[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New toilet needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 033056084496.jpg (77KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
033056084496.jpg
77KB, 900x900px
I'm going to replace one of my toilets soon but I don't know how to go about deciding on one. I want a dual-flush mode toilet but I don't want to have any "two flush incidents" when taking a dump.

I read reviews online and people complain about this with pretty much every new toilet since they usually only use 1.28 liters per flush for a dump, and some complain that even then they leave skid marks or a "ring of shame" after flushing.

The stores won't let me test the toilet first before buying, so how do I go about picking the right one?
>>
All low flow toilets are garbage. Get a conventional one.
>>
>>1199955
Take a chocolate bar and a jug of water with you. Make sure you keep the chocolate bar on the dash or in your pocket.
>>
You can adjust the toilet fill valve if the tank is a decent size.
>>
>>1199978
Forgot to add, test the toilets at the highest priced place in town, and buy from the discount guys.
>>
Go to the store and take a shit in the display models and drain it with a gallon of water from a jug. Repeat until you find the toilet of your dreams.
>>
>>1199981
This, OP don't listen to toilet reviews they're done by normies who don't adjust anything. With my toilet there's a threaded rod and a bolt that you can lift up the float on. Just get whatever toilet you want with a decent sized tank and find out how it works.
>>
I bought 2 toilets in the fall of last year from Home Depot.. Both were what I assumed were the same toilet (turned out they were not the same although they looked 100% identical).

One toilet couldn't flush a wet shit down the drain, and the other we couldn't clog even after eating a brick of cheese.

We had it a week and many calls to Kohler (over a dozen) it was determined we got 2 different models of flush mode, so they sent us a replacement unit and both flush everything we've put through it.

Basically, the one that didn't flush was a 2 stage 1.0 and 1.28 Gallon Kohler, the one that flushed everything was the 1.1 and 1.6 gallon model.

From what i've learned (kind of the hard way) is anything in the 1.3gallon and under flush is going to give you problems in 2 places.. one in the bowl, one in the connector drain to the main sewer (not enough water clearing out the pipe).

the 1.6 gallon hasn't given us a problem and i'd highly recommend looking for anything with specs over those values
>>
>>1199955
Which country?

British toilets are evidently incapable of flushing a manly cable. I have many times had to fill a large bucket with water to dispose of the blockage. Perhaps those are based on the people suffering chronic food poisoning.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9jrGpLYCk

>tfw just bought a house that has one of these in mint condition

5 gallons of flushing goodness.

I'm also looking into new toilets though because I feel guilty about the water usage and I do a lot of flushing every day so I figure I'll break even on the cost in a year or so.
>>
>>1200046
Ive never once thought about watching people flush stuff down the toilet, but these videos look entertaining in their own weird way.

Also water usage is expensive where I live, im looking into getting a dual flush toilet or some other low flow.
The other city I moved from had a static water bill so I didnt give one shit
>>
>>1200048
>Ive never once thought about watching people flush stuff down the toilet, but these videos look entertaining in their own weird way.
Yeah, somehow my research into new toilets led me into a fascinating world of toilet enthusiast videos on YouTube.

Water is around a tenth of a cent per gallon where I live which is pretty cheap, but like I said I do a lot of flushing so even that is a concern, plus the guilt of using a ton of water...
>>
If you are concerned about cost or ethics of water user you might look into grey water recycling. Grey water, from washing machine, dishwasher and showers can be used to water the garden (soap acts as a fertiliser), or for flushing toilets.
>>
Low flow toilets have gotten better. They make some with higher pressure nozzles and ones with better bowl geometry. Don't buy the cheap ones. They always suck.
>>
File: 03_head.jpg (29KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
03_head.jpg
29KB, 350x400px
Join the modern world and buy a Japanese style bidet toilet. Never use toilet paper again! Yes they sell english versions made for America.
>>
Having spoken to many plumbers, real estate investors/remodelers, etc about this, it seems there is one conclusive choice for "good shitter that won't shit on you": American Standard Cadet 3. I've met people who have near 100 rentals and they use this in all of them. I'm going to be installing a couple within a month or so here.
>>
>>1201895
>light INSIDE the throne
Why? Does it film the cabling in all its glory and uploads on YouTube for later appreciation? I am sure there is an app for that.

I remember from y time in Japan that the techno toilets were much feared, a huge control panel in kanji that we somehow never learned. You could easily tell who had been too adventurous: wet streaks up his back as he had not been properly positioned on the throne as he pushed the FLUSH!! button.

Ah yes, those were the days.
>>
>>1199986
Low flow toilets also have a smaller throat where the waste leaves in an attempt to increase velocity. More water won't usually help a low flow. It will cause an overflow if it ever gets clogged.
>>
>>1199955
I got a kohler highline a bit ago. Seems like an okay toilet for a 1.28gpf. Most of the reviews online are favorable and it falls around in the middle of the normal price range at $150 at HD. Don't get the $100 ones and the $300+ end of things is for suckers. Round designs are suppose to flush better but elongated is suppose to be more comfortable. Most of the reviews online are favorable. Here's a few tips that may help. Use the old bolt nuts to attach the new bolts to the flange, its not needed by I felt more comfortable installing my crapper to something that wasn't loose. The other thing is dry fit it without the wax ring, I set mine down in place how I wanted, then drew a black line around it to know exactly where it would sit once the ring was in place. Get the thick wax ring too if your toilet flange is a little below floor level.
>>
>>1202897
>$300+ end of things is for suckers.
I'm about to order a Toto Drake for around $320... I hope it's worth it.

Not many options these days for the old lower height standard.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.