[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3086.jpg (279KB, 620x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3086.jpg
279KB, 620x557px
So there's a dairy farming position that I've been begged to apply for. Pretty sure I'm the only person who's applied for it, problem is this is my 4th ever job, and first proper job.
I'm calling the guy at 1 before he heads out to get the cows, how do I become non autistic for 5 minutes?

Also general job interview thread.
>>
>>1200107
keep your mouth shut unless absolutely necessary
think about what you are saying before you say it
is how you should go in. able minded people watch, learn and adapt to fit in better with other people, mimic small parts of their language, grammar, gestures to show subconsciously that they are interested in whatever shite the other person is blabbing on about
>>
File: IMG_2898.jpg (23KB, 434x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2898.jpg
23KB, 434x339px
>>1200108
What to wear? Shirt and sweater like pic related? With some jeans and gumboots/work boots?
>>
I had a phone interview today. I tried to fake being really optimistic, meanwhile I'm like full blood pessimist where life is meaningless. I think it went pretty well.

In any case I think you should just come in wearing nice and clean stuff, like dockers khaki pants and a shit with a few buttons on the collar, but not all the way down. Plain sneakers are fine as long as they aren't like crazy red color or something that is going to get attention.
>>
File: IMG_3096.jpg (39KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3096.jpg
39KB, 485x303px
>>1200112
Show up in full PPE so they know you're a safe worker. For a dairy farming job show up in a motercycle helmet, a dust mask and overalls. Might also help to wear a tool belt filled with tools.
>>
>>1200107
Thems sheep JFI anon. They go baaaaa!, timid, generally harmless, etc. Fuck all use to a dairy farmer tho.
Cows the big fuckers that kick and bite, refuse to go where they s'posed and shit. Learn and know the difference, it could save your shins.
>>
>>1200112
>What to wear?
red high heels and a miniskirt, obv.
>>
>>1200119
I think I'll wear gumboots incase he take me around the shed (although I've already been around the place).
>>1200122
Thanks I learned something today.
>>
>>1200123
I can't think of a single worse shoe to wear, it's winter time and the paddocks are soft as fuck, not to mention the effluent up to your knees along the runway.
>>
>>1200107
Okay some more context, I've been through ag school where I was too shit and got a whole bunch of awards and government money, after that I got a milking only job close to where I live, that I quit to do some couple week jobs for a fuck ton of dollars.
But...
This is my first full time job, and my first time having to pay bills and shit. Plus I'm still a nervous autistic fuck, experience isn't a problem this shit makes sense to me.
>>
>>1200125
Yeah, but.. girls tell me, that interview get-up gets them the job, any job, every time? Might be different in the dairy branch tho.
G'luck BTW - farmers don't usually go big on senseless babble much either IME - keeping your mouth (mostly) shut as suggested prob. no bad idea.
>>
>So anon, have you worked in the dairy industry at all?
Y-you too.
>>
Alright the phone calls been made, he cut to the chase real quick, and he's asked me to come to an interview on Thursday and I've offered to do a couple morning in the shed.

But...
For some strange reason I was calm as fuck, but my voice changed, it was higher pitched and with some weird accent. Do I have to speak funny from now on?
>>
>>1200143
You dun goofed anon, just don't do it again. Maybe he'll forget about your voice tomorrow or think it was the phone. You can't do that again, also congrats on the interview.
>>
Sounds like you have some knowledge. If he cut to the chase he is busy. Go in dressed reasonable. I interview a lot and guys who talk a lot I don't trust. They tend to talk themselves out of work. Never fall behind him as he walks. I do a quick tour and walk very fast. If I have to wait on the tour I assume he is slow in every thing and the interview is pretty much over. I just want people who work hard when I am not next to them. He isn't expecting a great speaker. Offer to work hard and tell him you will do whatever he needs.
>>
>>1200165
to:dr Be a cuck
>>
>>1200143
He's gonna fuck you
>>
File: GranpaDog&Sheeps.jpg (656KB, 620x4400px) Image search: [Google]
GranpaDog&Sheeps.jpg
656KB, 620x4400px
>>1200107
>>
>>1200143
Dairy coo's are fairly tame beasts really, though you do get the odd one in a bad mood or just a bit of a cunt of an animal.
They like being talked to quietly, classical music and HATE talk back radio

Wear gumboots and anything you can live with being covered in shit
>>
>>1200112
In situations where it might be hard to predict what to wear I tend to wear breddy normal clothes. And take the special stuff in the car with me. If there is a tour time I just ask what would be appropriate to wear as I have work clothes and boots in the trunk.
>>
>>1200143
>Do I have to speak funny from now on?
Phones have very low quality audio, and even if they didn't he's not interviewing you for a voice acting job. Just talk normally, and he shouldn't even notice anything.
>>
>>1200107
As to what to wear for a farm hand position...
shirt, jeans, and work boots.

I own 100 acres and have two guys who work for me. During breeding season Ill hire a third to pick up the slack. I want to walk around and talk with you. If you dress too nice, you're going to get them dirty.

Part of the interview is presenting how well you can consider the position you're applying for.

You wouldnt wear a suit and tie with freshly shined oxford dress shoes for an interview at mcdonalds.

Wearing your dress shoes to a working farm just shows a lack of forsight on your part.

Wear a clean ironed dress shirt, clean jeans without holes or rips or gratuitous stains, and cleaned up work boots that arent caked in mud or grime in case he invites you into the house beforehand.
>>
>>1200107
Can you get your ass out of bed and in the milking parlor by 4:30 a.m.? Can you stay awake? Do you have enough brains to fix the stupid problems and call me for the bigger ones? Are you an idiot stoner drug addict? Can you do this job for more than three days without going all millennial and needing your mommy to prop up your waning self confidence? Those are the questions you'll get asked, roughly. And the fucking cows will be there waiting on you to milk them, well, hook up the milking machines. Their udders hurt if they're not emptied regularly, and they aren't as dumb as most people think they are. Bunch of fucking city slickers up in here, God damnit.
>>
>worked dairy before

Wear clean work clothing, say you like working outdoors and getting your hands dirty. Ask if it would be ok to help him getting the cows in.
>>
>>1200107
You literally dont even need to speak English to get that kind of job
>>
>>1200731
Imagine trying to sign language someone to get a pair of wire strainers, what a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>1200107
I saw a job offer for a dairy farm too, in Ireland, I was going to apply since they were looking for 20 new workers. Unfortunately they specifically asked for people with at least 6 month experience, and the ad said anyone with that Need No Apply. :(
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.