[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Remodel shit house Ideas on what to do with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ISyvq9tgtr61nq1000000000.jpg (82KB, 572x768px) Image search: [Google]
ISyvq9tgtr61nq1000000000.jpg
82KB, 572x768px
> Remodel shit house

Ideas on what to do with this?
>>
File: lay.png (42KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
lay.png
42KB, 588x437px
>>1201015
Layout from the county.
>>
>>1201015
how much is it worth compared to the rest of the street/bock? don't go too crazy, i remodeled the shit out of a house in a crackhead location and lost a lot of $$. nobody wants to live in a crackhead location.
>>
>>1201015
I liked it except the abomination on the roof
>>
Look, it's the house version of just fuck my shit up

Now that that's out of the way. Is that real brick or """"""brick"""""" """""""""plating""""""""""
>>
>>1201039
If I can get it for half of the asking, it is in a nicer area that I wouldn't mind living in for a couple of years.

>>1201043
The house needs gutted and the upstairs has a shit lay out.

>>1201047
The house is brick.
>>
Curb appeal, if I was driving by - meh and keep on going. Completely gut the landscaping the pine on the left and the hedges on the right may have been a good idea to someone but they need to go. Add some color to make things more inviting.
Get rid of the damn dish, awnings and fancy up the dormer.
>>
What's your budget?
>>
>>1201094
I'm thinking about $60k in the remodel.

Currently thinking
- $7000 - heating/cooling
- $3000 - dry wall and dry wall related
- $5000 - flooring
- $10000 - roof
- $10000 - a nice bathroom
- $10000 - decent small kitchen
- $10000 - new windows
- $5000 in misc trim and stupid things around the house
>>
>>1201092
I was thinking leave the tree and move the bushes to the front to block the view from the road. There is very little 'curb appeal' to this home. I just want something that would be cheap enough in case i want to straight quit my job and not work for a couple of years.
>>
>>1201153
Why are you spending this much money on this home?
Are you going to live in it for the next 20 years?
>>
>>1201153
That's wayyyy too much.

AC should be half that. Flooring should be $2 a sqft, not $4. Roof can be done for $5000 easily. Windows are $100-150 each, you've probably got 8-10 windows in the whole home.

I do rental homes, so my criteria is a bit different, but a full remodel shouldn't be more than 15-20k.
>>
>>1201218
Houses around it go for more than I would put into it + what I would pay for it even in a bad market.

>>1201226
The heating and cooling would be to replace everything. Friend of mine just got an energy efficient heating and cooling system that is really nice for about $7000. The back of the house has like a hillbilly sun room with a lot of larger windows. I guess I was just budgeting high to make things actually nice, not just livable/rentable.

Next question, how would you make a square room feel like square-ish? That has been one of my bigger complaints now about the layout of the house I'm in. Everything is a boring square on top of another boring square.
>>
>>1201237
Do you plan on doing most of the work yourself, or are you using a contractor?

Where are you getting the AC unit from? We always source ours directly from the supplier and then pay a local guy to install it. All your large AC shops in town rape you on new units.
>>
>>1201241
Heating and cooling related, I was just going to pay. Don't really know much about it and didn't want to deal with it desu.

Electrical, my brother is an electrician so I could either hire him/his company or see if he'll help/supervise me doing it.

Any of the other work, I feel I can read or find resource on the internet to figure out if I haven't done it before.
>>
>>1201245
If you're going to DIY, your estimates are way over. Without labor, you could do everything you said for 10-15k.

You can pay a premium for AC work from a big company, or you can buy the unit yourself and pay a contractor to install it. We've always had good luck with our AC contractors. The markup on units alone when you buy from the bigger companies is 40-50%.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.