[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building Duplexes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4574745756487653456.jpg (100KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4574745756487653456.jpg
100KB, 1200x1200px
Whats up guys, so my brother and I have 3 plots of land and are thinking about building a two story duplex on each lot. We already own the properties. I am wondering (if anyone here has built their own) how much it would run us to build it ourselves. Any information on the subject would help greatly, thanks.
>>
>>1200396
About $80k a piece if you're talking a complete home (central heat/air, appliances, fixtures, etc).
Just a decent sized a/c unit will run $5k.
$40k if you did EVERYTHING yourself and skimped on quality products.
>>
>>1200396
this is WILDLY dependent on location, as code, price of materials, etc.,varies considerably. and if you're gonna do duplexes to rent out, i guarantee you don't have the experience needed to do this right in order to not end up being sued by renters.
>>
File: hoodratBJ.jpg (115KB, 504x672px) Image search: [Google]
hoodratBJ.jpg
115KB, 504x672px
>>1200396
Just don't rent to any niggers. Trust me, I own 9 rental properties and only one black family didn't destroy the place...
>>
Don't go with nice shit it'll always get fucked up.

Look into laws for your area everyone is different.

Ensure your zoned for the build.

Unless you're living there, sacrifice a unit for a property manager. They will need storage for maintenance supplies.

Charge damage deposit.
>>
Make sure you insulate the apartment divider be3tter than the rest of the house so that the resident's won't notice they're living in a cardboard box likely to keel over at the slightest gust of wind
>>
>>1200396

It would be a massive undertaking.

In my experience as a residential electrician who just finished a bunch of duplex townhomes:

In a perfect world, with no major fuck ups, no late deliveries, and no last minute changes, a professional concrete, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, drywall, and paint crew could probably get a house done in a month give or take. I presume youve never had to to build things to code before, so it will probably take you at least a year per building, and thousands of dollars in re-inspection fees
>>
>>1200689
this a had a floor plan for a duplex and it would run me 175k-200k in my area I saw someone else mention 80k in here
>>
>>1200693
I thought this was common sense.
>>
>>1200396
If you know how to build a home, and have experience doing it, then you can make some money. That's all I know.
>>
>>1200396
It would be cheaper to build as many of the units together as possible. Look at building a fourplex at least. You can get a standard FHA loan for up to a fourplex if you intend to live in one of the units for at least the first year.
>>
>>1200693
I hate to say it, because I'm not /pol/, but this is good advice. every time I've rented to blacks (northern colorado, where there are few of them) they have DESTROYED the place and then complained when I don't give them their deposit back.
>>
>>1201344
I've had horrible experience with lesbian couples. They always have relationship problems which end up being my problem somehow. I'll either start getting late rent because they broke up or they'll just up and leave after a breakup because neither can afford rent on their own. I don't even run the applications of lesbians anymore.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.