[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you vacuum bag an alarm clock will you be unable to hear it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0002.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
If you vacuum bag an alarm clock will you be unable to hear it?
>>
>>1200341

you would still hear it because vacuum bag does not create a vacuum like a vacuum chamber it just mean putting it inside a condom
>>
>>1200341
Of course you would you idiot, the alarm is in contact with the plastic and would move around making noise. There would be no vaccume around it as the plastic clings to it. Retard
>>
>>1200341
The vacuum bag will stick to the surface of the clock so there won't be a vacuum between the clock and the exterior of the bag. Also the vacuum crated by a vacuum cleaner is extremely far from a perfect vacuum.

Don't post stupid questions on /diy/ again, we have stupid question threads for something, retard.
>>
>>1200354
*interior
>>
File: hmm.png (5KB, 505x65px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
5KB, 505x65px
>>1200354
More and more pseudo threads. Recurring pattern: thread starter leaves his dropping, disappears and never communicates. Content often has a high degree of absurdity. Baitbots or biobots?
>>
>>1200386
It's (((them))) I tell ya!! They don't want us to be self sufficient, they want us all to be apartment living beige melenials. We're easier to control that way.
>>
We appreciate your cooperation.
>>
When you get called a retard for asking a question you can't find an answer to anywhere else you generally can't be fucked to carry on an 'apparently' pointless conversation
>>
Kind of related story
> be me
>have yappy little beagle named Hillary
>stopped Hillary's annoying vocalizations one fine night by putting her in a vacuum bag

SAD!!!

>now have English blow hound named Monica
>America is great again!
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
All these geniuses still have no idea what they're talking about.
First, you don't need a "perfect" vacuum to attenuate the sound. A bell jar and basic vacuum pump can do the experiment with 20mmHg pressure.
Secondly, sound (vibration) needs a medium to travel. Air, water, or in this case plastic. The close proximity of the plastic bag sucked around the clock would act like a speaker cone, vibrating the plastic bag, the plastic bag then vibrating the outside air. The bell jar works because nothing is touching.
>>
File: ID10T.jpg (98KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ID10T.jpg
98KB, 1000x1000px
>>1200341
I imagine the armature would be immobilized by the plastic clinging tightly to it, so no you would not be able to hear it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.