of Jewtube videos showing how to do it the right way. After you're done, put the trap back together, and pour a gallon of white vinegar down the drain and let it sit for an hour. Then run your how water for a while and it should be good.
>>
>>1201070
Thank you for posting a reply that doesn’t involve chemicals and requires the use of common sense
>>
>>1201070
I had mentioned above that both tub and sink drain slow, is it further down? I have a snake should I pull it apart at the wall and snake it from there?
>>
>>1201089
Are you married or have a girlfriend? Bitches shed like crazy, and usually they are to blame. My bet would be two separate clogs in the tub and sink. Tubs and sinks are usually across from each other and don't directly tie into the same line until further away, but then again, I don't know the layout of your bathroom. Post pic of your tub so I can get a better idea of how you should proceed.
>>
>>1201129
Yeah it's """our""" house
>>
For the love of God, use a zip strip. Cheaper and safer than drain cleaner, and it'll actually clear the drain. They're both clogged because her hair is in both drains. Zip strip. Period.
>>
File: PsychoDrainCleaner.jpg (68KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
PsychoDrainCleaner.jpg
68KB, 600x338px
>>1201163
>>
>>120116
I have one and it didn't pull up shit
>>1201045 look against the wall by the cold water
>>
>>1201165
Messed up the tag, see >>1201208
>>
>>1201165
I love those little things. You can just swirl them around in the toilet to get the hair off them and reuse them.
>>
It's going to be clogged somewhere after the sink and bathtub connect.
Fill bathtub with hot water then unstop the tub. The hot water will listen things up and the weight of the water will help to dislodge the call. This will not help if the drain is 100% clogged. This will only fix most partial clogs. If this doesn't take care of it call a plumber.
>>
>>1202432
I was cleaning out my basement and found some draino and put it down the tub, that too care of that. The sink is still slow but it's bubbling so I'll have to get up on the roof and check the vent otherwise there's something between the sink and where the tub meet

Does the fact that it has no safety drain for air make a difference?
>>
>>1201163
If the problem is frequent then it is likely that she has lost a pin or needle into the sink, a common problem. This tiny piece gets stuck and then accumulates hair like crazy turning it into a hideous mess. Drano removes the hair but not the pin, so the problem quickly returns.

You need to get that metal out.
>>
>>1203027
I bought Dr. Bronners soap and it coincided with the slow draining so I think it was my fault for using /out/ meme soap.

I'm going to take the sink apart and clean it
>>
The safety drain isn't for air. Air can be easily displaced into the other end of the pipe, along with the water.
A safety drain is so that if you are filling your sink to wash hair or scrub something etc. and get distracted, there is a drain to keep it from flooding your bathroom. Or if you are filling a vase or bucket that covers the drain and get distracted.
>>
File: 2017-07-03-14-45-09-2122819041.jpg (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-03-14-45-09-2122819041.jpg
2KB, 225x225px
>>1203028
Licenced plumber here, if it still backs up have a plumber run a snake in, be sure to tell him what kind of acid it is as we wont run cable with certain chemicals in the line.

Here is a good tool to have, use it on all your drains and save the hassle for the future it's called a zipper and can be bought at most hardware stores
>>
>>1203546
I dumped Drano down the sink and it definitely got faster, there's air bubbles coming up though so I still think it's either in the vent pipe or further down. The sink is next to the toilet and the toilet is fine, so is the tub now that I dranod that too.
>>
>>1202970
>Does the fact that it has no safety drain for air make a difference?
No, you fucking retard. The only reason for an overflow is so the sink doesn't do exactly what the name suggests. A "clogged roof vent" wouldn't even cause slow draining because that's not what the fuck the purpose is
>>
>>1203546
>Licenced illiterate fucking retard here

First of, "licensed", you fucking mong. Secondly, he already fucking said he tied that shit. What are you, some kind of shill? Look at the fucking picture. You can literally see it.
>>
>>1201079
Chemicals are still adviced though.

They work great if you let them sit long enough to do the job.

Also if removing the trao doesnt work they probably are your only option.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.