[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sealing an apartment door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 71r49S47SDL._SL1500_.jpg (88KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71r49S47SDL._SL1500_.jpg
88KB, 1500x1500px
hard mode: no screws, nails or adhesive allowed.

Getting real sick of the stink of curry coming from the hallway every goddam night.

Ideally I'd just be able to buy something like this, but they're just straight up not available in Australia and I'm finding it really hard to justify spending $60+ on importing $3 worth of plastic.
>>
How's about not living in a fucking apartment. If the city's the only place you can get work then boy have I got the advice for you.

So my Dad lives in Australia and gets supervising jobs all over the show in boom towns. One such town is Moree, they're absolutely fucking desperate for workers. They even have abbos running the combines they're that desperate, and because it's a nothing town you can easily find a place to live for $200 a week while still rolling in a 2k a week pay check. Now the jobs in this place are in grain, warehouses, mechanics and trucking.

If you want my advice, go to Moree and work for 5 years then get the fuck out of there and buy whatever the fuck middle class house you please. Then you can be a plasterer or some shit to pay for food and internet.
>>
>>1199248
>They ... have abbos
no thanks
>>
>>1199252
Stop being a fucking poofta, I gave some solid as fuck advice that took me a lot of fucking words to write so be fucking grateful cunt! If I didn't have my house paid off I'd be all that shit.
>>
>>1199238

A draft strip like this on the bottom.

Rolls of draft profile tape in the door frame. It compresses when you close the door, it will make it harder to close the door.
>>
>>1199258
fuck off ranga.
>>
U could try pipe insulation
>>
>>1199267
YOU CALLING ME RANGA FOR CUNT?!! TRYNA FUCKING HELP YOU!!!
>>
>>1199238
No adhesive is tough. With apartment hallway stink the way to go is weather stripping on the inside of the door jamb- that is adhesive. For the gap at the bottom, cut a length of foam pipe insulation to size and shove it in the gap. If you're willing to go with at least adhesive you can get a purpose designed thing from hardware store. One with a soft rubber bottom would be best.
>>
>>1199286
>>1199286
Oh, also if hardware store doesn't have it you can ask them to order something in for you. It'll take longer but you won't have to pay shipping.
>>
File: IMG_20170625_134517.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_134517.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Use something Luke this
>>
File: IMG_20170625_134543.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_134543.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>
File: luke this.jpg (14KB, 294x379px) Image search: [Google]
luke this.jpg
14KB, 294x379px
>>1199291
>>
>>1199238

Move to a real country.
>>
>>1199248
>How's about not living in a fucking apartment
best advice here. Stop being a rent cuck and buy a house.
>>
>>1199292

ok, so how do i make that? what's inside the cloth snake?
>>
>>1199373
That poster is a fucking retard. If it's your entry door, it will never fit. Unless you live in a shithole with large gaps under the door. those are made for interior doors.
>>
>>1199291
>>1199292
thanks bud. i was thinking about just getting one of those single door snakes, but i didn't want to have to kick it back into place every time i open the door. that thing looks good and i can get one for like $10 so i'll give that a try first.

>>1199286
my rent agreement mentioned no adhesive tape of any kind like 3 different times but i'll probably have to just risk it anyway and do a good job cleaning up since even with something underneath it'll just leak in through the sides.

thanks lads
>>
>>1199367
>Just buy a house

Fucking boomers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.