[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I do it /diy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: howm8.png (40KB, 982x640px) Image search: [Google]
howm8.png
40KB, 982x640px
Want to have my ps4 play through my computer screen, don't know how, but I know you guys prolly do. halp plz.

>Tech Specs
Windows 10 home
version: 1607
os build: 14393.1358
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB

Do I need special parts? software?
>>
>>1199462
Bump
>>
>>1199462
you need a video acquisition card fast enough, which for sure doesn't come with an usb interface so you can't.
But maybe, if you can settle with lower resolutions you may be lucky with one with usb3.
>>
File: rawrrr2.jpg (94KB, 655x805px) Image search: [Google]
rawrrr2.jpg
94KB, 655x805px
>>1199462

You cant do it with out taking apart your laptop screen and using a lcd controller for it, easiest solution is to get a usb capture device / tv tuner. You can get them on ebay cheap.
>>
>>1199462
You can't. If you spent more time in school rather than jerking off with video games you'd know that.
>>
File: 1498424179387.jpg (45KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1498424179387.jpg
45KB, 720x405px
>>1199466
yo just got a good answer from /g/.

here's the best answer I got that that involves a low tech fix.

"Use PlayStation remote
https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

Connect Ethernet laptop to PS4

I use it to play PS4 on iMac because I don't have tv"
>>
>>1199462

As an additional thought, it might be cheaper to just go to a thrift store and buy a lcd monitor cheap, i see them for 8 bucks at my local thrift all the time.
>>
>>1199479

Yes you can you mong.
>>
>>1199462
>retarded way
video capture card
>right way
take apart the computer, disconnect the LVDS/eDP cable from the motherboard, attach to PS3 using controllers or adapters. eDP->HDMI, LVDS -> controller
>>
Stop being a dirty console peasant
>>
>>1199462
The laptop probably has an HDMI out not in, as a result you won't be able to display it on the laptop screen with just the HDMI cable. As stated by many others you'll need some a capture card to allow video to stream over. PS don't go with a cheap 20$ on its gonna look like a potato.
>>
>>1199462
Have you tried kys?
>>
>>1199462
That's not how laptop monitors work. Stop before damaging your hardware and get a fucking TV ffs they are cheap as fuck.
>>
Stop being a console peasant and if you are going to be one play on a proper screen.
>>
>laptop
>ps4

its like you dont even play video games
>>
>>1199462
>>1199852
>>1200478
I dont understand how a lot of people think that the HDMI port is IN and not OUT.
>>
Don't worry about the naysayers and buyfags ITT. Just jam your HDMI plug in the USB port. Use a 2lb sledge if it's not going it. It should fit snug without components falling out.
>>
>>1199462
https://www.amazon.com/Magewell-XI100DUSB-HDMI-Capture-Video-Dongle/dp/B00I16VQOY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.